Windows 10: My Laptop disconnects from wifi network

Discus and support My Laptop disconnects from wifi network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For a while my pc would disconnect from wifi network on its own itstarted out that way now it would disconnect and when i try to reconnect to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Omar Yatim, Jan 18, 2020.

1. My Laptop disconnects from wifi network

For a while my pc would disconnect from wifi network on its own itstarted out that way now it would disconnect and when i try to reconnect to my network it wouldn't reconnect and when i deactivate wifi altogether and reactivate it no wifi network would be detected sometimes it would work again if i restart my pc sometimes i have to uninstall my network adapter and restart my pc i tried updating my drivers but it didn't change anything.

:)

Omar Yatim, Jan 18, 2020

2. Wifi continuously disconnects

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
    • Troubleshooting
      My Laptop disconnects from wifi network [​IMG]
      But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.
    • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi card
    • disabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about here
    • Everything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

JuanPotato, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Matthewryaio, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

My Laptop disconnects from wifi network

WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range

Gunnart,

I had a similar refusal to disconnect from a WiFi profile and I solved it.
    - In my particular case, the unwanted network was still in range so I cannot say for certain that my symptoms were exactly the same as yours but they were certainly consistent with yours.
    - The solution is not a destructive one so I do suggest you try it.

1 I turned WiFi off then repeated the fairly standard step of removing existing WiFi profiles - Settings, Networks, WiFi, Manage known networks, <select each one in turn>, Forget. Arguably, I could have just done this for the problem network but I was probably not thinking straight at the time.

2 I then opened RegEdit, went to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
    and deleted every subkey that referred to a WiFi network profile. Again, arguably, I could just have deleted all those that referred to the problem network.

3 I then turned WiFi back on and started from scratch detecting then connecting to the networks I wanted to use. There has been no repetition of the problem.

Some further commentary
    A I had changed my internet connection device but had re-used the same network name on the new one.
    B There were no strange entries in the list in Settings [step 1 above] & I quite wrongly thought that forgetting them represented a complete clearout.
    C When I looked the Registry key [my step 2 above], I found that there were two subkeys with the relevant network name in the Description line.
    - In one case, the same network name was repeated in the ProfileName line
    - But the other entry contained a Profilename entry that had the expected network name with a suffix [2] after it.
    - So my re-use of the name had been identified by Windows after all [I had just been trying to reduce the number of changes I had to work through when I swapped devices and had not thought there could be side-effects].

Best of luck,
    Denis

Thema:

My Laptop disconnects from wifi network

1. My Laptop disconnects from wifi network - Similar Threads - Laptop disconnects wifi

2. My computer keeps disconnecting from the wifi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps disconnecting from the wifi network: In my household we have two wifi networks, a 2.4G one and a 5.8 one. Each time I turn my computer on it'll connect to either one, but after a short while running it just disconnects. If you open the wifi pannel to try and reconnect it'll say the network's not safe and it has...
  3. My computer keeps disconnecting from the wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps disconnecting from the wifi network: In my household we have two wifi networks, a 2.4G one and a 5.8 one. Each time I turn my computer on it'll connect to either one, but after a short while running it just disconnects. If you open the wifi pannel to try and reconnect it'll say the network's not safe and it has...
  4. My laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi: My laptop windows 11 keeps randomly disconnecting from WiFi and then I have to manually reconnect to it once again by turning it off and on in my laptop. Not sure how to solve this issue. I thought it could be a computer virus so I scanned my laptop with two different...
  5. My laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi: My laptop windows 11 keeps randomly disconnecting from WiFi and then I have to manually reconnect to it once again by turning it off and on in my laptop. Not sure how to solve this issue. I thought it could be a computer virus so I scanned my laptop with two different...
  6. Laptop randomly disconnects from wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop randomly disconnects from wifi: I have searched the internet thick and thin to find a solution, without luck.After i moved to a new house, almost 1 year ago, my laptop would randomly disconnects from the 5G wifi. Connecting to the 2.4G wifi would solve this issue, but its painfully slow, that i would rather...
  7. Wifi disconnecting from laptop

Wifi disconnecting from laptop: My laptop keeps disconnecting from my wifi since it was updated to Windows 10, I never had this issue before and I have changed my wifi router but it is still the same?...
  8. Wifi network disconnects

Wifi network disconnects: My wifi network disconnecting after 10min in my hp laptop windows10 says no internet acesses but my tv and phone both connecting to that wifi without any isssue i tried every solution on internet but not working please help...
  9. wifi keeps disconnecting from the wifi network

wifi keeps disconnecting from the wifi network: My laptop on wifi network keeps disconnecting frequently. I am not able to understand what is the problem. While my mobile phone is always connected on the same Wifi network. [img] [img] [img] Here are a couple of screenshots how I have to restore the connectivity...
  10. wifi keeps disconnecting from the wifi network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi keeps disconnecting from the wifi network: My laptop on wifi network keeps disconnecting frequently. I am not able to understand what is the problem. While my mobile phone is always connected on the same Wifi network. [img] [img] [img] Here are a couple of screenshots how I have to restore the connectivity...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop disconnect on wifi acess point