Windows 10: My laptop doesn't go to sleep mode while on battery, instead shuts down.

Discus and support My laptop doesn't go to sleep mode while on battery, instead shuts down. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop shuts down every time I put it to sleep while on battery. It was working perfectly until I installed a SSD! When my OS was on HDD, everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shubham2533, May 12, 2023.

1. My laptop doesn't go to sleep mode while on battery, instead shuts down.

My laptop shuts down every time I put it to sleep while on battery. It was working perfectly until I installed a SSD! When my OS was on HDD, everything was perfectly fine, no issues at all. But since I installed a SSD, the laptop doesn't go to sleep while on battery, it's okay when it's plugged in, it does go to sleep, but while on battery, it automatically shuts down as soon as I put it to sleep! I tried reinstalling Windows 10 several times, even reset my PC twice, the problem still persists. Please let me know if there's a way to fix this.

:)

shubham2533, May 12, 2023

2. Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Since two weeks my Dell laptop is shutting down every time when:

• Closing the laptop
    • Pressing the power button short
    • Manually via the Start Menu
    All these options are set to Sleep Mode and not Shut Down.

EgonMeijers, May 12, 2023
  3. Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping

Hello

My laptop keeps shutting down when I want it to sleep. Closing the lid, pressing the power button (both are set to make it go to sleep) and clicking on the sleep button from the start menu all make it shut down and I only notice that it has shut down when I fire it back up and see that everything is closed. I've tried this but it doesn't do anything and it resets the value back to 20.

Your suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Kirubiel

Windows 10 Version 22H2

OS Build 19045.2364

Kirubiel Shimeles, May 12, 2023
  4. El_Mayo Win User

My laptop doesn't go to sleep mode while on battery, instead shuts down.

Is it alright to ALWAYS use sleep mode instead of shutting down?

I have a vista laptop
    i find vista and it's superior sleep mode very convenient.. but is there a downside to using sleep mode all the time?

El_Mayo, May 12, 2023
Thema:

My laptop doesn't go to sleep mode while on battery, instead shuts down.

1. My laptop doesn't go to sleep mode while on battery, instead shuts down. - Similar Threads - laptop doesn't sleep

2. My laptop doesn't go to sleep mode while on battery, instead shuts down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesn't go to sleep mode while on battery, instead shuts down.: My laptop shuts down every time I put it to sleep while on battery. It was working perfectly until I installed a SSD! When my OS was on HDD, everything was perfectly fine, no issues at all. But since I installed a SSD, the laptop doesn't go to sleep while on battery, it's...
  3. My laptop doesn't go to sleep mode while on battery, instead shuts down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop doesn't go to sleep mode while on battery, instead shuts down.: My laptop shuts down every time I put it to sleep while on battery. It was working perfectly until I installed a SSD! When my OS was on HDD, everything was perfectly fine, no issues at all. But since I installed a SSD, the laptop doesn't go to sleep while on battery, it's...
  4. Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down instead of sleeping: HelloMy laptop keeps shutting down when I want it to sleep. Closing the lid, pressing the power button both are set to make it go to sleep and clicking on the sleep button from the start menu all make it shut down and I only notice that it has shut down when I fire it back up...
  5. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I posted this same question in July, but I never found a solution, and now the old thread is locked, so here it is again: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for...
  6. Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep: About 2 weeks my computer just started shutting down when putting it to sleep. I don't know why it started doing that and i've checked the power options, but that doesn't seem to be the issue submitted by /u/VanishingBlaze [link] [comments]...
  7. Is there any setting for a laptop to go into sleep mode instead of shutting down when...

Is there any setting for a laptop to go into sleep mode instead of shutting down when...: My laptop is kinda old so it sometimes overheats and shuts down so is there any option to just make it go into sleep mode? submitted by /u/Zaphl1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6grjx/is_there_any_setting_for_a_laptop_to_go_into/
  8. My computer doesn't shut down, hibernate, or go into sleep mode.

My computer doesn't shut down, hibernate, or go into sleep mode.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nathan00023 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl4y5r/my_computer_doesnt_shut_down_hibernate_or_go_into/
  9. My laptop shuts down instead of going to sleep

My laptop shuts down instead of going to sleep: When I put my laptop to sleep from power it shuts down. And the weird thing is i can turn it on if i click on space bar. Even if I close the lid it supposed to go to sleep (my power settings all put on sleep). Can anyone help me plz. Thanks. submitted by /u/00jamiil...
  10. My laptop keeps shutting down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop keeps shutting down instead of going to sleep: Hi, I have a question. Instead of going to sleep mode i.e. when I close the lid on my laptop, the screen goes off but the computer keeps running for several minutes and then shuts down. It does the same when I choose shutdown, instead of shutting down in 10 seconds or so as...