Windows 10: My laptop disconnects from the WiFi every few hours and is not able to detect any available...

Discus and support My laptop disconnects from the WiFi every few hours and is not able to detect any available... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been facing this problem for a few months now. I've updated to the latest driver. All of my other devices are still connected to the WiFi while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/flappybirddd, Jan 21, 2021.

1. My laptop disconnects from the WiFi every few hours and is not able to detect any available...

I've been facing this problem for a few months now.

1. I've updated to the latest driver.
    2. All of my other devices are still connected to the WiFi while the laptop isn't.
    3. The power settings for wireless network are all set to maximum performance

Any other advice that I can use?

submitted by /u/flappybirddd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/flappybirddd, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

3. Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals

My laptop is randomly disconnecting from my new router. Sometimes it's every few minutes, sometimes it can be an hour or two in between disconnections. This only seems to effect wireless devices and I notice it most often on my laptop. The router is a Fritz!Box 7490 and is connected to 2degrees Internet. The message in the WLAN event log is :

[table][tr][td]Wireless LAN device deregistered itself (5 GHz). MAC address: 64:BC:0C:6A:79:62[/td] [/tr] [/table]

The weird thing is that if I disconnect from wifi and reconnect it re-establishes the connection near instantly. Sometimes it just shows as connected to wifi but not to the internet.

I have tried factory resetting the router (As suggested by 2degrees Internet) and I've tried setting my laptop DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have also tried to change the wifi channels in case of interference.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome and I'm happy to provide extra info on request. Thank you for your attention.

Matthewryaio, Jan 21, 2021
  4. My laptop disconnects from the WiFi every few hours and is not able to detect any available...

WIFI disconnecting

My Wifi is on, but my laptop keeps disconnecting from my wifi. also, when my laptop goes to sleep and then wakeup the wifi does not even show the list of available networks. So after switching on the airplane mode and then turning it back off, the wifi
    networks are listed but either it does not connect to my network or if it does, it gets disconnected as soon as I open any tab .
    I have tried troubleshooting, reinstalling wifi drivers, but nothing seems to fix it.
    This started after windows updated a few weeks back.
    please help

RajatBhatnagar, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

My laptop disconnects from the WiFi every few hours and is not able to detect any available...

1. My laptop disconnects from the WiFi every few hours and is not able to detect any available... - Similar Threads - laptop disconnects WiFi

2. Windows 11 connects then disconnects from wifi every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 connects then disconnects from wifi every few seconds.: On a new HP laptop with windows 11 installed, it will connect to wifi for 5 seconds before disconnecting. It will then reconnect on its own. No other devices on this wifi network have this problem. I updated the drivers, ran the troubleshooting program, adjusted the power...
  3. Windows 11 connects then disconnects from wifi every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 connects then disconnects from wifi every few seconds.: On a new HP laptop with windows 11 installed, it will connect to wifi for 5 seconds before disconnecting. It will then reconnect on its own. No other devices on this wifi network have this problem. I updated the drivers, ran the troubleshooting program, adjusted the power...
  4. every 1 hour after wifi disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every 1 hour after wifi disconnected: every 1 hour after wifi disconnected and 4-5 sec automatically connected but after some websites are not working like microsoft community, stack overflow....i'm using wifi with mobile and when change the wifi password and connect again then work all websites............THIS...
  5. every 1 hour after wifi disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    every 1 hour after wifi disconnected: every 1 hour after wifi disconnected and 4-5 sec automatically connected but after some websites are not working like microsoft community, stack overflow....i'm using wifi with mobile and when change the wifi password and connect again then work all websites............THIS...
  6. every 1 hour after wifi disconnected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Getting Default Gateway Not Available error every few hours

Getting Default Gateway Not Available error every few hours: Hi, I have been getting this "Default Gateway Not Available" error ever since I got a new router. The interesting thing is that this only happens to my main laptop, and none of my other devices such as my phone and old laptop. It also never happen when I play online...
  8. Small disconnects from network every few hours on Windows 10.

Small disconnects from network every few hours on Windows 10.: Every few hours I will get a small nosedive in network activity that disconnects me from whatever I am doing. I have only noticed it in games and streaming content so far but I have no reason to believe its not happening in the background even when I'm not doing those things....
  9. BSODs Every Few Hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  10. BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...