Windows 10: My laptop crashed while playing a game. Now it won’t boot up normally, safe mode does work....

Discus and support My laptop crashed while playing a game. Now it won’t boot up normally, safe mode does work.... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i was playing a game, then my laptop shut down. I tried booting it and restarti my, but it always gets me an error and the windows blue screen. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OmarSaib, Apr 12, 2021.

1. OmarSaib Win User

My laptop crashed while playing a game. Now it won’t boot up normally, safe mode does work....

So i was playing a game, then my laptop shut down. I tried booting it and restarti my, but it always gets me an error and the windows blue screen. I can boot safe mode, and all my files seem to be there. How do i fix my laptop?

:)

OmarSaib, Apr 12, 2021

2. Freezes in login screen of Safe Mode. Works ok in normal mode

News: I have found that removing 2 (1 set) of the 4 sticks (8Gb total) of DDR, safe mode boots correctly. Checked also, that if I plug them again, safe mode won’t work. Then I have swapped sets, even mixing them with no luck. What bothers me is that these 4 sticks pass prime95 blend test in Windows normal mode (not safe mode).

The timings are auto and voltage to OCZ Reapers specs 2.1v. Tested also with specs timings entered by hand in BIOS (just in case). Do you have some suggestion? I have not changed them, they were working in safe mode as well as normal without issues even in games even OCed, and from Windows10 day one...This last Fall Creators Update has broken this, I think.

What can I do?

Darkbluesky, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Apr 12, 2021
  4. coopfab Win User

My laptop crashed while playing a game. Now it won’t boot up normally, safe mode does work....

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

1. My laptop crashed while playing a game. Now it won’t boot up normally, safe mode does work.... - Similar Threads - laptop crashed while

2. Laptop is opening in safe mode but not in normal mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is opening in safe mode but not in normal mode.: Hello,I have a very old laptop. One day i tried to open it after a long time. When, i opened it, the screen was black. But, the idication light was showing that the laptop is opened. When, i try to open it. It shows windows not shut down successfully. Then, i put the start...
  3. Computer won’t boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won’t boot into safe mode.: For whatever reason, when I select boot into safe mode from the restart menu, it just doesn’t work. My computer shuts off rather than restarts and when I turn it back on, it’s not in safe mode. It’s just normal. Anyone know how I can fix this? submitted by /u/Chaosmyguy...
  4. I got malware on my laptop and now it won't boot up normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got malware on my laptop and now it won't boot up normally or in safe mode: I have a TUF Gaming FX505GE laptop and I somehow got malware and it doesn't let me boot windows neither in normal mode or safe mode.I've tried launching it from start-up settings tab,I've tried the command prompt method,and it all leads me back to the automatic repair...
  5. I got malware on my laptop and now it won't boot up normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got malware on my laptop and now it won't boot up normally or in safe mode: I have a TUF Gaming FX505GE laptop and I somehow got malware and it doesn't let me boot windows neither in normal mode or safe mode.I've tried launching it from start-up settings tab,I've tried the command prompt method,and it all leads me back to the automatic repair...
  6. I got malware on my laptop and now it won't boot up normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 won’t boot normally or onto safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won’t boot normally or onto safe mode: My computer is not letting me sign on and trying to trouble shoot won’t work even removing an update, or even boot into safe mode on the recovery environment won’t work at all. Can anyone please help. My computer has not been working for a long time....
  8. Windows only works in safe mode, Crash in normal mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows only works in safe mode, Crash in normal mode: Hey Microsoft community! I need your knowledge right now! I rely on my PC more than ever right now while working from home and the issue I have is causing more stress than I need. The Problem For well over 4 months now, I have been experiencing a system crash that comes...
  9. Restarted in Safe Mode and now my pin won’t work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restarted in Safe Mode and now my pin won’t work: I was having issues with updating my graphics card so I was going to uninstall my graphics in safe mode. I told my computer to restart in safe mode. When it rebooted and asked for my password, it wouldn’t take it. I always signin using my pin number. I know I’m typing it...
  10. Boot Up - Safe vs normal mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot Up - Safe vs normal mode: My PC always Boots up into 'SAFE mode'. How do I Boot up in normal mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-up-safe-vs-normal-mode/5aa99c05-5456-4fe6-a38c-6765b8046b9c