Windows 10: My laptop freezes and hangs

Discus and support My laptop freezes and hangs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a Dell Windows laptop in late November - didn't use it until January of this year. I couldn't believe how often it froze and even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JanSibb, Jul 31, 2018.

1. JanSibb Win User

My laptop freezes and hangs

I bought a Dell Windows laptop in late November - didn't use it until January of this year. I couldn't believe how often it froze and even blue-screened a few times. Dell kept working on it for 6 months - used about 30 hours of my time - they couldn't fix it and wouldn't look at the software unless I paid them about $129 more for software insurance. I could prove it started the first minute I turned the machine on even though I didn't figure out until much later what the problem was and didn't think I should have to pay more than $100 additional for to get a working $800 brand new laptop. In the meantime, Dell also lost all my data even though I told I finally correlated the length of the freezes with the number of WHEA-logger errors that were showing up in Event Viewer. I will never buy another Dell as they said I didn't have a problem, wouldn't put in writing that they couldn't fix it and told me there was nothing they could do. Costco graciously let me exchange it for an HP which is no where near the quality of the Dell, but at least it works. I wonder how many of the other machines out there that are freezing are also because of the WHEA-logger errors. At a later date, I tried the store sample of my laptop and it had the same errors.

:)

JanSibb, Jul 31, 2018

2. My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

Hi Mia,

You laptop freezing and hanging could be caused by different possible scenarios. For us to address your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made on your computer? Like an update or a new programs was installed.
    • Was there a specific activity you were on when the computer freezes.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Freeze / Hang

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by Ramesh.Kumar on this

thread
    . To know more on how to resolved your issue with Windows 10 screen freeze/ hang.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Oct 1, 2018
  4. My laptop freezes and hangs

pc 'hangs' or freezes randomly

While in use suddenly nothing responds to mouse or keyboard for long minutes, then starts up again ok for a few minutes. Have tried all usual restart/etc. online suggestions without luck.

Have found in Task Manager - Processes - there are listed 4 'Suspended" items, Could they be the culprits causing the 'hang or freeze'.

Can't determine exactly what the suspended are so am hesitant to 'End Task' them.

klaro 1590, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

My laptop freezes and hangs

1. My laptop freezes and hangs - Similar Threads - laptop freezes hangs

2. Laptop freezing/hanging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezing/hanging: my laptop is freezing/hanging suddenly. My guess is that maybe I watch streaming website example is YouTube or anime streaming website and it will crash or MAYBE its because of my earphones?...
  3. Laptop freezing/hanging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezing/hanging: my laptop is freezing/hanging suddenly. My guess is that maybe I watch streaming website example is YouTube or anime streaming website and it will crash or MAYBE its because of my earphones?...
  4. Laptop freezing/hanging

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows hangs or freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hangs or freezes: Hello,I have been using win10 for sometimes but recently i am having this problem, like while using the laptop it hangs or freezes every 2/5 minutes. for example, i am google chrome or watching something on DVD player or even normal browsing, it will freeze every 2/5 mins. i...
  6. Windows hangs or freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hangs or freezes: Hello,I have been using win10 for sometimes but recently i am having this problem, like while using the laptop it hangs or freezes every 2/5 minutes. for example, i am google chrome or watching something on DVD player or even normal browsing, it will freeze every 2/5 mins. i...
  7. Laptop freezing and hanging out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezing and hanging out of nowhere: I have a dell laptop, pretty low end but It still satisfied me, but one day I wake up and laptop freezes every 30 seconds for 1-2 minutes. It was unusable so I did a reset. Thought it would fix it but no. Then I hard wiped everything, still it got even intense. Btw it was...
  8. My PC just hangs and then freezes

My PC just hangs and then freezes: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎31/‎08/‎2019 02:06 Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 193 Parameter 1: 810 Parameter 2: 0 Parameter...
  9. Laptop freezing/hanging for 10 minutes or so

Laptop freezing/hanging for 10 minutes or so: Hi, I may sound quite dumb for asking a question such as this, but my laptop has been freezing or hanging for the past week for more than 10 minutes, and I have no choice but to hard reboot. It doesn't show black screen, which I think I may be thankful for. I know that...
  10. Laptop Hang / Freeze problem during plug in

Laptop Hang / Freeze problem during plug in: I have laptop ASUS ROG. I'm using it from last 2015. It runs so smooth till last week. From last week, I'm facing a problem of Freezing & Hang problem. It's have some kind of diffrent problem, when my bettrery is low & I plug in after some time it will be freeze or Hang....