Windows 10: my laptop crashes while sitting idle .

Discus and support my laptop crashes while sitting idle . in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have reloaded windows and currently have almost nothing on the computer yet it crashes constantly. I typically get a small blue notice no boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dougf1DS, Jan 6, 2021.

1. dougf1DS Win User

my laptop crashes while sitting idle .

I have reloaded windows and currently have almost nothing on the computer yet it crashes constantly. I typically get a small blue notice no boot device.

I did load whocrashed and have a crash dump analysis.

Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 1903, build: 18362

Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
    Hardware: NE71B, Gateway, EG70_BZ
    CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeontm HD Graphics 8664, level: 20
    2 logical processors, active mask: 3
    RAM: 8130928640 bytes 7.6GB

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Tue 1/5/2021 6:11:35 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\WFP-20210105-1811.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys tcpip+0x16E2AA
    Bugcheck code: 0x5A 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    Error: CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: TCP/IP Driver
    Bug check description: This bug check appears very infrequently.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

:)

dougf1DS, Jan 6, 2021

2. Computer is unresponsive after sitting idle

My laptop screen goes black after sitting idle or when i close the lid. Sleep and hibernation are disabled but laptop becomes unresponsive.

hasanani96, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Computer crashes randomly after sitting idle

Hey guys,

New poster here and im hoping I can get some help. I've tried researching and fixing this on my own but the problem keeps happening. My computer will (seemingly randomly) crash after sitting idle for several minutes. It goes to a blue screen and will produce
    a couple different WHEA errors. What info can I provide to help you, help me diagnose and fix this. I've run memcheck w/o any issues. Updated drivers, reinstalled windows multiple times and on multiple hard drives. Nothing seems to fix the problem.

Colonial Footes, Jan 6, 2021
  4. my laptop crashes while sitting idle .

Blue screen with PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT,The devices will be sitting idle, with the screen on and suddenly crash (BSOD).

Original titlemy laptop crashes while sitting idle . :pDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on idle PC

Hi,

we are using dell Venue 11 tablets for a business venture. However we have an intermittent issue, once every (few) days, they blue screen with PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. The devices will be sitting idle, with the screen on and suddenly crash (BSOD).

I have attached the windows dump file covering an event. Any light you can shed would be fantastic.

the dump file is available at http://www.woolfitservices.com/dumps/073116-9781-01.dmp

Thanks in advance!

IanWoolfenden, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

my laptop crashes while sitting idle .

1. my laptop crashes while sitting idle . - Similar Threads - laptop crashes while

2. Crashing while idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing while idle: Hi, I have an issue with my system sometimes having the fans spinning at a high RPM don't think it's quite the max because it doesn't sound like a jet with really bad performance, like programs taking a few seconds to realise I have pressed something and the start menu search...
  3. Crashing while idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing while idle: Hi, I have an issue with my system sometimes having the fans spinning at a high RPM don't think it's quite the max because it doesn't sound like a jet with really bad performance, like programs taking a few seconds to realise I have pressed something and the start menu search...
  4. Crashing while idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle: I'm having BSOD crashes seemingly at random times, mostly when I'm not even at the PC and it's just sitting idle Here's a link for the zipped dump files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lvnAKJyn8FTeL7X-DfEPznLa2ZU02Frg/view?usp=share_link...
  6. Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle: I'm having BSOD crashes seemingly at random times, mostly when I'm not even at the PC and it's just sitting idle Here's a link for the zipped dump files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lvnAKJyn8FTeL7X-DfEPznLa2ZU02Frg/view?usp=share_link...
  7. Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle

8. Hot and crashes while idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hot and crashes while idle: Hi, I have an Asus Laptop wich is runnig hot while idle untill it crashes and I return to a black screen and have to hold the power untill it restarts. I have tried a lot of things, but can not seem to find what is causing it. I have used driver verification, but it got...
  9. Computer crashes randomly after sitting idle

Computer crashes randomly after sitting idle: Hey guys, New poster here and im hoping I can get some help. I've tried researching and fixing this on my own but the problem keeps happening. My computer will (seemingly randomly) crash after sitting idle for several minutes. It goes to a blue screen and will produce a...
  10. Crash after it sits for a while

Crash after it sits for a while: This is a machine I built from scratch about six months ago. Upgraded to Windows 10 about two months ago. I keep getting very random crashes, sometimes once a week, some times more. Yesterday it happened twice. It seems to only happen when the computer is unattended for a...