Windows 10: My laptop displayed the word "locking" then the screen turned black and now I can't start...

Discus and support My laptop displayed the word "locking" then the screen turned black and now I can't start... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I was on my laptop for a couple of minutes and had just launched up a game and I pressed play then all of sudden my screen just came up with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SerenityBryant, Apr 24, 2020.

1. My laptop displayed the word "locking" then the screen turned black and now I can't start...

So I was on my laptop for a couple of minutes and had just launched up a game and I pressed play then all of sudden my screen just came up with the word "locking" and the screen went black, I saw that the power was still on so I was hoping that by holding down the power button it would fix whatever was happening. I held it till the power went off then I tried to start up the laptop again but it wont work. I held the power button down for 10 seconds, at least 5 times to try and activate safe mode but nothing is happening at all. Can someone please help?

:)

SerenityBryant, Apr 24, 2020
  2. joeyroks Win User

Black screen after starting laptop (window 10)

You need to turn fast boot off in your control panel, I had the same issue but you need to boot your pc then when the black screen comes up you need to put your pc in sleep mode and then turn it on again, then you got the login screen.. I posted pictures to disable fast boot *Wink

My laptop displayed the word "locking" then the screen turned black and now I can't start... [​IMG]

My laptop displayed the word "locking" then the screen turned black and now I can't start... [​IMG]

joeyroks, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Apr 24, 2020
  4. My laptop displayed the word "locking" then the screen turned black and now I can't start...

Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

My laptop displayed the word "locking" then the screen turned black and now I can't start...

1. My laptop displayed the word "locking" then the screen turned black and now I can't start... - Similar Threads - laptop displayed word

2. My laptop shows starting screen but later turn into black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop shows starting screen but later turn into black screen with cursor: When I opened my laptop , my wallpaper starting screen which comes before entering password got removed automatically and shows "Windows sign in" in wallpaper In screen before password and when I scrolled it screen before password my screen turned black with cursor instead of...
  3. My laptop shows starting screen but later turn into black screen with cursol

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop shows starting screen but later turn into black screen with cursol: When I opened my laptop , my wallpaper starting screen which comes before entering password got removed automatically and shows "Please sign in" in wallpaper In screen before password and when I scrolled it screen before password my screen turned black with cursor instead of...
  4. PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen: I have been having been a problem with my desktop recently and what happens is, I usually be playing a game then randomly the display cuts off. But my computer will still be on. When I turn it off and back on the display still doesn’t work. But when I restart it, it usually...
  5. PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen: I have been having been a problem with my desktop recently and what happens is, I usually be playing a game then randomly the display cuts off. But my computer will still be on. When I turn it off and back on the display still doesn’t work. But when I restart it, it usually...
  6. PC has display then turns black on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen when i turn on my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen when i turn on my laptop: I turned off my computer during a windows update so the day after when i turned on my laptop it was rebooting every 30s saying they are deleting update changes so I kept turning it on and off again and again until the screen became black everytime I turn it on, help please...
  8. My laptop screen turn black

My laptop screen turn black: I work on my laptop, go elsewhere, let it sit for a while and then the screen turns black, I touch my touchpad and press characters on the keyboard hoping the screen will turn on but it didn't. I know my laptop is still on because the start button is still flashing. I the...
  9. Laptop randomly displays "Locking..." and screen goes black.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop randomly displays "Locking..." and screen goes black.: Happens often, every 30 minutes or so while gaming. All the power settings are set to never, and system integrity check didn't show anything. Virus scan didnt show anything either....
  10. The screen says 'Lock', it turns off and will not start now

The screen says 'Lock', it turns off and will not start now: I am using an ASUS laptop and it was recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 two days ago. I was using the computer when a message appeared saying that, for security reasons, it was going to close. Now I can't even boot it. Can you please advise me?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i press the button to start using my laptop and the screen is black