Windows 10: My laptop freezes after every 2-3 seconds and makes buzzing sound if video is played

Discus and support My laptop freezes after every 2-3 seconds and makes buzzing sound if video is played in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop freezes after every 2-3 seconds and after restarting the laptop the problem goes away for that time only and again appears. While it freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RohitMahale, Feb 23, 2019.

1. My laptop freezes after every 2-3 seconds and makes buzzing sound if video is played

My laptop freezes after every 2-3 seconds and after restarting the laptop the problem goes away for that time only and again appears.

While it freezes the laptop makes the buzzing noise if there is any video is getting played. I have done the following things but didn't work

1) Reinstalling the windows

2) Reset the Windows

3) Removing the drivers and again installing them

I am currently using windows 10 Build Version 1809 (10.0.17763)

I could not work on the laptop unless I restart the windows and suddenly that issue again pops up out of nowhere, please help regarding this

Thanks

:)

RohitMahale, Feb 23, 2019

2. video playback freeze for a split second with a buzzing sound about every 20 to 30 seconds

Original title: video playback

hi . have recently upgraded to windows 10 and now when i try to play videos on my comp. they freeze for a split second with a buzzing sound about every 20 to 30 seconds. same happens when the kids play the sims etc. any advice would be greatly appreciated
    as im a bit of a duffer as far as computers go. thanx

AndrewMannQA, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Buzzing sound and machine freezes while trying to play youtube

My machine ASUS X555L has recently upgraded its Windows 10 os. I'm now getting a buzzing sound and the machine freezes when looking at video.

Any suggestions for a solution. Initially thought it was the hard drive, but the machine works fine when no video is playing.

Thanks!

ColinMcGuirk, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

My laptop freezes after every 2-3 seconds and makes buzzing sound if video is played

Buzzing sound when playing video's

Hello Cliff,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

• Which build is running on your systems?
    • Have checked for any pending updates on your system?
    • Is the issue specific while playing videos or you face the same problem while playing audios as well?
    • Are you using Windows application or a third party application to play video/audio?
    • Does this happens with all other videos as well?
    This issue might be due to outdated or corrupted graphic card drivers. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run Video Playback Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run the Video Playback Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run
    Video Playback troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Video Playback troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists, if yes follow the below method.
    Method 2: Refer to the link below “Fix sound problems” also run the audio troubleshooter provided in the same link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

If the issue still persist you can follow below method and check if it helps.

Method 3: Uninstall and re-install display and sound drivers.

· Press
    Windows + X keys together and click device manager.

·
    Click to expand Display adapters.

·
    Right click the adapter and click uninstall.

Now, you may reinstall the latest display driver from the computer manufacturer's website.
    Also follow the same steps for sound drivers. Make sure all the Drivers are compatible with windows 10.

You can refer to the below link on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

Freezing and buzzing sound Windows 10

If you are not able find the drivers which is compatible with windows 10, you can download the latest available drivers from manufactures website and install them in compatibility mode, refer the link below on how to install the
    drivers in compatibility mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows (Applies to Windows
    10)

Please get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

My laptop freezes after every 2-3 seconds and makes buzzing sound if video is played

1. My laptop freezes after every 2-3 seconds and makes buzzing sound if video is played - Similar Threads - laptop freezes every

2. My PC freezes and makes a buzzing sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC freezes and makes a buzzing sound: My Pc will sometimes freeze and begins making a buzzing sound and will not unfreeze. I have to restart my computer in order to get it to stop. Im not sure how to fix this problem....
  3. My PC freezes and makes a buzzing sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC freezes and makes a buzzing sound: My Pc will sometimes freeze and begins making a buzzing sound and will not unfreeze. I have to restart my computer in order to get it to stop. Im not sure how to fix this problem....
  4. My PC freezes and makes a buzzing sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Having 1 second freezes with buzzing sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having 1 second freezes with buzzing sound: I request you to read fully to understand the problem thoroughly.So, I have been having this problem for a month and a half now and I don't have a solution for it. I have looked about it everywhere tried everything but nothin worked.I noticed this very first while playing a...
  6. Having 1 second freezes with buzzing sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having 1 second freezes with buzzing sound: I request you to read fully to understand the problem thoroughly.So, I have been having this problem for a month and a half now and I don't have a solution for it. I have looked about it everywhere tried everything but nothin worked.I noticed this very first while playing a...
  7. Video freezes after 2-3 seconds when using zoom????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video freezes after 2-3 seconds when using zoom????: Video freezes after 2-3 seconds when using zoom???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-freezes-after-2-3-seconds-when-using-zoom/a72e9611-ec5f-47ea-b46b-39e2fb5deda5
  8. My computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound: Hello, i have this problem were my computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound for a few seconds. Have updated all of my drivers and everything is up to date. It happens maybe 1-2 times a day and its very annoying... I haven't overclocked. My specs: Mobo-ASUS ROG STRIX Z390...
  9. My computer sometimes freezes and make buzzing sound for 1-2 seconds!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer sometimes freezes and make buzzing sound for 1-2 seconds!!: Hello, I never had an issue with my pc untill couple days ago, it started to freeze and make buzzing sound for couple seconds about every 10 minutes while playing games or watching a movie! PC specs: » CPU : Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Processor @ 4.00 GHz » Videocard :...
  10. Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.: Hello. I need Help Regarding my Laptop Freezing Problem. My Laptop Hardware. Intel Core i7 4510U 2.0 GHZ 1TB HDD 8GB RAM Intel Build in graphics card Windows 10 Home x64bit My Issue is that my computer is keep Freezing for two or 3 seconds or some time more....