Windows 10: My laptop contents cannot be projected to another screen

Discus and support My laptop contents cannot be projected to another screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,It is very strange that all files contents cannot be projected to another screen using a connecting projector. I can see my laptop's blank screen,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HongwangDu, Jan 30, 2023.

1. My laptop contents cannot be projected to another screen

Hi,It is very strange that all files contents cannot be projected to another screen using a connecting projector. I can see my laptop's blank screen, its task bar, but not any other contents in the screen. when I open the Powerpoint file, It cannot be projected to the screen too. however, when I change to the slide-show model, I can see the PPT contents. Very strange.I have uninstall and re-install the display driver. I guess it is the problem of microsoft 365 issue, I use window 11. It was OK before. is It because the update of window 11?Thank you!Robert

:)

HongwangDu, Jan 30, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to project PC screen to TV

Hi Pat,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• How are you trying to project the Laptop screen?
    • Are you receiving any error message?
    • Were you able to project the laptop screen to TV earlier?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks
    and check if that helps.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Arnie Est Win User

My laptop contents cannot be projected to another screen

I can't Project my Screen on pc

Hello Obaro Nduka,

Thank youn for posting Microsoft Community.

We're here to help. Regarding your concern you may follow the steps provided below:

• Use a USB cable to connect to your Windows device.
    • Start the Project My Screen app on your Windows device.
    • On your phone, tap Yes when prompted to allow screen projection.
    Note: You can't use a USB connection to project content that's protected by Digital Right Management (DRM) -- for example Xbox Video. Projecting your screen with a USB connection is video only. You can still manage audio through your phone.

Hope this helps.

Arnie Est, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

My laptop contents cannot be projected to another screen

1. My laptop contents cannot be projected to another screen - Similar Threads - laptop contents cannot

2. Not able to Project Another screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to Project Another screen: my laptop will not project to my tv screen/ another PC screen any more and it did before I use a HDMI cord. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-project-another-screen/25c4bc7b-88bd-4e04-9a09-93a8542b5af5
  3. Not able to Project Another screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to Project Another screen: my laptop will not project to my tv screen/ another PC screen any more and it did before I use a HDMI cord. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-project-another-screen/25c4bc7b-88bd-4e04-9a09-93a8542b5af5
  4. Not able to Project Another screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Project the screen on a laptop

Project the screen on a laptop: Hello, I would like to project my laptop screen to another laptop, I have enabled wireless display on my target computer. Then I did windows + p and selected wireless display, but unable to detect my target computer. What could I do? I have an HDMI jack on both computers but...
  6. Project the screen on a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Project the screen on a laptop: Hello, I would like to project my laptop screen to another laptop, I have enabled wireless display on my target computer. Then I did windows + p and selected wireless display, but unable to detect my target computer. What could I do? I have an HDMI jack on both computers but...
  7. My laptop contents cannot be projected to another screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop contents cannot be projected to another screen: Hi,It is very strange that all files contents cannot be projected to another screen using a connecting projector. I can see my laptop's blank screen, its task bar, but not any other contents in the screen. when I open the Powerpoint file, It cannot be projected to the screen...
  8. Wireless Projection to another laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Projection to another laptop: Hello everyone,I'm trying to connect 2 laptops via bluetooth so I can expand my display, but the problem is it only connects one way.When I use my ASUS to project to my HP it connects perfectly and I am able to project to it, but when I try to project my HP to the ASUS it...
  9. Wireless Projection to another laptop

Wireless Projection to another laptop: Hello everyone,I'm trying to connect 2 laptops via bluetooth so I can expand my display, but the problem is it only connects one way.When I use my ASUS to project to my HP it connects perfectly and I am able to project to it, but when I try to project my HP to the ASUS it...
  10. Change PC Screen in Project to another monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PC Screen in Project to another monitor: Hi all! First time posting here. I have a bit of a problem and I need help figuring this out. So, when I go to Project to either extend, duplicate or change screens, if I click PC screen (top option), Windows automatically switches to my "other" display. This all...