Windows 10: My laptop doesn’t shut down

Discus and support My laptop doesn’t shut down in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop Doesn't shut down on windows 10. When i command shut down the keyboard light (specially wifi key light) stays on and sometimes the hdd runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/desperatedudee, Oct 29, 2019.

1. My laptop doesn’t shut down

My laptop Doesn't shut down on windows 10. When i command shut down the keyboard light (specially wifi key light) stays on and sometimes the hdd runs (i feel some smooth vibration)

But on windows 8.1/linux the laptop shuts down perfectly ‍♀

submitted by /u/desperatedudee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/desperatedudee, Oct 29, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

My laptop doesn’t shut down [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 29, 2019
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Oct 29, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

My laptop doesn’t shut down

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

My laptop doesn’t shut down [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

My laptop doesn’t shut down

1. My laptop doesn’t shut down - Similar Threads - laptop doesn’t shut

2. Laptop shut down while plugged in and doesn’t turn on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shut down while plugged in and doesn’t turn on: Lenovo gamer laptop ideapad with internal battery. Laptop shutdown with a click while charger is plugged in and now doesn’t turn on or show any sign of charging, what could be the problem? It’s basically dead...
  3. Laptop shut down while plugged in and doesn’t turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shut down while plugged in and doesn’t turn on: Lenovo gamer laptop ideapad with internal battery. Laptop shutdown with a click while charger is plugged in and now doesn’t turn on or show any sign of charging, what could be the problem? It’s basically dead...
  4. Laptop shut down while plugged in and doesn’t turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my laptop is not shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is not shutting down: My Lenovo laptop was working fine until i started it up from it being shut down and the battery 0 after charging it and trying to turn it off it brings me to the Boot Menu. From here i can't exit or select any of the options. If i shut it down, it would just automatically...
  6. my laptop is not shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop is not shutting down: My Lenovo laptop was working fine until i started it up from it being shut down and the battery 0 after charging it and trying to turn it off it brings me to the Boot Menu. From here i can't exit or select any of the options. If i shut it down, it would just automatically...
  7. my laptop is not shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/martin_m_n_novy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwclnn/shutting_down_doesnt_fully_shut_down_windows_10/
  9. My laptop is shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is shutting down: Recently i left my laptop to a service for a fix it was shutting down whenever i start some game no matter what ... like games from 2003 old and should run good on my laptop. So couple of week there after cleaned and changed the fan the laptop approved a bit whenever i get it...
  10. PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.: I just got a new gaming headset and I plugged it in. It updated drivers and then I went to press shutdown. After pressing shutdown, I turned off my monitor and left the room. I came back into the room and was suprised my pc fan lights and keyboard and mouse lights were still...