Windows 10: my laptop does not shutdown or hibernate after upgrade to windows 11, it sleeps only

Discus and support my laptop does not shutdown or hibernate after upgrade to windows 11, it sleeps only in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have upgraded my windows version from windows 10 to windows 11 and there after i installed the windows update. the details of my windws 11 as shown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rogath J. Urio, Dec 1, 2022.

1. my laptop does not shutdown or hibernate after upgrade to windows 11, it sleeps only

I have upgraded my windows version from windows 10 to windows 11 and there after i installed the windows update. the details of my windws 11 as shown belowmy laptop does not shutdown or hibernate after upgrade to windows 11, it sleeps only :processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB 31.8 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Edition Windows 11 Enterprise Version 22H2 Installed on ‎10/‎28/‎2022 OS build 22621.755 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0 However since i upgraded to windows 11 and installed the updates, i s

:)

Rogath J. Urio, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Louie Del Win User

Sleep,hibernate, and shutdown

Hi,

Usually, Sleep and Hibernate features are used to save power when using a computer. However, hibernate may not be available for all PCs as it was designed for laptops. Regarding your concern, since you’re trying to turn
    off or disable these features, you may follow the step below:

• To turn off Sleep:

Go to Settings > System > Power & sleep. Then, select
      Never from the drop-down list under the Sleep section.

my laptop does not shutdown or hibernate after upgrade to windows 11, it sleeps only 584c0e8c-80cf-4e84-a18c-23b41220f8da?upload=true.png

• To disable Hibernate:
    • Type Command Prompt in the Search box from
      Start
    • Right-click on it, then select Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press
      Enter. Close the window.

We’re just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?

I'm using AMD laptop. Which is best to use? Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep? I heard Macbook are recommended to use Sleep, Does it same to Windows laptop? Which three consume more and least power?

Carlo Sanchez., Dec 1, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

my laptop does not shutdown or hibernate after upgrade to windows 11, it sleeps only

Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?

Hi Carlo,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Hibernation is basically deprecated in Windows 11, it is still available, but not really used any more.

If you are only not using your PC for a small while, then it is okay to put your laptop to sleep

If you will not be using your laptop for a long time, or transporting it in a bag, then it is definitely best to use the shutdown option.

DaveM121, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

my laptop does not shutdown or hibernate after upgrade to windows 11, it sleeps only

1. my laptop does not shutdown or hibernate after upgrade to windows 11, it sleeps only - Similar Threads - laptop does shutdown

2. my laptop does not shutdown or hibernate after upgrade to windows 11, it sleeps only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop does not shutdown or hibernate after upgrade to windows 11, it sleeps only: I have upgraded my windows version from windows 10 to windows 11 and there after i installed the windows update. the details of my windws 11 as shown below:Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB 31.8 GB usable System type 64-bit...
  3. Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?: I'm using AMD laptop. Which is best to use? Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep? I heard Macbook are recommended to use Sleep, Does it same to Windows laptop? Which three consume more and least power?...
  4. Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?: I'm using AMD laptop. Which is best to use? Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep? I heard Macbook are recommended to use Sleep, Does it same to Windows laptop? Which three consume more and least power?...
  5. How to Shutdown, Restart, Sign, Sleep, Hibernate in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Shutdown, Restart, Sign, Sleep, Hibernate in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows 11 is a new iteration of Microsoft Windows. Even though it is not completely different from Windows 10, but there are some changes in the GUI that may confuse you a bit initially. In this guide, we are going to see how to Shutdown, Restart, Sign, Sleep,...
  6. My laptop can't shutdown/sleep/hibernate, only restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop can't shutdown/sleep/hibernate, only restarts: Hello! I've been having this problem where my laptop can't shutdown. If I press shutdown, it only restarts. If I press sleep, it restarts too, same with hibernate. For now I just force shutdown my laptop by pressing and holding the power button. Please help. My laptop's...
  7. Laptop Freeze After Sleep/Hibernate/Shutdown, Then Goes BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Freeze After Sleep/Hibernate/Shutdown, Then Goes BSOD: I don't know how to fix this, but can you help me please? (Sorry for bad english) after i sleep/hibernate/shutdown my laptop, it freezes and then goes BSOD The only way how to get rid of this is just Hard Shutdown (Long-pressing the power button) Stop Code is:...
  8. Unable to shutdown/sleep/hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to shutdown/sleep/hibernate: I have new HP Spectre x360 and from begining I am not able to shut it down or sleep or hibernate. It shut down and after 3-4 seconds boots backup again. I have already spent 3 days with solving it and i tried everything what i found on internet. I tried: - intel management...
  9. shutdown after hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    shutdown after hibernate: hi Is my pc going to hibernate and then when i want to work afterwarts no problem. The problem is when i press the on off button of my desktop nothing happend. I can only sutdown my pc by the startmenu schutdown Why ? 82547
  10. Dell Inspiron 3135 does not sleep/shutdown/hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Inspiron 3135 does not sleep/shutdown/hibernate: I'm running Windows 10 build 9926 on an Inspiron 3135 from 2013. I made a clean installation from the Microsoft ISO on a 120GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD. Prior to that it was running the original HDD with its 8.0 distribution upgraded to 8.1 via the Windows Store. I have the...