Windows 10: My laptop does not recognize the microphone of my headsets

Discus and support My laptop does not recognize the microphone of my headsets in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a sony vaio, I've done everything and I can't get my laptop to recognize the microphone on my headsets.Pleae help submitted by /u/Metropol0914... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Metropol0914, Jan 28, 2021.

1. My laptop does not recognize the microphone of my headsets

I have a sony vaio, I've done everything and I can't get my laptop to recognize the microphone on my headsets.Pleae help

submitted by /u/Metropol0914
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Metropol0914, Jan 28, 2021

2. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

My laptop does not recognize the microphone of my headsets [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

The headset seems to have a TRRS plug. However, i did not think that would be a problem. I use the Alienware 17 laptop (planning to build a pc later this year), and it has 3 audio ports. They each have a diagram next to them. The diagrams (in order) are: A microphone, headphones, a headset (with the mic coming off of it). Because of the headset image, i would assume that it would be a TRRS port. That doesnt work though.

Aaeeschylus, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Dewclaw83 Win User

My laptop does not recognize the microphone of my headsets

Headset microphone not being recognized

I have used this headset with the laptop before, and I have used both the mic and the headphones with it. However, I just went to use it again after some time, and my laptop doesn't recognize the mic with it. The sound still goes through the headphones,
    and it registers it as such, but there is no option for the mic, the only available input listed is the laptop's built in mic.

Previously, there would be that "What Device Was Plugged In?" Popup, where you could select whether you had plugged in a headset or headphones. That no longer pops up, and I have failed to find a setting to reenable it, as was suggested when I was looking to
    solve this problem on other question on the subject.

How can I get my computer to register that there is a microphone associated?

Dewclaw83, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

My laptop does not recognize the microphone of my headsets

1. My laptop does not recognize the microphone of my headsets - Similar Threads - laptop does recognize

2. Windows 11 does not recognize my bluetooth headset microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not recognize my bluetooth headset microphone: My WH-XB910N headset is pairing correctly with my Windows 11 laptop, but it only recognizes it as headphones, no recording device shows up in the sound devicesexcept the laptop built-in microphone. I can see in the device properties that it has only one audio endpoint...
  3. Windows 11 does not recognize my bluetooth headset microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not recognize my bluetooth headset microphone: My WH-XB910N headset is pairing correctly with my Windows 11 laptop, but it only recognizes it as headphones, no recording device shows up in the sound devicesexcept the laptop built-in microphone. I can see in the device properties that it has only one audio endpoint...
  4. My laptop doesn't recognize the headsets microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesn't recognize the headsets microphone: I have bought my self a Havit H2232D and connected it to my laptop. I can hear the audio from the headset but the microphone doesn't work. I tested the headset on my phone and microphone worked perfectly, i tried installing Havit drivers they werent much help.the headset...
  5. My laptop doesn't recognize the headsets microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop doesn't recognize the headsets microphone: I have bought my self a Havit H2232D and connected it to my laptop. I can hear the audio from the headset but the microphone doesn't work. I tested the headset on my phone and microphone worked perfectly, i tried installing Havit drivers they werent much help.the headset...
  6. My laptop doesn't recognize the headsets microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My laptop does not recognize my headset mic

My laptop does not recognize my headset mic: I bought this new headset which has a 3.5mm audio cable with a TRRS, I hear everything but when i tried using the mic it doesnt work, I´ve already seen bunch of tutorials and changed the privacy sound settings, and my drivers are up to date but I cant get my laptop to...
  8. My laptop does not detect the microphone on my headset

My laptop does not detect the microphone on my headset: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop, a Dell Latitude 3510, for my university work. As everything is online, I bought a decent headset, the turtlebeach recon 200s, as I wanted to be comfortable and have high quality audio and good mic quality. My previous laptop had separate...
  9. Why does my laptop not recognize a headset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my laptop not recognize a headset?: When plugging in my headset, I can hear sound, but the microphone doesn't work. It only uses my laptop's internal microphone. In the 'playback' tab in settings I only have speakers, and in the 'recording' tab I have 'Microphone Array' and 'Stereo mix'. I have tried things...
  10. My Laptop does not recognise the headset microphone

My Laptop does not recognise the headset microphone: Like most people im running windows 10 and i was wondering 2 days ago why my laptop stopped recognising my headset as having a microphone but it still plays audio through it, the headset works fine on other devices and has done on this device for a long time, is there any way...