Windows 10: my laptop died while updating

Discus and support my laptop died while updating in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; my laptop died whilst updating, i’ve turned it on and it’s been stuck on the screen saying “undoing changes made to your computer” any advice? will my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shadyxmcr, Nov 16, 2020.

1. my laptop died while updating

my laptop died whilst updating, i’ve turned it on and it’s been stuck on the screen saying “undoing changes made to your computer” any advice? will my computer and data be okay?

submitted by /u/shadyxmcr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shadyxmcr, Nov 16, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Laptop adapter died

Typically the power circuitry in the laptop will have voltage regulators that will step down the voltage anyway to the required internal voltage. Most can take some slop

Beertintedgoggles, Nov 16, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

my laptop died while updating

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond my laptop died while updating :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

my laptop died while updating

1. my laptop died while updating - Similar Threads - laptop died while

2. Battery dies while laptop is shutdown Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery dies while laptop is shutdown Windows 11: I have an ASUS TUF Gaming A15 laptop that came preinstalled with windows 11. Windows is entirely up to date. I've noticed ever since I bought the laptop; my laptop tends to be dead every time I try to use it. Before, I looked at battery usage, and nothing ever showed up with...
  3. Battery dies while laptop is shutdown Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery dies while laptop is shutdown Windows 11: I have an ASUS TUF Gaming A15 laptop that came preinstalled with windows 11. Windows is entirely up to date. I've noticed ever since I bought the laptop; my laptop tends to be dead every time I try to use it. Before, I looked at battery usage, and nothing ever showed up with...
  4. Hdd not detected laptop die while running chkdisk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hdd not detected laptop die while running chkdisk: ok. so I did a chkdisk and a few hours the power went out and 20 minutes later I turned on the laptop again and it won't boot and the BIOS and external hdd can't read it...
  5. Hdd not detected laptop die while running chkdisk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hdd not detected laptop die while running chkdisk: ok. so I did a chkdisk and a few hours the power went out and 20 minutes later I turned on the laptop again and it won't boot and the BIOS and external hdd can't read it...
  6. Laptop still died while plugged in.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop still died while plugged in.: So basically it was a normal day on my laptop yesterday untill suddenly today, It didn't go well. I turned it on and it worked but when i plugged the charge it doesn't work! My battery almost ran out! I had to do what i had to do when suddenly my PC had died due to no more...
  7. Laptop dies after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop dies after update: My laptop had been updated as of april and it died during update and now the display won't turn on as well as the keyboard touchpad and ports. It is charging and now showing any sign of booting into windows but it does turn on Pls help me!...
  8. Laptop died during an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop died during an update: Today, a really bad storm hit my house, and knocked out the power. Anyway, my laptop was updating when this happened, and it died while we were without power. I turned my computer on once we had power back, and it says "undoing changes made to your computer". I just want to...
  9. MY COMPUTER DIED WHILE ON UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MY COMPUTER DIED WHILE ON UPDATE: helppp, my dad would get mad huhuhu I leave my laptop updating and didn't realized it was unplugged. When i tried to open my laptop this morning, is not responding, i mean my hp laptop wasn't turning on. sorry for my grammar. but the plugged in the side has light. so it was...
  10. My laptop died at 62%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop died at 62%: My laptop just died at 62%. I was working on school work and my screen went black, the fan shut off, and the power light was blinking. It would not restart until I plugged it in. Is there anything I can do to fix it?...