Windows 10: My Laptop fails upgrading Windows 10

Discus and support My Laptop fails upgrading Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When reainstalling the windows with USB to keep my files (media creation tool) it shows me this window:[IMG] Can someone tell me how to fix it? Also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dv158_69, Mar 24, 2019.

1. dv158_69 Win User

My Laptop fails upgrading Windows 10

When reainstalling the windows with USB to keep my files (media creation tool) it shows me this window:My Laptop fails upgrading Windows 10 [​IMG]

Can someone tell me how to fix it?

Also i cant start my laptop, i literally cant go to desktop. Is there any other way to fix it?

I had that problem with blank screen and i tried everything. Couldn't fix it. I haven't got my files backed up. Do i need something else to fix it?

:)

dv158_69, Mar 24, 2019

2. Can't upgrade laptop to Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried Windows Defender and discovered it was not turned on and when I tried to turn it on it would quickly turn itself off again. I used another anti-virus program to check out the laptop but it found no problem. Obviously this laptop has some problems.

My next step is to put the original drive back into the machine and try the Windows 10 upgrade from that and if that also fails do a restore of this laptop to the original Windows 7.

alkaufmann, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 24, 2019
  4. My Laptop fails upgrading Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

My Laptop fails upgrading Windows 10

1. My Laptop fails upgrading Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Laptop fails upgrading

2. Failed to upgrade Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed to upgrade Windows 10: Hi, I have had upgraded my PC several times but still failed. It just rechecking for updates when it's almost 100% getting updated. PC model: Asus Tp500ln Your help is needed and really appreciate it!...
  3. my upgrade to windows 10 pro failed

my upgrade to windows 10 pro failed: While upgrading to windows 10 pro it failed and now i'm getting errors oxc004f050. Windows 10 enterprise is not activated. oxc004c003 error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-upgrade-to-windows-10-pro-failed/15b2242a-5efe-4b4e-9621-8a451bab0116
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade Failed

Windows 10 Upgrade Failed: I have tried to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. I have paid for the upgrade but I get this error message when I try to install the upgrade[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-failed/59f5b6b6-bde2-4134-b1f3-faefaa5e0a3b
  5. window 10 upgrade fails

window 10 upgrade fails: hi, my lap top has wind 7 upgraded to window 10 has now version 1709 , however the upgrade 1803 is not getting installed as it fails during updating at 75 % level. I tried to down load from Microsoft site after creating media tool , this is version is 1903 as their is no...
  6. Failing to Upgrade Windows 10.

Failing to Upgrade Windows 10.: Hi, I have been trying to upgrade windows 10 (1703) to 1803 for a while now and nothing seem to be working. I have tried the .iso file, windows media creation tool, troubleshooter, removed downloads from Software Distribution, tried updating while offline. I tried a...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade fails

Windows 10 upgrade fails: I have been having this issue for a while now. When Windows 10 tries to upgrade it get an error stating that it is unable to update the system reserve partition. From what I have read so far, I'm suppose to down load a partition manager and increase the system partition. I...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade failed on laptop

Windows 10 Upgrade failed on laptop: Hi guys, I convinced my friend to upgrade to windows 10 on his laptop and it failed leaving it screwed. The laptop is based on a Clevo W350ET chassis. When you turn it on it goes to a screen saying 'Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired, A required device isn't...
  9. Windows 10 fails to upgrade.

Windows 10 fails to upgrade.: Have followed instructions & downloaded upgrade only to find every time it gets to 32% it fails & will not go any further, have done this four times outcome always the same can someone help I have 74gb of hard drive free so there should be enough to accommodate the upgrade....
  10. My windows 10 failed to upgrade

My windows 10 failed to upgrade: I am now getting a new error. The error i am now getting is error C1420127 windows 10 now installs almost but towards the end it stops and says error and then when i go to look at it that is what the error is. Thanks for any help or tips 9253