Windows 10: My laptop doesn't power off properly.

Discus and support My laptop doesn't power off properly. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I've had this laptop for just over a year now but my Lenovo Y520 doesn't go to sleep when I click start and click sleep. When I click sleep it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BrianMellett, Dec 25, 2018.

1. My laptop doesn't power off properly.

Hello,

I've had this laptop for just over a year now but my Lenovo Y520 doesn't go to sleep when I click start and click sleep. When I click sleep it does a normal routine of turning of the screen then going silent. If I press the power button about 5 seconds after my laptop goes to sleep it will boot up normally and all is fine, but if I leave it for 15 minutes the button won't work unless I hold it for 30 seconds then the computer will turn on, but it would turn on as if I pressed shut down instead of sleep. This has been happening for about a month or so and its been a pain to try and fix myself. I've wiped my computer twice and used different accounts. I have gone and made a new power plan. I have reset my power settings to default multiple times. I have done multiple troubleshoots, and none of these worked. My solution has been to never turn the laptop off and only have the display go off. This is the same for shut off option as well. Please Help!

Windows 10

Lenovo Y520

Intel core i7

Gtx 1050ti

2TB storage

8gb ram

:)

BrianMellett, Dec 25, 2018

2. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Dec 25, 2018
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Dec 25, 2018
  4. My laptop doesn't power off properly.

Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

Hi,

Thanks for your ideas. I tried exactly as you said but it made absolutely no difference.

I still can`t download, still doesn`t remember login details although it still asks me if I want the details remembered.

Do you or anybody else have any ideas to help. It`s too late now for me to go back to Win 8.1 so I`m stuck with an os that doesn`t work properly.

Thank you.

Graham Laughlan, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

My laptop doesn't power off properly.

1. My laptop doesn't power off properly. - Similar Threads - laptop doesn't power

2. Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.: My laptop stopped properly turning on a two weeks ago; when I try to turn it off, put it into sleep mode, or hybernate, the power button still glows and the computer fan continues to be on. When I try to turn it on afterwards, it does not do so, and I have to force reboot it....
  3. Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.: My laptop stopped properly turning on a two weeks ago; when I try to turn it off, put it into sleep mode, or hybernate, the power button still glows and the computer fan continues to be on. When I try to turn it on afterwards, it does not do so, and I have to force reboot it....
  4. Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sleep and Power Off Not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and Power Off Not Functioning Properly: Recently I noticed that my PC power and sleep functions seem to be operating improperly or not at all. I have my power button set to put my PC to sleep. This would stop my fans, turn off my PC lights for power reduction, and shut off the lights to all my peripherals. Now all...
  6. Sleep and Power Off Not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep and Power Off Not Functioning Properly: Recently I noticed that my PC power and sleep functions seem to be operating improperly or not at all. I have my power button set to put my PC to sleep. This would stop my fans, turn off my PC lights for power reduction, and shut off the lights to all my peripherals. Now all...
  7. Laptop powers off

Laptop powers off: Windows Version 20H2 Problem: Whenever I try to sign out of my user account, restart the computer or shut it down things that require an user sign out the laptop completely powers off without a blue screen crash or an error code. In the event logger the only things it...
  8. My Laptop Powers off on its own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop Powers off on its own.: My laptop appears to be powering off on it's own. I will try to load up something and it will run for a good 10-15 minutes then all of a sudden it will just shut off. Please help me fix this issue so I dont have to buy another one....
  9. Windows Not Properly Powering Off

Windows Not Properly Powering Off: Hello, When I click Start Shutdown, my computer turns off. However, when I open the Task Manager the next day, my computer says it has been open for 37 days. How do you shut down the computer so that it does not have so much time awake. I want to force it to shut down but...
  10. My laptop doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop doesn't shut down properly: Hello, so i have a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 (P57g001), i bought it back in April and in the last few weeks it started to freeze whenever i try to shut it down or put it to sleep or hibernate. It is clear that the OS (win 10) is closing all the programs but when it turns the...