Windows 10: My laptop disk usage is 100% every time I reboot my laptop!

Discus and support My laptop disk usage is 100% every time I reboot my laptop! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Windows 10 Forums, I am still a newbie here and right now I am suffering a difficulty in fixing highly disk usage (almost 100%) every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZenR, Dec 26, 2015.

1. ZenR Win User

My laptop disk usage is 100% every time I reboot my laptop!

Hello Windows 10 Forums,
    I am still a newbie here and right now
    I am suffering a difficulty in fixing highly disk usage (almost 100%) every time I restart my laptop!
    I am using Windows 10.

Every reboot made my laptop seems slow to start-up.
    However, shutdown the laptop and start it back was okay though. The disk usage will stay at 3%-11% during start-up.
    Furthermore, when I am using Microsoft Visual Studio or any heavy intensive disk usage programs, my laptop will lag
    I have checked the task manager and it shows 100% disk usage but my CPU was still remain at 14-18%.

Please help me!
    Sorry for my bad grammar.
    Thank you

:)

2. 100% disk usage on boot up for at least 5 to 10 minutes

My laptop is showing 100% disk usage every time I boot it up. When I look at task manager I can see that it is "system" causing the 100% usage. I've checked out the folllowing link but it is not appropriate for my system as I don't have StoreAHCI.sys

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...00-disk-utilization-on-windows-10-devices-wit

I've run the performance analyser and the results can be found here.

COLINSDELL.07-23-2017.09-35-31.etl

Does anyone have any suggestions for me as to how to fix the 100% disk usage?

Thanks.

Colin Smith 18, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Computer slow performance inWindows 10 and 100% disk usage.

Original title : 100% disk usage on brand new laptop.

I recentley bought a new toshiba laptop with windows 7 pro.

Today I upgraded it to windows 10 and my pc is very slow now.. 100 % disk usage whole the time.;

I already turned off windows search , prefetch , Skype , chrome ... Etc etc

HELP ME !

AngeloCanu, Dec 26, 2015
Thema:

My laptop disk usage is 100% every time I reboot my laptop!

1. My laptop disk usage is 100% every time I reboot my laptop! - Similar Threads - laptop disk usage

2. Random BSOD code every time i reboot my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD code every time i reboot my laptop: Hi,I would like to share my problem regarding on my laptopI get random BSOD every time I reboot my laptopI cannot pinpoint the exact problem. I've tried many testing but nothing comes upI already done clean install of Windows OS I tried to install windows 11 and windows 10...
  3. Random BSOD code every time i reboot my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD code every time i reboot my laptop: Hi,I would like to share my problem regarding on my laptopI get random BSOD every time I reboot my laptopI cannot pinpoint the exact problem. I've tried many testing but nothing comes upI already done clean install of Windows OS I tried to install windows 11 and windows 10...
  4. 100% disk usage of my laptop even at idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage of my laptop even at idle.: For starters, I'm using an Asus K550J with Windows 10 pro. The issue is that the disk is consistently at 100% even at idle or if I'm using my PC for work stuff not gaming or streaming videos. I've tried following steps in YouTube such as disabling sysmain, chckdsk in cmd,...
  5. 100% disk usage of my laptop even at idle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk usage of my laptop even at idle.: For starters, I'm using an Asus K550J with Windows 10 pro. The issue is that the disk is consistently at 100% even at idle or if I'm using my PC for work stuff not gaming or streaming videos. I've tried following steps in YouTube such as disabling sysmain, chckdsk in cmd,...
  6. 100% disk usage of my laptop even at idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop at 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop at 100% disk usage: I have a dell laptop that is about 5 years old that I have been using off and on for gaming on the go. Recently however the laptop will become slow as a slug and I am seeing 100% disk usage even when the computer sits idol and nothing is running. I am running windows version...
  8. 100% disk usage and laptop heating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% disk usage and laptop heating: Hi Few days before i did a full antivirus scan with my McAfee antivirus software after some time i touched my laptop it was heating ver badly this did not happen before and my disk usage was 100 % Then i reserted my laptop my laptop drive started heating and and i could...
  9. New Laptop 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Laptop 100% disk usage: Good Day, Maybe this has been answered but if someone can redirect me to the solution - I would like to know why my new laptop is always at 100% disk usage. It is possible that its a 3rd party anti virus? I don't want to disable any services as windows 10 is an expensive...
  10. 100% disk usage on new laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% disk usage on new laptop: Hi, So I bought this laptop the other day strictly for on the road work in excel/word and the like browsing and email. Nothing super intensive. It's not a great a great laptop by any stretch but it will meet my needs an it was cheap, only paid $115 for it brand new....