Windows 10: My Laptop crashes when I plug it in the charger

Discus and support My Laptop crashes when I plug it in the charger in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Happy new years guy. I have a problem with my Laptop, it works very well when it is not connected to the charger, but when I plug it in it works only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Maxernity, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Maxernity Win User

My Laptop crashes when I plug it in the charger

Happy new years guy. I have a problem with my Laptop, it works very well when it is not connected to the charger, but when I plug it in it works only for 5-15 minutes then crashes and I have to force shutdown. I have noticed that if I turn off Background App it works smoothly while plugged in, unfortunately turning off background app is inconvenient for me as I don't get my notifications. I tried to get help from the live chat "Get Help" app and they suggested I do battery drive update, but they are all updated and also I have the latest windows update as I have checked a moment ago. They also asked me to do an In-place upgrade, I didn't that this morning but the problem still occurs. Can someone please help me with this issue. NB: The are no blue screen

:)

Maxernity, Jan 3, 2019
  2. ozan0053 Win User

Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Hello.

I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep mode, however, i resolved this issue by turning computer on, removing the charger, and plugging it back in. That seemed to fix it. However, recently, this method stopped working. My computer runs completely fine when it is unplugged, however, when i plug it in, i get a "Low battery" warning (even though i HAD 72% battery), and the laptop immediately goes to sleep mode. Trying to turn it on is useless. It will only turn on if the charger isn't plugged.

Any advice?

PS: I have already changed all my power & sleep options. Everything is set to "Never".

ozan0053, Jan 3, 2019
  3. ozan0053 Win User
    Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Update: Battery was at 34%, plugged charger in, went to sleep mode as usual. When i turned it on, battery was all of a sudden on 5%, and when i plugged the charger in it jumped to 100%. Then it gave a critical battery warning and went to sleep mode again, but this time it would only turn on when the charger was plugged in.

ozan0053, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Dropped laptop charger; could it be broken?

Have you tried plugging it into the mains (not the PC, just into the wall socket)? My Dell charger has a blue LED in the plug for the PC. If your does and it lights up, then it would seem safe to try it in the PC.

Was it plugged into the PC when you dropped it? The most common 'damage' on a Dell charger seems to be when the plug for the PC get's pulled out of the laptop violently. The centre pin is not for power, it caries an ID signal that the laptop uses to identify the charger. If this wire gets broken inside the plug the laptop can no longer recognise the charger and determine its power output. If that is the case the charger will still power the laptop, but won't charge the battery.

Bree, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. My Laptop crashes when I plug it in the charger - Similar Threads - Laptop crashes plug

2. My laptop is lagging when charger is not plugged in .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is lagging when charger is not plugged in .: My laptop is lagging when charger is not plugged in . I have recently changed my battery. This lagging is happening after that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-lagging-when-charger-is-not-plugged/908bf37d-17e0-4ae4-a01e-476a40ec3f68
  3. My laptop is lagging when charger is not plugged in .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is lagging when charger is not plugged in .: My laptop is lagging when charger is not plugged in . I have recently changed my battery. This lagging is happening after that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-lagging-when-charger-is-not-plugged/908bf37d-17e0-4ae4-a01e-476a40ec3f68
  4. My laptop BSOD when I plug in my charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop BSOD when I plug in my charger: My laptop experienced a BSOD when plugging in the charger. However, when the charger is unplugged, the laptop runs normally. I've followed some of the steps in the previous question, but am still having the same problem. There is the link of my DMP file: DUMPfile.zip...
  5. My laptop BSOD when I plug in my charger

My laptop BSOD when I plug in my charger: My laptop experienced a BSOD when plugging in the charger. However, when the charger is unplugged, the laptop runs normally. I've followed some of the steps in the previous question, but am still having the same problem. There is the link of my DMP file: DUMPfile.zip...
  6. Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :

Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :: Hello Everyone,The problem is that when my laptop is on low battery 30-15 percent i plug my laptop to the charging port and turn it on. Then suddenly my laptop hibernates . Then when i power it on. It again shows the laptop logo and the all the stuff. And my laptop starts...
  7. Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :: Hello Everyone,The problem is that when my laptop is on low battery 30-15 percent i plug my laptop to the charging port and turn it on. Then suddenly my laptop hibernates . Then when i power it on. It again shows the laptop logo and the all the stuff. And my laptop starts...
  8. My Laptop crash when I plug in my charger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop crash when I plug in my charger: i have a problem with my laptop, it works when I plug in my charger but 5-15 minutes later my laptop crashed when i turn it back on then i type my password the screen go black so i have to restart my laptop then i can enter my laptop. So every time I have to wait until my...
  9. My laptop BSOD when I plug in my charger.

My laptop BSOD when I plug in my charger.: Hi,My laptop BSOD when I plug in my charger. So i have to keep plug in to use my laptop. If i use on battery, it still alright, but when battery low and i plug in charger again it become BSOD. Please help.My laptop is Hewlett Packard Spectre....
  10. My laptop BSOD when I plug in my charger

My laptop BSOD when I plug in my charger: Issue's in the subject, I keep getting a blue screen of death shortly after plugging in my charger. It only blue screens when I charge my computer, but when the battery is full everything is fine and i can keep it with the charging cable plugged in. I can't charge my laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop crashes when charger is plugged in

2. plugging in charger laptop crash

3. dota crashes when i plug in my phone

4. windows crashes when charging laptop,
  5. laptop charger crashing laptop,
  6. pluggin in laptop charger freezes HP laptop bootup,
  7. laptop disk drive increases after plugging in charger