Windows 10: My laptop does not turn off

Discus and support My laptop does not turn off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After the May 2020 update I started having this problem again. I can still change the lights in my keyboard, but only to the default ones not dependant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VíctorCatalán, May 1, 2020.

1. My laptop does not turn off

After the May 2020 update I started having this problem again. I can still change the lights in my keyboard, but only to the default ones not dependant to the software that configures them.

Thanks in advance.

:)

VíctorCatalán, May 1, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 1, 2020
  3. Munki Win User
    laptop LCD not turning on..

Here is a tip is you cant fix it, make it noticeable that you broke it...step on it *Wink My laptop does not turn off ;) "Oh my gawd, did i step on your lil ol laptop, im terribly sorry" Then she has no choice but to buy a new one.

Munki, May 1, 2020
  4. Zeeba# Win User

My laptop does not turn off

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, May 1, 2020
Thema:

My laptop does not turn off

1. My laptop does not turn off - Similar Threads - laptop does turn

2. Why does my Laptop instantly turns off after trying to turn it on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Laptop instantly turns off after trying to turn it on?: Hello My name is ParhamI have a problem that when i try to turn on my laptop it instantly turns offMy laptop : Dell Latitude E5550 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-instantly-turns-off-after/2b88d3aa-95cd-48a8-a975-6aec2ec27bf5
  3. Why does my Laptop instantly turns off after trying to turn it on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Laptop instantly turns off after trying to turn it on?: Hello My name is ParhamI have a problem that when i try to turn on my laptop it instantly turns offMy laptop : Dell Latitude E5550 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-laptop-instantly-turns-off-after/2b88d3aa-95cd-48a8-a975-6aec2ec27bf5
  4. Why does my Laptop instantly turns off after trying to turn it on?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop not turning on. It does turn on but then switches off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not turning on. It does turn on but then switches off: Hey, my laptop, it's a Evolve 3 Model Maestro EBook11 and it is unusually not turning on. It turns on and shows the Evolve Logo and then it turns off. Then blinks on again and off. The battery is Li-ion rechargeable battery and it doesn't allow it to be dismantled. I'm not...
  6. Laptop not turning on. It does turn on but then switches off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not turning on. It does turn on but then switches off: Hey, my laptop, it's a Evolve 3 Model Maestro EBook11 and it is unusually not turning on. It turns on and shows the Evolve Logo and then it turns off. Then blinks on again and off. The battery is Li-ion rechargeable battery and it doesn't allow it to be dismantled. I'm not...
  7. Laptop not turning on. It does turn on but then switches off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Why does my laptop turn off if it is in sleep mode for a while?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my laptop turn off if it is in sleep mode for a while?: This is a really big problem. After a while in sleep mode, my laptop shuts down. How can I disable this? It’s really annoying. I has Windows 1909 update....
  9. Why does my laptop turn off if it is in sleep mode for a while?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my laptop turn off if it is in sleep mode for a while?: This is a really big problem. After a while in sleep mode, my laptop shuts down. How can I disable this? It’s really annoying. I has Windows 1909 update. submitted by /u/andr74b [link] [comments]...
  10. shut down does not turn off fan / laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shut down does not turn off fan / laptop: I have Samsung laptop intel core i3 with windows 7 pro installed a week ago shut down does not turn off my pc completely and it need to turn it off manually by pressing the power button continuously and could not find any solutions. recently I have upgraded windows to...