Windows 10: My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came...

Discus and support My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came back with a blue screen saying a kernel was missing or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CaryLamari, Jan 12, 2019.

1. My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came...

My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came back with a blue screen saying a kernel was missing or damaged. now it doesn't do anything but say my pc needs to be repaired? The Computer Op System was updated by Microsoft from windows 7 to windows 10 last year

:)

CaryLamari, Jan 12, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 12, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

I want to follow the suggestion. But It is that before making a decision or action I usually analyze it or ask a little more, as long as it is something new for me
    :/

Before Reset the Windows Update should I take into account the results of the Windows Update Troubleshooter ? The WUT of Windows itself does not correct the problem it finds. But the other WUT shows me (after the second attempt) as "corrected" and "completed".

My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came... [​IMG]

What I do not understand is why the WUT tells me that one of the steps is to remove the updates and re-download them (red rectangle). But when I give in "apply this correction" does not eleminate the update(Should?)

My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came... [​IMG]

Already in the final step in the report it tells me: that it is "corrected" in the first line. In the second it indicates "completed" and the text there says that one of the steps is to remove and re-download the update (is it supposed that WUT already did it or should I do it?)
    And what is that appears in the green box. Should I download it, remove it?

Sorry if maybe I have not explained well before. I think it would be much easier if the OS language were in English because translating the texts of the images is a lot.

3Colors, Jan 12, 2019
  4. malware Win User

My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came...

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came...

1. My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came... - Similar Threads - laptop downloaded update

2. Laptop fails to complete a restart process after downloading and installing a Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fails to complete a restart process after downloading and installing a Windows Update: I own an Asus laptop, which is not used very often.This evening I decided to start it and update it.Windows Update shows the following message, which is related to Windows Updates NOT Windows Security: "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.". It also...
  3. Laptop fails to complete a restart process after downloading and installing a Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop fails to complete a restart process after downloading and installing a Windows Update: I own an Asus laptop, which is not used very often.This evening I decided to start it and update it.Windows Update shows the following message, which is related to Windows Updates NOT Windows Security: "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.". It also...
  4. Laptop fails to complete a restart process after downloading and installing a Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My computer will not complete updates.

My computer will not complete updates.: My computer keeps giving me error message when I try to get updates. I seem to be having issue with drivers and have uploaded the mini dump files to one drive with hopes that I get this issue resolved......
  6. Updates completely breaking my computer? UPDATE: Laptop can't restart AT ALL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates completely breaking my computer? UPDATE: Laptop can't restart AT ALL: UPDATE: I have now found that my laptop cannot restart at all, doing so leaves it hanging on a black screen with the hardware lights still on. This means I can't run memory diagnostics/finish updates etc. Any advice for this? ORIGINAL: So, I've been having an issue lately....
  7. Downloaded a software on my computer, had to restart to use it, this came up when i...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloaded a software on my computer, had to restart to use it, this came up when i...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HugoSaxen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0o9ud/downloaded_a_software_on_my_computer_had_to/
  8. I restarted my laptop to apply an update, and came back to this, never seen it before, what...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I restarted my laptop to apply an update, and came back to this, never seen it before, what...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SnoopDoge93 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8y0kp/i_restarted_my_laptop_to_apply_an_update_and_came/
  9. Downloads keep failing before they have completed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads keep failing before they have completed: I have two computers running Windows 10 version 1909, both connected to the internet via the same router. On the laptop, downloads keep failing, but I do not have this problem on the desktop computer. I have had this problem on the laptop for a couple of days now. Before...
  10. Computer shutting down before an update is complete

Computer shutting down before an update is complete: Whenever I select the option to "Update and Shut Down" my computer shuts down before the update begins or can complete. It shuts down within 1 or 2 minutes. I am unsure of how to fix this problem. Please let me know, thanks!...