Windows 10: My laptop crashes in one specific room but not others?

Discus and support My laptop crashes in one specific room but not others? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an ASUS TUF FX 507DT My laptop works fine everywhere the only issue I ever really encounter is that sometimes the audio will glitches up for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EllaMcShortall, Jan 16, 2021.

1. My laptop crashes in one specific room but not others?

I have an ASUS TUF FX 507DT

My laptop works fine everywhere the only issue I ever really encounter is that sometimes the audio will glitches up for a second and the "threads get stuck" or something

But when I go to work in my bedroom it'll start freezing up and taking forever for the login to load when I turn it on and off again. It'll then get worse and worse until its continuously crashing and requiring restarts every ten seconds cause it "encountered an issue" or just freezes up immediately. This continues on until I move it out of the room

The second I move it back to the kitchen it starts working perfectly again.

I've had this issue for a few months through both winter and summer so I don't think room temperature is the issue

When it restarts it says "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" and it appeaaaarrs to happen faster when I try to turn on the internet

Anyone know what the issue might be?

Here's the DMP files, idk if I uploaded them correctly

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmPSLsWHpJaqjUgl6m8cnfebbTQp?e=q6La0l

:)

EllaMcShortall, Jan 16, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Random laptop crashes in games.

thats alright bro, If it does turn out to be an overheating issue, I'll let you take all the credit for suggesting it

FreedomEclipse, Jan 16, 2021
  4. My laptop crashes in one specific room but not others?

Removing the "rooms" feature

The alternative way to get to the content, is to use the apps already on your phone:

• Photos – You'll find your photos and videos in the OneDrive app in a folder with same name as the room.
    • Calendar – Go to the Calendar app to see your room calendar.
    • Notes – Your room notes are in the OneNote app, in a notebook with the same name as the room.
    In the post above, Julie suggests an alternative to the group chat via the Skype app.

Hope that helps,

Greg

Greg [MSFT], Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

My laptop crashes in one specific room but not others?

1. My laptop crashes in one specific room but not others? - Similar Threads - laptop crashes specific

2. Game crashing on one user profile and not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashing on one user profile and not others: Hello. The video game Prey 2017, when played on my primary user profile, often crashes to desktop and gives DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG or DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET as errors. I tried creating a new user profile, and the game works without crashing when playing it on that user...
  3. Game crashing on one user profile and not others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game crashing on one user profile and not others: Hello. The video game Prey 2017, when played on my primary user profile, often crashes to desktop and gives DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG or DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET as errors. I tried creating a new user profile, and the game works without crashing when playing it on that user...
  4. One specific Sticky Note crashes program

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    One specific Sticky Note crashes program: So I've have one specific sticky note, the one that im always using, that suddenly just wont open.Everytime I try to open it, it simply crashes the Sticky Notes program, and I have to reset it under "App & Functions".I've also tried reinstalling it and logging in and out of...
  5. One specific Sticky Note crashes program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One specific Sticky Note crashes program: So I've have one specific sticky note, the one that im always using, that suddenly just wont open.Everytime I try to open it, it simply crashes the Sticky Notes program, and I have to reset it under "App & Functions".I've also tried reinstalling it and logging in and out of...
  6. One specific Sticky Note crashes program

7. Powerline ethernet connection to router in other room.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Powerline ethernet connection to router in other room.: I set up an ethernet connection via powerline through electric sock to the router in another room, hub of my home wi-fi network. Could it be visible to others in the building around me?Should I take any precautions or have settings set in a peculiar way?...
  8. Calculator app crashing for one specific user on domain

Calculator app crashing for one specific user on domain: One of our domain users was having an issue with an unrelated program and, since we had very little information to go on, we removed her local profile from the PC and had her start over from scratch. Since then, her calculator app crashes as it's launching. It will open a...
  9. App crashes on one specific account

App crashes on one specific account: Hi, I have downloaded an app and it crashes every time I open it. So I created a new account and guess what, it works just fine Seems like there's something called corrupted account with Microsoft lately. And I don't want to create a new account every time issue happens...
  10. repeated BSOD crashes one after other

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    repeated BSOD crashes one after other: This is my system config just in case : i7-2600k @3.6ghz CPUIntel® Desktop Board DH67BlGtx 1060 GPUDell D2215H monitor2 x 8gb DDR 3 1333mhz CL 9 rams 250gb HDD, Crucial MX 300 SSD 275GBAntec VP 500P PSU I am facing severe BSOD issues since months now and i even bought a...