Windows 10: My laptop can't boot after reset and repair

Discus and support My laptop can't boot after reset and repair in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I did a factory reset to my laptop, but to my surprise I couldn't create an account nor log in to only one available account which was "other user" -... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KamilaDobija, Feb 19, 2019.

1. My laptop can't boot after reset and repair

I did a factory reset to my laptop, but to my surprise I couldn't create an account nor log in to only one available account which was "other user" - tried to log in with microsoft account, but couldn't.
    > I've read that I should try to create an account on administrator acount, so I got into safe mode and logged in, but got black screen with pop-up error 'C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop location is not available',

> then I've rebooted my laptop and while trying to get into that administrator account again I got a warning, it was sth like "hard error" and then my admistrator account has become disabled

> I've tried to restore the image - couldn't because there was apparently no administrator account (or so the laptop said)

-then I've tried to repair my laptop and got a message that it can take more than an hour, after that my laptop couldn't boot, still showing lenovo logo, then black screen, then windows logo with "wait" underneath it, then black screen again. These four images on the neverending loop.

I have no clue what to do now, so if someone could please guide me, I would highly appreciate it.

:)

KamilaDobija, Feb 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 Laptop won't boot, restart, repair, or reset

Hi,

To resolve the issue I suggest you to do a disk repair on your computer following these steps:

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website

• Download the media creation tool and then run it.

• Select Create installation media for another PC.

• Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).

• Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select
      Finish.

• Connect the installation media you created to your nonfunctional PC, and then turn it on.

• On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select
      Next. If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.

• Select Repair your computer.

• On the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot. From there, you can:

• Restore from a system restore point by selecting
      Advanced options > Command Prompt and run Check Disk: chkdsk.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    Windows 10 Advanced Options Menu to Repair

I would try the following steps in order:

1. Remove the laptop main battery for a few minutes - may reset something
    2. Load BIOS defaults
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free on another PC, create a Reflect USB repair disk then use that disk to repair your laptop
    4. Recover from backup if you have one
    5. Perform a Windows 10 repair install - see instructions on this forum

Steve C, Feb 19, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

My laptop can't boot after reset and repair

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

My laptop can't boot after reset and repair

1. My laptop can't boot after reset and repair - Similar Threads - laptop can't boot

2. Windows can't boot or repair and no Reset this PC available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can't boot or repair and no Reset this PC available: Hi all,I'm having an issue with my windows 10 boot.Basically yesterday it ran into a problem where my PC frozecrashed on its own and nothing could work. But before it crashed, it was playing music and since everything stopped, the music became an horrible sound like a trimmer...
  3. Windows can't boot or repair and no Reset this PC available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can't boot or repair and no Reset this PC available: Hi all,I'm having an issue with my windows 10 boot.Basically yesterday it ran into a problem where my PC frozecrashed on its own and nothing could work. But before it crashed, it was playing music and since everything stopped, the music became an horrible sound like a trimmer...
  4. Windows can't boot or repair and no Reset this PC available

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. can't reset/repair/revert/re-anything my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't reset/repair/revert/re-anything my laptop: To be fair I didn't update it since 2020, and so when I finally did, once it successfully completed the updates and installs I thought it was fine, but a few days later it froze and my action was to force-shut it down. unfortunately this one resulted in the "no bootable...
  6. can't reset/repair/revert/re-anything my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't reset/repair/revert/re-anything my laptop: To be fair I didn't update it since 2020, and so when I finally did, once it successfully completed the updates and installs I thought it was fine, but a few days later it froze and my action was to force-shut it down. unfortunately this one resulted in the "no bootable...
  7. can't reset/repair/revert/re-anything my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows repair can't boot up the laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows repair can't boot up the laptop: I have just pluged out my ssd and put it in another pc it was working fine but as soon as I put it back in my previous pc it started to run windows repair and at last it says it can't fix it. I tried to restore then it says that a partition is missing what to do please help....
  9. Can't reset my laptop from automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't reset my laptop from automatic repair: Hello everyone, My laptop with Windows 10 is showing a blue screen with the error 0xc000021a every time I try to access the Windows. When I turn on my laptop, it shows the message: 'Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC' and the options: 'Shut down' and 'Advanced...
  10. Not booting after update, failed startup repair, reset.

in Windows 10 Support
    Not booting after update, failed startup repair, reset.: Windows automatically updated and then my audio stopped working so as always I tried turning it on and off again but then it got stuck on the spinning thing. I've included a video i you want to see what it looked like. https://goo.gl/photos/3VQtXAaZ9QN2wev4A, I have not...