Windows 10: My laptop doesn't detect external monitor through docking station

Discus and support My laptop doesn't detect external monitor through docking station in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My acer aspire 7 doesn't detect any monitor when i plug the monitor into a docking station. This docking station is plugged into my laptop via usb-c.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aexil, Nov 11, 2020.

1. /u/Aexil Win User

My laptop doesn't detect external monitor through docking station

My acer aspire 7 doesn't detect any monitor when i plug the monitor into a docking station. This docking station is plugged into my laptop via usb-c. My mouse and keyboard that are connected through docking station are working though. What can be the problem of this? Note: I have a gtx 1050.

submitted by /u/Aexil
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aexil, Nov 11, 2020

2. Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors

I am trying to write a script to detect all docking stations and monitors attached to those docking station for Lenovo Thinkpad t540p laptops on a domain network. Most of the monitors are Asus. Any suggestions or is this even possible? Running powershell from DEV WIN 10

Trix Rahbit, Nov 11, 2020
  3. External monitors through both docking station and laptop ports

I recently got a new laptop through work - an HP EliteBook 840 G3. My current setup that I had been using at my desk was 3 external monitors plus my laptop screen. I had two monitors plugged in through the docking station via VGA and DisplayPort and the
    third monitor I plugged into the VGA port on the laptop itself. This worked with my old laptop but with this new one it doesn't detect a monitor plugged into the laptop port when it's docked. I have tried looking through video settings with no luck. Windows
    says my drivers are up to date and I've downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the docking station itself (it's the same docking station).

Would anyone have any advice for getting this setup working?

sublime8365, Nov 11, 2020
  4. My laptop doesn't detect external monitor through docking station

External display with laptop and docking station

I have a Lenovo T440p laptop and docking station with a Dell external monitor. When I am using my laptop in the docking station I use both screens and select "extend this display" in the display settings to activate the external monitor. Heres my problem.
    When I remove my laptop from the docking station it reverts to using one or the other displays when returned to the docking station, meaning it may be my laptop or it may be my external monitor. Windows seems to decide on its own which one I get to use so
    I have to go into display settings nearly every time and select extend these displays to use both monitors. Its becoming time consuming and annoying. Why wont it remember that I am using 2 displays. I am running windows 10. I have asked our IT guys to fix
    it but after weeks of asking and not getting any results from what they try a have given up hope. I had a different laptop, same brand and model that didnt display this behavior when returned to the docking station.

Ray Dillon, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

My laptop doesn't detect external monitor through docking station

1. My laptop doesn't detect external monitor through docking station - Similar Threads - laptop doesn't detect

2. Issues detecting external monitors with HP Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues detecting external monitors with HP Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop: Hi all,I have a HP monitor HP E24u G4 FHD USB-C and a HP laptop HP Elitebook 830 G8 that runs on Windows 11. Both my laptop and monitor work perfectly when connected to each other.I have just bought a HP USB-C/A Universal Dock G2. When I connect my HP monitor to my HP docking...
  3. Issues detecting external monitors with HP Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues detecting external monitors with HP Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop: Hi all,I have a HP monitor HP E24u G4 FHD USB-C and a HP laptop HP Elitebook 830 G8 that runs on Windows 11. Both my laptop and monitor work perfectly when connected to each other.I have just bought a HP USB-C/A Universal Dock G2. When I connect my HP monitor to my HP docking...
  4. Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.: Dell Precision 7540 docked to a WD19WDS with dual S2722DC monitors only works when I use integrated GPU, when I disable the integrated GPU and try to use my Nvidia Quadro TRX 3000 GPU, the PC only detects one monitor. I have updated drives and performed all the self check...
  5. Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.

Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.: Dell Precision 7540 docked to a WD19WDS with dual S2722DC monitors only works when I use integrated GPU, when I disable the integrated GPU and try to use my Nvidia Quadro TRX 3000 GPU, the PC only detects one monitor. I have updated drives and performed all the self check...
  6. Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Issues detecting external monitors with Dell Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues detecting external monitors with Dell Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop: Hi Team, I am having issue with windows 11 and dell docking station. I have updated the windows and install all the firmware recommended from dell support for the docking station, but still docking station is not detecting the external monitors and not charging the laptop. On...
  8. Issues detecting external monitors with Dell Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop

Issues detecting external monitors with Dell Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop: Hi Team, I am having issue with windows 11 and dell docking station. I have updated the windows and install all the firmware recommended from dell support for the docking station, but still docking station is not detecting the external monitors and not charging the laptop. On...
  9. Docking station not detecting monitor

Docking station not detecting monitor: I've recently bought a new docking station so that I can extend the display of my laptop. It has a usb c connector, which I've plugged into my laptop and for the most part, it works. The wireless mouse works and various other devices that are plugged into to it via usb work...
  10. Docking station not detecting monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking station not detecting monitor: I've recently bought a new docking station so that I can extend the display of my laptop. It has a usb c connector, which I've plugged into my laptop and for the most part, it works. The wireless mouse works and various other devices that are plugged into to it via usb work...