Windows 10: My laptop fan is too slowsilent while my cpu already so burning hot

Discus and support My laptop fan is too slowsilent while my cpu already so burning hot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So my new gaming laptop, when the cpu temp reach 70- 80 degree celcius, the fan still silent at about 3000 rpm. until it gets like 90 almost 100 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joseph_97, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Joseph_97 Win User

My laptop fan is too slowsilent while my cpu already so burning hot

So my new gaming laptop, when the cpu temp reach 70- 80 degree celcius, the fan still silent at about 3000 rpm. until it gets like 90 almost 100 and then it started to run at full speedaround 5000-6000 rpm. it's kinda scary for me, while in normal usenot game the temp is about 60-80it's already too hot and dangerous I think, because my old laptop when it gets around 70 degree it started throttling & crashes. My old one always get noisy fan easily and I don't mind at all. searched around for hours and no answer to change it, already checked my biosno fan settings, power management

:)

Joseph_97, Aug 3, 2022
  2. NickOttWU Win User

CPU fan not working properly

The fans are always idle no matter how hot the cpu gets, its hottest ive seen it at is 83 degrees Celsius. the cooling policy is active but they always run low idle, they used to speed up all the time now they don't.does anybody have any suggestions?

Original Title: Fans are always idle

NickOttWU, Aug 3, 2022
  3. wmiprvse.exe wmi high CPU Usage, burning hot Laptop

Hi please can someone help me? Over the last few days my laptop has starting running slowly, burning hot with the fan on constantly. I have checked the task manager and have seen a number of exe files filling up most of my processor space, I have managed
    to kill these off, but still have wmiprvse.exe wmi running at about 40-50%, how can I remove wmiprvse.exe wmi?

I have tried looking up online and clicking through the link from Mircrosoft, but it tells me I don't have enough memory to complete this... I don't see any issue with memory.

Please help me to solve this.

I adored Windows 10, it really revived my laptop, it was running super fast, it was like a brand new machine but now the laptop is horrific.

IainCairns, Aug 3, 2022
  4. My laptop fan is too slowsilent while my cpu already so burning hot

Windows 10 update made laptop CPU fan run non-stop

My laptop installed a Windows update last weekend. I was already running on Windows 10 before this with no problems. Since the update the fan has not stopped running as long as the computer is on and the laptop itself feels hot. I've never experienced this
    before since the laptop has an SSD drive and lots of RAM and I usually don't have anything more than few browser tabs and maybe one or two business applications open.

I tried changing the power settings so it limits the maximum CPU state to 50% on battery mode, and then unplugging the laptop. This cuts the fan down to a quiet level (just about the loudest I ever heard it before this) but the performance is not as good.

The CPU level is consistently between 10 - 20% and I don't see any processes using an unusual amount of resources. Memory use is 8/16GB. There seems to be absolutely no reason for the CPU to be so hot all the time. The constant fan noise is a problem for
    conference calls and video recording. Even the 50% CPU setting isn't enough to cut out the fan noise and it's probably too low to do video recording since it's low enough to make typing this post harder. Is there any solution other than heading to the Apple
    store so I can get back to work?

The updates listed in the update history are "Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176936)" and "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607".

RichardGarand, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

My laptop fan is too slowsilent while my cpu already so burning hot

1. My laptop fan is too slowsilent while my cpu already so burning hot - Similar Threads - laptop fan too

2. my laptop is taking too much time for sleep and while sleeping fan of laptop is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is taking too much time for sleep and while sleeping fan of laptop is on: there is also no option of hybrid sleep what am i supposed to do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-taking-too-much-time-for-sleep-and/12c671f1-208c-4eb0-89bf-dd9c726445ea
  3. my laptop is taking too much time for sleep and while sleeping fan of laptop is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop is taking too much time for sleep and while sleeping fan of laptop is on: there is also no option of hybrid sleep what am i supposed to do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-taking-too-much-time-for-sleep-and/12c671f1-208c-4eb0-89bf-dd9c726445ea
  4. My laptop fan is too slowsilent while my cpu already so burning hot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop fan is too slowsilent while my cpu already so burning hot: So my new gaming laptop, when the cpu temp reach 70- 80 degree celcius, the fan still silent at about 3000 rpm. until it gets like 90 almost 100 and then it started to run at full speedaround 5000-6000 rpm. it's kinda scary for me, while in normal usenot game the temp is...
  5. My laptop fan is too slowsilent while my cpu already so burning hot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop fan is too slowsilent while my cpu already so burning hot: So my new gaming laptop, when the cpu temp reach 70- 80 degree celcius, the fan still silent at about 3000 rpm. until it gets like 90 almost 100 and then it started to run at full speedaround 5000-6000 rpm. it's kinda scary for me, while in normal usenot game the temp is...
  6. My HP slim laptop is very hot and fan is nosiy

in Windows 10 Customization
    My HP slim laptop is very hot and fan is nosiy: Dear all, One of my friend has bought this laptop (HP Spectre x360 - 13-ac033dx) . This laptop comes with WIN 10 license. He start using it for around 6 months. Once he one or two applications the laptop became like toast machine superrrrrrrrrrrrr hottttt. I reset the...
  7. Is my CPU running too hot?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my CPU running too hot?: I have an Intel NUC. Recently, shortly after I started watching video in Firefox, the computer shut down suddenly. I suspected that it was thermal overload, so the next time I started my computer I looked at the CPU temps using Open Hardware Monitor. They range from 60C to...
  8. Is My CPU To Hot?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is My CPU To Hot?: specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz Mainboard Model: ASUS P8H67-M PRO BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. version 1104 AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Home 64-bit (Build 17134) I just recently bought my nephews desktop computer (see above...
  9. CPU temp -- is this running too hot ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU temp -- is this running too hot ?: Hi there running a fairly heavy but not unduly load the CPU seems to be running at about 75 deg C peak -- Avg about 61 deg C. Is this likely to cause trouble over prolonged periods. I know that these devices can run extremely hot but I don't want to break it if adding...
  10. my laptop is hot!!! cpu mining???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my laptop is hot!!! cpu mining???: ok so i installed windows 10 on one of my laptops, haven’t really used it until tonight. i was watching a movie on a popular movie streaming site and it started getting hot, the fan was running like crazy. so i deiced to open task viewer (or what ever its called) and keep...