Windows 10: My laptop deletes everything other than a couple apps every time I switch it off.

Discus and support My laptop deletes everything other than a couple apps every time I switch it off. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay, so this started happening about 2 days ago when I shutdown my laptop just as I usually would when I'm done using it. But when I switched it on, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Honza Thomas, Mar 11, 2021.

1. My laptop deletes everything other than a couple apps every time I switch it off.

Okay, so this started happening about 2 days ago when I shutdown my laptop just as I usually would when I'm done using it. But when I switched it on, I realized half of my shortcuts for apps were missing, as well as the fact that my wallpaper had been changed to the default windows symbol.

So, as one would, I went to check in my files folder to find EVERYTHING had been deleted. Yet, I realized, I hadn't gained any storage so they were being kept somewhere. I went through my system restore, my recycle bin, and everything I found online that'd helped others with similar problems, half of them I couldn't seem to do as my laptop won't let me run apps as administrator. So, I kept trying different things here and there to much disappointment as none of them helped and my files and downloads remain missing, as I said. I tried a system restore but it kept saying I had no restore point so that was short lived.

I'd really appreciate if anybody'd be able to help me get my downloads and files back as I had many hours worth of downloads and some pretty precious information in my files that I'd really rather not lose. Or at the very least, to get my storage recovered and to stop my laptop from deleting everything I try to download as soon as I shut it down, This is starting to bother me quite a bit. And it'd be a delight if anybody could help. Also, yes. I'm currently using my own user with my own confidential's, there has not been a temporary user created in place of my old one, Not that I know of at least, I couldn't find anything that'd hint to it

Kind Regards.

:)

Honza Thomas, Mar 11, 2021
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 11, 2021
  4. My laptop deletes everything other than a couple apps every time I switch it off.

Help needed for my dell latitude laptop. couple troubles

Hi Paige,

There are a number of built in troubleshooters in your laptop that you can use to help you resolve this issue. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search box.
    • Click on Troubleshoot to run the app.
    • Run the the following troubleshooters listed below and check the results:
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Bluetooth
    • Recording Audio
    • Speech
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you visit the device manufacturer's website to download the latest drivers for your PC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

My laptop deletes everything other than a couple apps every time I switch it off.

1. My laptop deletes everything other than a couple apps every time I switch it off. - Similar Threads - laptop deletes everything

2. BOSD every time I turn my laptop or in less than an hour after turning it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BOSD every time I turn my laptop or in less than an hour after turning it on: Link to the most recent dump file:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkzGiSjK1tr3kwvXXZYvtkGuBoEL?e=eZVgQY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bosd-every-time-i-turn-my-laptop-or-in-less-than/ccd83e9c-87ee-4444-96d0-df4c07a2d7cd
  3. BOSD every time I turn my laptop or in less than an hour after turning it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BOSD every time I turn my laptop or in less than an hour after turning it on: Link to the most recent dump file:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkzGiSjK1tr3kwvXXZYvtkGuBoEL?e=eZVgQY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bosd-every-time-i-turn-my-laptop-or-in-less-than/ccd83e9c-87ee-4444-96d0-df4c07a2d7cd
  4. my laptop always deletes everything when i turn it off and back on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my laptop always deletes everything when i turn it off and back on: whenever i turn off my laptop, it completely wipes everything when i turn it back on. this is starting to annoy me, how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-always-deletes-everything-when-i-turn-it/1076660b-cbaa-46eb-b758-79915a93d5ad
  5. Every time it updates it changes everything.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Every time it updates it changes everything.: Whenever it updates twice now it takes me out of chrome and all my bookmarks are lost. Takes all my pictures, clears out shortcuts I had on the desktop etc. Only it's really not gone, I found it in WindowsC>Users . It's in the folder with my name but there are other folders....
  6. Bluetooth is Off Every Time I Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is Off Every Time I Restart: I have a Dell XPS13 9350. I recently had to wipe the computer. When I restored it, Bluetooth is off every time I restart the computer. To resolve I have to run the Bluetooth troubleshooter. The troubleshooter reinstalls the device and it fixes it. I would like to find a...
  7. Bluetooth On/Off switch not present, I run into this problem every other restart of my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth On/Off switch not present, I run into this problem every other restart of my...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MoudYoussef [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ehkywy/bluetooth_onoff_switch_not_present_i_run_into/
  8. Everything is wiped off of my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Everything is wiped off of my laptop: A bad update happened according to the person who looked at my laptop. Nothing works there is a single icon and if you click on it, it is described as not their. It will not connect to internet as it says nothing is nearby (there is). I can not search and windows taskbar...
  9. How to delete everything on my laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to delete everything on my laptop?: I'm trying to wipe my hard drive in order for my computer to be fast again. Since there was some malware exposed to my computer, and resetting it didn't work, this is my only option. Is there special buttons I need to press, so it can be the laptop that I knew and loved when...
  10. Everything Freezes every couple of minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Everything Freezes every couple of minutes: So I recently upgraded to Windows 10, but this issue has carried over from Windows 7, though it's seemingly worse now. Every couple of minutes, it lags out for about 1-2 minutes. First the page freezes and I'm able to move the mouse for a short while longer, then the mouse...