Windows 10: My laptop duplicated its display to my TV, but refuses to only display on screen 2

Discus and support My laptop duplicated its display to my TV, but refuses to only display on screen 2 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been trying for hours to get my new laptop to project onto my TV, but for some reason it just. Won't. Cooperate. Initially I couldn't even get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mastesargent, Oct 24, 2020.

1. My laptop duplicated its display to my TV, but refuses to only display on screen 2

I've been trying for hours to get my new laptop to project onto my TV, but for some reason it just. Won't. Cooperate. Initially I couldn't even get it to duplicate the display, but I finally got it to do so after knocking the refresh rate down to 40hz (which is fine for my purposes). Now for whatever reason whenever I try to display only on my TV it just won't work. My TV input loses signal while my laptop's screen turns off. There is an audio extractor between my TV and laptop, but I don't think that's a factor since my old laptop was able to do this with the exact same setup. I've looked at countless troubleshooting guides courtesy of Google, reinstalled/updated all the relevant drivers (as directed by said guides), and fiddled with my resolution and refresh rate settings to absolutely no avail. I'm at my wit's end and could really use a hand.

submitted by /u/mastesargent
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mastesargent, Oct 24, 2020

2. Laptop display wont duplicate to tv

my laptop wont duplicate the display to TV monitor

Bronwyn_606, Oct 24, 2020
  3. pslates Win User
    Duplicate display on TV or Projector problems

I have seen a problem on multiple computers and heard of others with the problem when having a computer set all the time to duplicate the display onto either a projector screen or TV. The problem is that the duplicate display setting does not stay when either the computer goes to sleep mode or has been turned off and back on.

Commonly a laptop set like this comes up with a blank screen and no picture of the computer is displayed until the TV or projector is turned on and displays on the other device. The only easy fix is to disconnect the video cable of the other device or press Win-P to get choices on the screen.

I never had this problem with Win 7. It kept the display settings until they were changed.

pslates, Oct 24, 2020
  4. dzigner Win User

My laptop duplicated its display to my TV, but refuses to only display on screen 2

Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

Hello
    I want to either duplicate or cast my laptop screen to my tv. I have acer spin 3 with windows 10 and Vizio smartTV.
    I have cast on google Chrome, so from there I am able to cast to the TV. I have the cast button(link on right click), in Opera, but it does not work. Opera cannot find any Cast destinations.
    On Windows side, if I search for wireless display from notifications/project area, it does not find my TV. If I click Connect in the notifications area, it does not find my TV.
    The TV is listed under Other devices in my devices and printers settings, but is always disconnected.
    I have attached images for this.
    Please help,
    My laptop duplicated its display to my TV, but refuses to only display on screen 2 [​IMG]

My laptop duplicated its display to my TV, but refuses to only display on screen 2 [​IMG]

Thanks

dzigner, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

My laptop duplicated its display to my TV, but refuses to only display on screen 2

1. My laptop duplicated its display to my TV, but refuses to only display on screen 2 - Similar Threads - laptop duplicated display

2. Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?: I have 3 displays and I would like to be able to extend Display 1 to Display 2 and mirror what is on Display 2 on Display 3. Can I do this?I need this to see the slides on a screen and the slideshow on another screen and on a projector....
  3. Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?: I have 3 displays and I would like to be able to extend Display 1 to Display 2 and mirror what is on Display 2 on Display 3. Can I do this?I need this to see the slides on a screen and the slideshow on another screen and on a projector....
  4. My displays will only duplicate, they won't extend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My displays will only duplicate, they won't extend: I have bought a new PC. My old machine had two HDMI ports so in the past I connected my two screens one to each HDMI port and could extend the displays. The new machine only has one hdmi and a DVI port so I have connected one screen to the HDMI port and the other to the DVI...
  5. My displays will only duplicate, they won't extend

My displays will only duplicate, they won't extend: I have bought a new PC. My old machine had two HDMI ports so in the past I connected my two screens one to each HDMI port and could extend the displays. The new machine only has one hdmi and a DVI port so I have connected one screen to the HDMI port and the other to the DVI...
  6. My laptop's screen display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's screen display: Hello I have a problem with my laptop's screen it suddenly becomes so grey picture 2 usually the contrast is same with the display in my monitor screen which is shown in picture 1 I never changed the display settings of my laptop. Yesterday I did not have an issue like this...
  7. My laptop's screen display

My laptop's screen display: Hello I have a problem with my laptop's screen it suddenly becomes so grey picture 2 usually the contrast is same with the display in my monitor screen which is shown in picture 1 I never changed the display settings of my laptop. Yesterday I did not have an issue like this...
  8. "Duplicate these display" doesn't work but "Display only on 1/2" does?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Duplicate these display" doesn't work but "Display only on 1/2" does?: I would like to mirror my pc to my tv using a hdmi. But when i select the option "Duplicate these display" in the display setting i get the pc screen flash with the message asking if i want to keep the changes and my tv emit a crackle sound. But my tv screen stays on No...
  9. TV screen display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV screen display: how do you get the display to work on a TV using HDMI. I have 2 PC's with windows 10, both set to the same resolution one works & the other doesn't. Any help out there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tv-screen-display/6d0fe20e-2d13-4720-908d-99fee7e26dcd
  10. Duplicate display on TV or Projector problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Duplicate display on TV or Projector problems: I have seen a problem on multiple computers and heard of others with the problem when having a computer set all the time to duplicate the display onto either a projector screen or TV. The problem is that the duplicate display setting does not stay when either the computer...