Windows 10: My laptop disk usage is 100% every time I reboot my laptop!

Discus and support My laptop disk usage is 100% every time I reboot my laptop! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Windows 10 Forums, I am still a newbie here and right now I am suffering a difficulty in fixing highly disk usage (almost 100%) every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZenR, Dec 26, 2015.

1. ZenR Win User

My laptop disk usage is 100% every time I reboot my laptop!

Hello Windows 10 Forums,
    I am still a newbie here and right now
    I am suffering a difficulty in fixing highly disk usage (almost 100%) every time I restart my laptop!
    I am using Windows 10.

Every reboot made my laptop seems slow to start-up.
    However, shutdown the laptop and start it back was okay though. The disk usage will stay at 3%-11% during start-up.
    Furthermore, when I am using Microsoft Visual Studio or any heavy intensive disk usage programs, my laptop will lag
    I have checked the task manager and it shows 100% disk usage but my CPU was still remain at 14-18%.

Please help me!
    Sorry for my bad grammar.
    Thank you

:)

2. 100% disk usage on boot up for at least 5 to 10 minutes

My laptop is showing 100% disk usage every time I boot it up. When I look at task manager I can see that it is "system" causing the 100% usage. I've checked out the folllowing link but it is not appropriate for my system as I don't have StoreAHCI.sys

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...00-disk-utilization-on-windows-10-devices-wit

I've run the performance analyser and the results can be found here.

COLINSDELL.07-23-2017.09-35-31.etl

Does anyone have any suggestions for me as to how to fix the 100% disk usage?

Thanks.

Colin Smith 18, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Computer slow performance inWindows 10 and 100% disk usage.

Original title : 100% disk usage on brand new laptop.

I recentley bought a new toshiba laptop with windows 7 pro.

Today I upgraded it to windows 10 and my pc is very slow now.. 100 % disk usage whole the time.;

I already turned off windows search , prefetch , Skype , chrome ... Etc etc

HELP ME !

AngeloCanu, Dec 26, 2015
Thema:

My laptop disk usage is 100% every time I reboot my laptop!

1. My laptop disk usage is 100% every time I reboot my laptop! - Similar Threads - laptop disk usage

2. My disk is at 100% in my laptop, what should I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My disk is at 100% in my laptop, what should I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CrazyVenezuelan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixwdje/my_disk_is_at_100_in_my_laptop_what_should_i_do/
  3. At times, laptop uses 100% Disk and at other times 100% CPU.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    At times, laptop uses 100% Disk and at other times 100% CPU.: Hello. Am running Windows 10 on a laptop. Noticed how slowly it was running, at times. Task Manager indicated that laptop was using at times 100% Disk and at other times 100% CPU. Am wondering if a virus, malware, or someone has taken over my machine. Not knowing that much...
  4. 100% disk usage and laptop heating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% disk usage and laptop heating: Hi Few days before i did a full antivirus scan with my McAfee antivirus software after some time i touched my laptop it was heating ver badly this did not happen before and my disk usage was 100 % Then i reserted my laptop my laptop drive started heating and and i could...
  5. Disk usage is 100% most of the time!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk usage is 100% most of the time!: I have been facing this '100% disk usage' (in task manager) for the last couple of days. I looked online and tried some solutions including stopping the windows search, superfetch, etc., nothing helped. So I did a reset (keeping files, removing the apps) but the problem...
  6. 100% disk usage on dell inspirion laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage on dell inspirion laptop: Hi I have inspirion 5459 dell laptop. i see on task manager almost permanently 100% disk usage which makes my laptop very very slow. tried many things including disable search and fetch but nothing helped.....
  7. New Laptop 100% disk usage

New Laptop 100% disk usage: Good Day, Maybe this has been answered but if someone can redirect me to the solution - I would like to know why my new laptop is always at 100% disk usage. It is possible that its a 3rd party anti virus? I don't want to disable any services as windows 10 is an expensive...
  8. Laptop 100% disk usage (Unable to fix)

Laptop 100% disk usage (Unable to fix): For months I have been dealing with the dreaded 100% disk usage. My specs are Intel Core i7 gen processor and 12 gigs of RAM on a year old ASUS laptop. I know that people have posted solutions to this problem before, but I've tried nearly all of them. Disabling Superfetch,...
  9. Hard Disk Usage 100% in New Laptops

Hard Disk Usage 100% in New Laptops: I bought some laptops recently with configuration of i5 8th Gen/8GB RAM and AMD Rayden 5 graphic card 2GB. Just after the first boot all showed me 100% disk usage with Windows 10. The methods I tried to resolve issue: 1. Disabled Superfetch 2. Disabled Windows Search 3....
  10. 100% disk usage on new laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% disk usage on new laptop: Hi, So I bought this laptop the other day strictly for on the road work in excel/word and the like browsing and email. Nothing super intensive. It's not a great a great laptop by any stretch but it will meet my needs an it was cheap, only paid $115 for it brand new....