Windows 10: My laptop can't connect to WiFi

Discus and support My laptop can't connect to WiFi in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop no longer connects to Wifi. When it rarely connects, it doesn't last long and the signal is always very low, from all networks. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FrankHairston778, Oct 20, 2021.

1. My laptop can't connect to WiFi

Hi, My laptop no longer connects to Wifi. When it rarely connects, it doesn't last long and the signal is always very low, from all networks. I can connect the same networks on other portable devices. Currently, I can only access the Internet through a cable connected directly to the network. Wifi does not work. What should I do to correct these problems?

:)

FrankHairston778, Oct 20, 2021

2. Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Oct 20, 2021
  3. laptop can't find wifi but connects with ethernet cable

Please try these troubleshooting steps that may help.

1. Make sure the router SSID broadcast is on.
    2. Change the wifi channel to see if it resolves the problem.
    3. Enter the SSID and WPA2 password manually and see if the laptop connects.
    4. Temporarily turn off the encryption.
    5. We go into device manager & check updates for wifi drivers, we may need to simply update the driver.
    6. We go to Settings - Network & Internet - Status - Change Adapter Options, then right-clicked 'Ethernet' and disabled it. We do the same with wifi. Then we (with Ethernet still disabled) enabled wifi. It should re-connect to your wifi after a while.
    7. We have to disconnect our Ethernet cable from our laptop and follow the steps:
      Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the wifi networks.
      Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, we will be asked to give a password for our wifi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to our wifi network via wireless.
    8. First is to disconnect the internet cable from the laptop then uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
      Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
      Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
      After the reboot do try connecting to your wireless network again.
      If all these will not work, do also make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled. Depending the model of your laptop there should be key combinations on how to enable/disable it.

Daisy Zhou, Oct 20, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

My laptop can't connect to WiFi

Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

My laptop can't connect to WiFi

1. My laptop can't connect to WiFi - Similar Threads - laptop can't connect

2. Can't connect my laptop to the wifi and taskbar crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect my laptop to the wifi and taskbar crashes: I'm currently having a problem with my HP laptop 17-cn0013dx, where it doesn't want to display wifi connections plus the taskbar crashes and freezes. The first thing happened when I opened my laptop and no wifi connections were showing up, thinking it simply needed a reroot,...
  3. Can't connect my laptop to the wifi and taskbar crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect my laptop to the wifi and taskbar crashes: I'm currently having a problem with my HP laptop 17-cn0013dx, where it doesn't want to display wifi connections plus the taskbar crashes and freezes. The first thing happened when I opened my laptop and no wifi connections were showing up, thinking it simply needed a reroot,...
  4. Can't connect my laptop to the wifi and taskbar crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop can't connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop can't connect to WiFi: Hi, My laptop no longer connects to Wifi. When it rarely connects, it doesn't last long and the signal is always very low, from all networks. I can connect the same networks on other portable devices. Currently, I can only access the Internet through a cable connected...
  6. My laptop can't connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop can't connect to WiFi: Hi, My laptop no longer connects to Wifi. When it rarely connects, it doesn't last long and the signal is always very low, from all networks. I can connect the same networks on other portable devices. Currently, I can only access the Internet through a cable connected...
  7. My laptop can't connect to particular WiFi

My laptop can't connect to particular WiFi: My laptop suddenly can't connect to home WiFi, the Wifi able to connect to other device and my laptop can connect to portable Wifi and other Wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-cant-connect-to-particular-wifi/d3b13c42-b99b-456c-adb6-53b76f426d32
  8. Laptop can't connect to WiFi

Laptop can't connect to WiFi: Hi! I slept for 4 hours and left my laptop on sleep. After I wake up, I open it and the laptop can't connect to the internet anymore.The solutions provided within...
  9. Laptop suddenly can't connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop suddenly can't connect to wifi: Hi, I'm suddenly having issues connecting to WIFI network on one laptop. On the other laptop there is no such problem. I have tried all the basic stuff such as restarting the laptop and the wifi router, I tried forgetting the wifi data and adding my wifi network again,...
  10. Can't connect to WiFi on laptop

Can't connect to WiFi on laptop: Hello! I am student at university and am having trouble connecting to the WiFi from my laptop (my phone connects just fine). Every time i try to connect, it either: 1) Says "Can't connect to this network" 2)Takes forever trying to connect but doesn't actually connect; when...