Windows 10: My laptop crashed, but HDD intact: Can I restore the Win 10 Installation + Programs on a...

Discus and support My laptop crashed, but HDD intact: Can I restore the Win 10 Installation + Programs on a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my Dell XPS laptop doesn't boot anymore. But the harddrive is still okay. So if I connect that harddrive to my new laptop as an external HDD. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Paltenburg, Jan 17, 2020.

1. My laptop crashed, but HDD intact: Can I restore the Win 10 Installation + Programs on a...

So my Dell XPS laptop doesn't boot anymore. But the harddrive is still okay.

So if I connect that harddrive to my new laptop as an external HDD. Is there a tool that can pull a backup from there, of the windows installation + all the installed programs?

submitted by /u/Paltenburg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Paltenburg, Jan 17, 2020
  2. BobRome Win User

HDD crashed, will replace on win 8.1 laptop. Can I do a clean install of 10? (Do not have backup or win 8.1 disc

HDD crashed, will replace on win 8.1 laptop. Can I do a clean install of 10? (Do not have backup or win 8.1 disc!)

BobRome, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Jan 17, 2020
  4. bear2790 Win User

My laptop crashed, but HDD intact: Can I restore the Win 10 Installation + Programs on a...

Can I format the Laptop HDD if I have Restore Disks?

I recently aquired a MSI A6200-206US Laptop and it has a utility that burns two Win 7 restore DVD's. I just want to make absolutely certian tha tif I format the HDD to try out Win XP or Ubuntu that the rstore DVD's will put the HDD back to the same condition as when I bought the Laptop. I would hate to find out later that some files on the HDD were needed for the restore to work. I just want to be double sure befor eI wipr the HDD. Thanks

bear2790, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

My laptop crashed, but HDD intact: Can I restore the Win 10 Installation + Programs on a...

1. My laptop crashed, but HDD intact: Can I restore the Win 10 Installation + Programs on a... - Similar Threads - laptop crashed HDD

2. How can I restore my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore my laptop?: My laptop was slow, I tried to reset it, but the loading screen stuck at 36% for a half day. Then I forced a shutdown by pressing the power button for a few seconds. Now the laptop doesn't turn on. Only a black screen shows. The screen turns on and off again, and I can see...
  3. How can I restore my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I restore my laptop?: My laptop was slow, I tried to reset it, but the loading screen stuck at 36% for a half day. Then I forced a shutdown by pressing the power button for a few seconds. Now the laptop doesn't turn on. Only a black screen shows. The screen turns on and off again, and I can see...
  4. I can't install certain programs on my win 10 laptop

I can't install certain programs on my win 10 laptop: My Win 10 Laptop, every program installs fine except 2, H&R Block Tax software & Genesis Navigation Update software. I've tried installing in different compatibilities: Win 7 & Win 8, I've tried with firewall off & antivirus off. I created a new user account and fresh booted...
  5. can I restore a program that was uninstalled?

can I restore a program that was uninstalled?: Is there a way to recover an uninstalled program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-restore-a-program-that-was-uninstalled/c6735bba-da56-467d-b2c2-68f079d1d604
  6. installing win 10 on a new hdd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    installing win 10 on a new hdd: I purchased a Sony laptop several years ago that came with win8 MS offered a free upgrade to win10 that I took advantage of When my unit crashed a while back, I was able to download a media creation tool to a flash drive. to reintall win 10 I now have to replace this hd...
  7. Can I restore backup M7 W10 image on new SSD and keep my HDD intact

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can I restore backup M7 W10 image on new SSD and keep my HDD intact: I am thinking of buying a new SSD and adding it to my desktop PC I have a Macrium 7 backup image of Windows 10 as well as other program files and data files of my current HDD. Is it possible to restore my macrium W10 image to a new SSD and leave the current HDD intact with...
  8. Can I tell if Win 10 was originally installed on my enterprise laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I tell if Win 10 was originally installed on my enterprise laptop: I have a laptop from my company. it currently has win 7 enterprise. Can I tell if was originally supplied with a Win 10 instal and therefor already activated for win 10 ? How can I know if Microsoft already has the laptop on Win 10 activation system ? 73084
  9. can i install win 10 from hdd to another hdd?

can i install win 10 from hdd to another hdd?: i just bought new hdd and i want to install win 10 on it. i have a working win 10 and win 10 iso, can i just install win 10 to my other hard drive without usb or dvd? 23799
  10. Format HDD -- Win 10 Installed

Format HDD -- Win 10 Installed: I just went from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 --- very cool. My hard drive is clogged with a lot of old stuff; I want to reformat the drive. Question: how do I get a recovery / boot format for my new Win 10 installation? Thank you for the suggestions 43847