Windows 10: My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came...

Discus and support My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came back with a blue screen saying a kernel was missing or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CaryLamari, Jan 12, 2019.

1. My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came...

My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came back with a blue screen saying a kernel was missing or damaged. now it doesn't do anything but say my pc needs to be repaired? The Computer Op System was updated by Microsoft from windows 7 to windows 10 last year

:)

CaryLamari, Jan 12, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 12, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

I want to follow the suggestion. But It is that before making a decision or action I usually analyze it or ask a little more, as long as it is something new for me
    :/

Before Reset the Windows Update should I take into account the results of the Windows Update Troubleshooter ? The WUT of Windows itself does not correct the problem it finds. But the other WUT shows me (after the second attempt) as "corrected" and "completed".

My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came... [​IMG]

What I do not understand is why the WUT tells me that one of the steps is to remove the updates and re-download them (red rectangle). But when I give in "apply this correction" does not eleminate the update(Should?)

My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came... [​IMG]

Already in the final step in the report it tells me: that it is "corrected" in the first line. In the second it indicates "completed" and the text there says that one of the steps is to remove and re-download the update (is it supposed that WUT already did it or should I do it?)
    And what is that appears in the green box. Should I download it, remove it?

Sorry if maybe I have not explained well before. I think it would be much easier if the OS language were in English because translating the texts of the images is a lot.

3Colors, Jan 12, 2019
  4. malware Win User

My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came...

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came...

1. My laptop downloaded an update and then before it completed the computer restarted and came... - Similar Threads - laptop downloaded update

2. My laptop keeps restarting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps restarting.: Today, I just updated my laptop. However, after the update my laptop tells me that Windows 10 has run into a problem and will automatically restart in one minute. There is also another message that says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not...
  3. My computer freezes and then restarts

My computer freezes and then restarts: My computer freezes and then restarts, upgrades from Windows 8 to Windows 10, has 3 years with me, any help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-freezes-and-then-restarts/3bfcdf2e-cb2e-4f31-852d-31ab21ee34a4
  4. Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Update Completely Wiped My Laptop: Last night, there was an automatic update on my laptop. When I woke up this morning, there was a message informing me that I needed to install an operating system. Which should not be the case, because I ALREADY HAD WINDOWS 10. After that message, my computer attempted to...
  5. My computer does not shutdown completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer does not shutdown completely: I have had this problem ever since I built my computer, when I shut down my pc, either from the windows menu or the power button on the case, windows will shut down but all the hardware on the computer will stay running as if i only turned off the monitors....
  6. My computer keeps completely freezing

My computer keeps completely freezing: It's been about a week since the problem has started and I should mentioned this a new computer I built for the purpose of gaming. When I first had the problem I was playing a game called Black Desert Online and since then it freezes 5-10 after depending on what I am doing....
  7. My laptop is stuck in a cycle of restarting and displaying a message before it restarts...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop is stuck in a cycle of restarting and displaying a message before it restarts...: My laptop has been doing this for a while and I've given up on trying to fix it so I've come here looking for help. I tried updating a while ago and when i checked back on the update it seemed to be off so i turned it back on. When I turned it on it would have the normal...
  8. Creators Update downloaded, can't restart or shut down computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update downloaded, can't restart or shut down computer: So, Windows messed up big time. I checked the "Defer Feature Upgrades" option when I reverted back to Anniversary Update, and it STILL downloaded Creators Update! I have other important upgrades as well, but now I can't install those, cause it will install Creators Build as...
  9. Will Update Ask for Confirm Before Restart?

Will Update Ask for Confirm Before Restart?: I have Win 10 updates set to "Notify to Schedule Restart". Will it ask me to confirm before it restarts (since it seems to schedule them about 3:00 a.m. when I'm asleep). I'd rather my computer not reboot without my ok. Thanks. 17874
  10. Force search for updates before downloading?

Force search for updates before downloading?: Hi, I have Windows Update set up to not download updates automatically. Sometimes there comes an update I don't want, so I use the tool provided by Microsoft to hide the update in question. The problem then is that the update is still listed in Windows Update until it...