Windows 10: My laptop can't find desktop and black screen

Discus and support My laptop can't find desktop and black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello i need help im log on as administrator and it can't find desktop and error 0x800401E5 keeps appearing when trying to make a new folder i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarioRamos8, Oct 20, 2020.

1. My laptop can't find desktop and black screen

Hello i need help im log on as administrator and it can't find desktop and error 0x800401E5 keeps appearing when trying to make a new folder i have been having this problem for 2 days now.

:)

MarioRamos8, Oct 20, 2020

2. Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Virus-j Win User

My laptop can't find desktop and black screen

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

My laptop can't find desktop and black screen

1. My laptop can't find desktop and black screen - Similar Threads - laptop can't find

2. My laptop is on but screen is black and pointer is find

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is on but screen is black and pointer is find: My laptop is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-on-but-screen-is-black-and-pointer-is/508b5a27-c19d-4334-8aef-f94eca37d270
  3. My laptop is on but screen is black and pointer is find

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is on but screen is black and pointer is find: My laptop is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-on-but-screen-is-black-and-pointer-is/508b5a27-c19d-4334-8aef-f94eca37d270
  4. Can't find Task View or New Desktop anywhere on my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find Task View or New Desktop anywhere on my screen: I'm running Win 10 19043.1348 and can find no item called Task View to open multiple desktops. I've looked at Settings and Task View is greyed out so I can't switch it on. Please Advise. I want to open an app multiple times so I can work from different sections of...
  5. Can't find Task View or New Desktop anywhere on my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find Task View or New Desktop anywhere on my screen: I'm running Win 10 19043.1348 and can find no item called Task View to open multiple desktops. I've looked at Settings and Task View is greyed out so I can't switch it on. Please Advise. I want to open an app multiple times so I can work from different sections of...
  6. Can't find Task View or New Desktop anywhere on my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 miracast Connect can't find my laptop. But laptop can find my desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 miracast Connect can't find my laptop. But laptop can find my desktop.: I was trying to use my laptop as an extended display for my desktop PC. But when i choose connect i can't find my laptop. But my laptop can find my desktop and can use my desktop monitor as an extended wireless display. Also i can find my laptop when i am trying to project my...
  8. Desktop Screen is Black

Desktop Screen is Black: The screen on Desktop computer shows a black background and the text is mostly yellow. How can I change it to normal. I also found out that Windows was update a few hours ago. I have read about related problems here and their solutions, but it seems as if the updated...
  9. Desktop black screen

Desktop black screen: Hi When I log on I briefly have access to my desktop but after a few seconds or if i try to get to my settings the whole screen goes black. However my mouse arrow stays visible and I can move it but theres nothing to click on to. Please can anyone help???...
  10. Black screen in my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen in my laptop: So today I turned on my laptop. Everything was doing fine until the screen was black. If you're wondering how I got this I pressed Ctrl+Shift+Esc (Task Manager) and opened a file location, then I got all of my data, so my PC isn't encrypted, I got all of the normal apps, but...