Windows 10: My laptop can't search for networks

Discus and support My laptop can't search for networks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; One day my laptop just couldn't connect through wifi. It can't search for networks. When I click the internet icon on the Taskbar no networks appeared.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wasd Wa, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Wasd Wa Win User

My laptop can't search for networks

One day my laptop just couldn't connect through wifi. It can't search for networks. When I click the internet icon on the Taskbar no networks appeared. Then I checked device manager and saw the Bluetooth, network controller and network adapters with a warning sign like this. I double clicked on them and the bluetooth and network adapter said on the device status "This device cannot start. Code 10". The network controller said "the drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28". How can I fix it?.

:)

Wasd Wa, Aug 14, 2022
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 14, 2022
  4. My laptop can't search for networks

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

My laptop can't search for networks

1. My laptop can't search for networks - Similar Threads - laptop can't search

2. can't connect my laptop to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't connect my laptop to network: can't connect my laptop to home wifi and when i go to near upto 5 m it connect automatically and can be used from each and every corner of my home . it is very task to carry to modem and connect and comeback so anybody please give me a solution. it is only for laptop ,all...
  3. can't connect my laptop to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't connect my laptop to network: can't connect my laptop to home wifi and when i go to near upto 5 m it connect automatically and can be used from each and every corner of my home . it is very task to carry to modem and connect and comeback so anybody please give me a solution. it is only for laptop ,all...
  4. My laptop can't search for networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop can't search for networks: One day my laptop just couldn't connect through wifi. It can't search for networks. When I click the internet icon on the Taskbar no networks appeared. Then I checked device manager and saw the Bluetooth, network controller and network adapters with a warning sign like this....
  5. My laptop can't search for networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop can't search for networks: One day my laptop just couldn't connect through wifi. It can't search for networks. When I click the internet icon on the Taskbar no networks appeared. Then I checked device manager and saw the Bluetooth, network controller and network adapters with a warning sign like this....
  6. I can't see my WIFI network on my laptop....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't see my WIFI network on my laptop....: This is strange. I cannot see my home WIFI network from my laptop, but I can see eight of more other networks. While at the same time, my desktop computer is successfully using the very same network that I cannot see from my laptop. My cell phone and tablet can also...
  7. laptop wont search for networks windows 10

in Cortana
    laptop wont search for networks windows 10: laptop wont search for networks in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-search-for-networks-windows-10/f4e4eb73-df07-43af-bb41-b92f7dccdf85
  8. Can't see PC & laptop on network

Can't see PC & laptop on network: I have just purchased a brand-new laptop and I cannot get it to show on my network. I've gone into network & sharing and I've checked all the relevant boxes but it still won't work. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. Can't index and search network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't index and search network drive: A z drive exists which is a share on a QNAP NAS. On other Windows PC's, when a user searches in File Explorer they get results for files on that NAS share. On this specific Windows PC, they get minimal results from the NAS Share. It's as if indexing isn't complete. I've...
  10. My Laptop can't see my wifi network

My Laptop can't see my wifi network: I have a very frustrating one. I had a problem with my wireless Router, so I bought a new one different model, I figured while I was spending the money I'd get a Wifi6 router so hopefully I'll be good for a good long while I installed it, and have it online. My old...