Windows 10: My laptop display (fonts) became smaller and hard to read after windows update

Discus and support My laptop display (fonts) became smaller and hard to read after windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am so annoyed by the fact that after an update, my laptop display (fonts) became small and hard to read. I have tried to restore my laptop and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArumOctaviani, Sep 10, 2019.

1. My laptop display (fonts) became smaller and hard to read after windows update

Hello, I am so annoyed by the fact that after an update, my laptop display (fonts) became small and hard to read. I have tried to restore my laptop and stuff and they didn't work. I called windows support and the person hang up the phone.
    It's windows 10 btw.

I'd like to hear your advice what I should do.

:)

ArumOctaviani, Sep 10, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Sep 10, 2019
  3. jeffv1 Win User
    Some apps font size changed, hard to read

Windows 10 changed font size of some apps and are very hard to read. I tried to change display settings and other compatibility settings but still the font is too small.

Is there any fix for this issue?

Jeff

jeffv1, Sep 10, 2019
  4. My laptop display (fonts) became smaller and hard to read after windows update

Most eye-friendly 27-30" monitor for a lot of text reading under $500/€400/£325

You list no budget, you don't mention what size displays you're used to, you give no desired resolution, and you don't even mention what country you're in.

On size, even 27" could present some problems if you're used to a smaller display, esp the new 1440p ones. At native res a 27" display (esp with 1440p res) will have much smaller fonts than a smaller display. Using a less than native res will make the fonts larger at the expense of some image quality. Setting fonts to a larger size in Windows can also cause some degradation of clarity.

You're also wrongly assuming all IPS panels produce poor text. Some are quite good at it, like the Dell Ultrasharps. I'm not going to waste time making any suggestions until you clarify the above things left out though, esp budget and country.

Frag Maniac, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

My laptop display (fonts) became smaller and hard to read after windows update

1. My laptop display (fonts) became smaller and hard to read after windows update - Similar Threads - laptop display fonts

2. Fonts and icons became pixelized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fonts and icons became pixelized: Hello,font and icons suddenly became pixelized, looks like a ladder on the edges of each letter. I assume it was due to the Windows update because I've tried everything else. It is possible to fix it, without reinstalling older versions of Windows or is it possible to...
  3. Fonts and icons became pixelized

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts and icons became pixelized: Hello,font and icons suddenly became pixelized, looks like a ladder on the edges of each letter. I assume it was due to the Windows update because I've tried everything else. It is possible to fix it, without reinstalling older versions of Windows or is it possible to...
  4. Make everything smaller on 1366x768 laptop display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make everything smaller on 1366x768 laptop display?: I have an HP EliteBook 8470p with a really low res display. I just bought it as a secondary beat-around laptop for stuff I don't want to use my MacBook for (outside mostly as a music streaming laptop). Problem: Everything is so damn huge on the crappy screen, there is barely...
  5. Windows 10 font looks strange and hard to read

Windows 10 font looks strange and hard to read: Hello, I have a problem with my font in my apps. It is normal in the settings, but if I open a browser or discord it looks terrible. I tried the setup "which font looks better" I forgot the name but nothing. Please help, this looks terrible and feels strange. Here are some...
  6. display became smaller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display became smaller: when i updated windows 10 a few days ago and after it restarted the display became smaller and the icons were smaller too. when i launch a game cs:go it has an "engine error". what should i do?...
  7. need to change fonts to bold fonts. hard to read words, like this

need to change fonts to bold fonts. hard to read words, like this: need to change fonts to bold fonts. hard to read words, like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-fonts-to-bold-fonts-hard-to-read/7aa4b780-85e8-426a-95f9-c14b02420ff5
  8. Display of my laptop (fonts) getting smaller after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display of my laptop (fonts) getting smaller after an update: Hello, I am so annoyed by the fact that after an update, my laptop display (fonts) became small and hard to read. I have tried to restore my laptop and stuff and they didn't work. I called windows support and the person hang up the phone. I'd like to hear your advice what I...
  9. Internal Hard Drives Became Read Only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal Hard Drives Became Read Only: I recently discovered that all files and folders have become read only on both my internal drives and i don't know why. Furthermore any attempt to change them back has no effect. I have tried changing the user permissions and ensuring i have admin privileges but none of this...
  10. My font suddenly gets larger and smaller

My font suddenly gets larger and smaller: I use Windows 10. Have an MSI computer. When I first got it, the font would suddenly get larger and smaller and I would have done nothing to have this happen. I searched for answers and found one that said to go to settings for Mouse & Touchpad, Device and turn off "pinch...