Windows 10: My laptop factory reset itself and now I've lost all my files!

Discus and support My laptop factory reset itself and now I've lost all my files! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop reset itself and I've now lost every app, picture, document etc that was saved on my Windows 10 laptop! It even reset the home screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LiamDrury, Sep 20, 2020.

1. LiamDrury Win User

My laptop factory reset itself and now I've lost all my files!

Hi,

My laptop reset itself and I've now lost every app, picture, document etc that was saved on my Windows 10 laptop! It even reset the home screen image that I had!

Is there any way that I can retrieve my files?!

:)

LiamDrury, Sep 20, 2020

2. My Laptop factory resets automatically

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I will perform a clean boot and try to locate what is causing the problem. Meanwhile, here are the answer to your questions.

• If you've lost all programs and files when the device automatically resets.
    Yes I did lose all programs and files from my computer.

• The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link
    My Windows 10 specifications are :

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 1709

OS Build 16299.64

AmeyaKulkarni_17, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Sep 20, 2020
  4. My laptop factory reset itself and now I've lost all my files!

HP Laptop Windows 10 reset to factory default

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• How are you trying to reset your pc to factory setting?

As you have a laptop, ensure that the laptop is not running on battery and the power cable is plugged in to the socket.

Let us follow the steps suggested by “Babu V” in the following thread that speaks about a possible solution for the related issue:

Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”: Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

My laptop factory reset itself and now I've lost all my files!

1. My laptop factory reset itself and now I've lost all my files! - Similar Threads - laptop factory reset

2. My pc resetted itself and I lost my all files a week ago and after reseting itself started...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc resetted itself and I lost my all files a week ago and after reseting itself started...: My system: gtx 750ti Cpu intel core i5 10400f 2.9ghzRam 16gbHard disk 500 gbSsd 256 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-resetted-itself-and-i-lost-my-all-files-a/49248704-6a02-4709-a693-abed52d5fd9a
  3. My pc resetted itself and I lost my all files a week ago and after reseting itself started...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc resetted itself and I lost my all files a week ago and after reseting itself started...: My system: gtx 750ti Cpu intel core i5 10400f 2.9ghzRam 16gbHard disk 500 gbSsd 256 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-resetted-itself-and-i-lost-my-all-files-a/49248704-6a02-4709-a693-abed52d5fd9a
  4. My pc resetted itself and I lost my all files a week ago and after reseting itself started...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My laptop suddenly factory reset by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop suddenly factory reset by itself: My laptop was on sleep mode before this happened. When I opened it and left it on lockscreen mode, it suddenly rebooted and then said “Resetting this PC”. Now, I’m stuck in the Windows Repair Environment. I tried doing Reset PC then Keep my files, but it didn’t work. I cannot...
  6. My laptop suddenly factory reset by itself

My laptop suddenly factory reset by itself: My laptop was on sleep mode before this happened. When I opened it and left it on lockscreen mode, it suddenly rebooted and then said “Resetting this PC”. Now, I’m stuck in the Windows Repair Environment. I tried doing Reset PC then Keep my files, but it didn’t work. I cannot...
  7. My Laptop Reset Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Reset Itself: When I booted up my laptop today, it waited a little bit at the log on screen saying 'Preparing Windows"When It logged on, My desktop, Personal User folder Files, Pre-installed Apps, 3rd party app settings, Explorer Folder Options settings, Themes were gone. And disabled...
  8. My Laptop Reset Itself

My Laptop Reset Itself: When I booted up my laptop today, it waited a little bit at the log on screen saying 'Preparing Windows"When It logged on, My desktop, Personal User folder Files, Pre-installed Apps, 3rd party app settings, Explorer Folder Options settings, Themes were gone. And disabled...
  9. reset laptop have now lost all email files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reset laptop have now lost all email files: How do i recover lost emails after laptop reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-laptop-have-now-lost-all-email-files/e931ae5f-4a9f-487b-b34a-46afbe163836
  10. HELP! MY LAPTOP FACTORY RESET BY ITSELF!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HELP! MY LAPTOP FACTORY RESET BY ITSELF!: Hello. I'm Dalila. So this morning when I'm trying to turn on my laptop by key in my password, it says that "windows problem.... need to sign out" something like that because I just woke up from sleep and need to do some report. Last time I used my laptop was three days ago....