Windows 10: My Laptop doesn't differentiate between its own speakers and any other plugged in device...

Discus and support My Laptop doesn't differentiate between its own speakers and any other plugged in device... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My Laptop doesn't differentiate between its own speakers and any other plugged in device like headphones or speakers. When I plug in any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HannesPumba, Oct 21, 2020.

1. My Laptop doesn't differentiate between its own speakers and any other plugged in device...

Hello,

My Laptop doesn't differentiate between its own speakers and any other plugged in device like headphones or speakers.

When I plug in any other device to play audio I used to be able to switch the sound output over the volume mixer option.

This is not possible anymore for some reason. I have updated and also deleted and reinstalled the audio drivers but nothing changed.

Is there any way to make the computer distinguish again between devices or no so that you can decide what device gets used for Audio output or microphone input etc.

Thanks for your help!

:)

HannesPumba, Oct 21, 2020
  2. txstoby Win User

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Oct 21, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

My Laptop doesn't differentiate between its own speakers and any other plugged in device... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Tobbe Win User

My Laptop doesn't differentiate between its own speakers and any other plugged in device...

Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

My Laptop doesn't differentiate between its own speakers and any other plugged in device... ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

My Laptop doesn't differentiate between its own speakers and any other plugged in device... d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device My Laptop doesn't differentiate between its own speakers and any other plugged in device... :(

My Laptop doesn't differentiate between its own speakers and any other plugged in device... DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped My Laptop doesn't differentiate between its own speakers and any other plugged in device... :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

My Laptop doesn't differentiate between its own speakers and any other plugged in device...

1. My Laptop doesn't differentiate between its own speakers and any other plugged in device... - Similar Threads - Laptop doesn't differentiate

2. My laptop restarts on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop restarts on its own: When I launched Minecraft my laptop was buzzing for like 20 seconds and it automatically restarted, this happens whenever I launch high graphic game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-restarts-on-its-own/87e661c0-3a6e-4f3b-a1a4-5bf99a249c3f
  3. my laptop is working on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is working on its own: I have lenovo ideapad 100 with windows 10. From past few weeks it has started working on its own.It scrolls down itself. If I try to open some app it opens another one which is located below the app I want to use.Please help if someone is able guide me.Thank you...
  4. my laptop is working on its own

my laptop is working on its own: I have lenovo ideapad 100 with windows 10. From past few weeks it has started working on its own.It scrolls down itself. If I try to open some app it opens another one which is located below the app I want to use.Please help if someone is able guide me.Thank you...
  5. my laptop is working on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. my computer doesn't seem to recognize its own speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer doesn't seem to recognize its own speakers: last week I updated windows and since then the speakers on my computer haven't worked.I think the problem is that my computer doesn't recognize its speakers because they don't appear in any "output devices" list....
  7. my computer doesn't seem to recognize its own speakers

my computer doesn't seem to recognize its own speakers: last week I updated windows and since then the speakers on my computer haven't worked.I think the problem is that my computer doesn't recognize its speakers because they don't appear in any "output devices" list....
  8. when i plug my output audio device AFTER LAPTOP IS ON wether its speakers or headphones it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when i plug my output audio device AFTER LAPTOP IS ON wether its speakers or headphones it...: when i plug my output audio device AFTER LAPTOP IS ON wether its speakers or headphones it doesnt play thro it!!instead it plays thro the laptop speakers themselves!!!AND I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHINGFROM UNINSTALLING THE DRIVERS TO RLLY EVERYTHING I FOUND ONLINE MY PC IS UP TO...
  9. my laptop wont recognize its own speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop wont recognize its own speakers: ok so back in 2018 I was having trouble factory resetting my ASUS transformer laptop due to windows updates taking all the memory and that cause the laptop to not factory reset so I used the microsoft remote help and the person on the other end tried deleting system files and...
  10. My Laptop Resested on its Own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Resested on its Own: My work laptop started to slow down yesterday's afternoon and completed frozed. I tried restarting the laptop and it never did, so I went home. Today, I turn on of the laptop and my account is no longer there, but it still asks me for the password. Once I logged, it...