Windows 10: My laptop freezes and crashes when plugged in and tries to use GPU

Discus and support My laptop freezes and crashes when plugged in and tries to use GPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I boot my laptop with the charger plugged in, sometimes it will freeze and crash the moment I log in to my desktop. But sometimes it doesn't crash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Laeona, May 1, 2019.

1. Laeona Win User

My laptop freezes and crashes when plugged in and tries to use GPU

When I boot my laptop with the charger plugged in, sometimes it will freeze and crash the moment I log in to my desktop. But sometimes it doesn't crash while the charger is plugged in, but whenever I try to use something that requires my GPU, it will freeze and then give me the BSOD. The errors I usually get are either DPC watchdog violation or video scheduler internal error.

I have tried to reinstall my Nvidia driver to the latest version but the error still persists. I have also tried to reset my PC, but after it resets it says that my password is incorrect and when I say forgot my password it says cannot connect to ProfSvc service and then undoes the reset.

Any help??

:)

Laeona, May 1, 2019

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 1, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 1, 2019
  4. My laptop freezes and crashes when plugged in and tries to use GPU

Windows Apps Crashing & Freezing Laptop

Please help!

The Photos app keeps crashing when I open it and then it freezes my laptop too.

As well, playing videos (whether with the Films app or online - YouTube, etc) freezes my laptop - but only
    always when my laptop's plugged in. Already tried resetting/reinstalling said apps & reinstalling Windows & restoring default libraries - nothing's worked.

Tarisai Chido, May 1, 2019
Thema:

My laptop freezes and crashes when plugged in and tries to use GPU

1. My laptop freezes and crashes when plugged in and tries to use GPU - Similar Threads - laptop freezes crashes

2. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  3. When the nvidia gpu is used, my laptop crashes giving video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error bsod for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When the nvidia gpu is used, my laptop crashes giving video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error bsod for...: I tried uninstalling the current nvidia gpu then installing the nvidia gpu on the Asus website, but the game would run for like a minute or 2 then give the same bsod. Also my laptop is the 2021 ROG Zephyrus G14...
  4. When the nvidia gpu is used, my laptop crashes giving video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error bsod for...

When the nvidia gpu is used, my laptop crashes giving video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error bsod for...: I tried uninstalling the current nvidia gpu then installing the nvidia gpu on the Asus website, but the game would run for like a minute or 2 then give the same bsod. Also my laptop is the 2021 ROG Zephyrus G14...
  5. gpu freezes my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gpu freezes my laptop: Hello i own a dell m4800 laptop for 2 years now and it was working finethis month i had a weird problem that happen while i was playing a game and the problem is that my laptop got frozen and it wouldn't let me do anything then i restarted the laptop and it kept on freezing...
  6. gpu freezes my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    gpu freezes my laptop: Hello i own a dell m4800 laptop for 2 years now and it was working finethis month i had a weird problem that happen while i was playing a game and the problem is that my laptop got frozen and it wouldn't let me do anything then i restarted the laptop and it kept on freezing...
  7. gpu freezes my laptop

8. My laptop GPU is crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop GPU is crashing: I have i7 8th gen laptop with integrated intel UHD 620 and dedicated Radeon R7 M440 graphics card. I am unable to do any gpu consuming tasks as when it switches to my dedicated graphics it crashes whatever the process. I tried unistalling the GPU amd one and its drivers and...
  9. My laptop GPU is crashing

My laptop GPU is crashing: I have i7 8th gen laptop with integrated intel UHD 620 and dedicated Radeon R7 M440 graphics card. I am unable to do any gpu consuming tasks as when it switches to my dedicated graphics it crashes whatever the process. I tried unistalling the GPU amd one and its drivers and...
  10. Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.: What should I do? My laptop freezes ever second when charger is not plugged in. I am using Lenovo E4430 i7 8gb ram 128ssd NVIDIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-freezes-when-charger-is-not-plugged-in/8581f8eb-b1ba-4b18-b34a-93d10dfa885a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows freezes on boot with gpu plugged in

2. laptop freezing whn plugging in vga cable