Windows 10: My laptop freezes every time after a few minutes after updates

Discus and support My laptop freezes every time after a few minutes after updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sometime last week my laptop rarely freezes after it went idle, I've googled the problems and tried to fix it and it still crashes until this day. And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FarrelAriq, Nov 21, 2020.

1. My laptop freezes every time after a few minutes after updates

Sometime last week my laptop rarely freezes after it went idle, I've googled the problems and tried to fix it and it still crashes until this day. And when I checked the Reliability Monitor I found out it happens every time after a few minutes or so after an update or checking for updates. This happens regardless if it is automatic or manual updates.

My laptop freezes every time after a few minutes after updates 1d140f0e-388b-41a8-af0c-061a42af1cb4?upload=true.png

Does anyone knows why is this happening and how to fix it?

:)

FarrelAriq, Nov 21, 2020
  2. mljay9820 Win User

laptop freezes 5-10 minutes after start up for 5-7 minutes every time

hi, every time i turn on or restart after 5-10 minutes there is a definite freezing for about 5-7 minutes, then it becomes totally fine. first occurred when i was watching a video on VLC, so i thought it was a problem in it , then no matter what application
    i have open at the time, laptop freezes. i have windows 10 . can anyone help?

mljay9820, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Laptop freezes for a minute after bootup or sleep

My Dell XPS 13 9370 (250GB SSD) runs perfectly fine except after bootup or sleep. It works fine directly after bootup/sleep but after a few minutes the laptop freezes and I can't do anything. After a minute, the freezing stops and everything is fine. The freezing only happens once and only every time I boot it up.

Help would be great!

Thank you! My laptop freezes every time after a few minutes after updates :)

Winver 1903 OS Build 18362.535

straubalexander, Nov 21, 2020
  4. dawei Win User

My laptop freezes every time after a few minutes after updates

Windows 7 freezes for 1 minute

My custom built rig has lately, in the past 2 months or so, been having these spits of freezing. It will freeze for exactly 1 minute: always 1 minute, every time. I can time it down to the second.

The weird thing is that when it freezes, some programs seem to be immune to it. When playing a full screen game, video and audio will freeze (though not always at the same time, sometimes one or the other will lag). Playing a 3D game in windowed mode seems to be immune to it however. Windows explorer and Firefox always seems to freeze, but Windows Messenger (including video call) will work as normal even while everything else is frozen. After a minute has passed, everything is back to normal. It happens at irregular intervals: sometimes it will happen then happen again 30 seconds later, and sometimes I can go hours without the problem.

It's a bit bizarre and I'm not sure what is causing it. The fact that it is always exactly 1 minute makes me think it's some dumb program checking for an update or something, but I can't pin it down.

Any ideas appreciated.

dawei, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

My laptop freezes every time after a few minutes after updates

1. My laptop freezes every time after a few minutes after updates - Similar Threads - laptop freezes every

2. PC freeze after few minutes of usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freeze after few minutes of usage: Hello.i want to find a solution about my crashing PC, i wonder if someone can help me.so at first i use my computer normally, but then it starts freezing, i can't click anything, can't do Ctrl + Alt + Del, after a while it shows the blue screen of death with various code,...
  3. PC freeze after few minutes of usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC freeze after few minutes of usage: Hello.i want to find a solution about my crashing PC, i wonder if someone can help me.so at first i use my computer normally, but then it starts freezing, i can't click anything, can't do Ctrl + Alt + Del, after a while it shows the blue screen of death with various code,...
  4. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  5. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  6. Pc freezes after a few minutes

7. Every game i play freezes or crashes after a few minutes

Every game i play freezes or crashes after a few minutes: This started 4 days ago, my windows freezes a lot when opening a program. When i try to play something the game starts but keeps freezing and coming back, and randomly freezes for about 20 seconds and then crashes. The games i tested this on are CS:GO keeps freezing and...
  8. Every game i play freezes or crashes after a few minutes

Every game i play freezes or crashes after a few minutes: This started 4 days ago, my windows freezes a lot when opening a program. When i try to play something the game starts but keeps freezing and coming back, and randomly freezes for about 20 seconds and then crashes. The games i tested this on are CS:GO keeps freezing and...
  9. Every game i play freezes or crashes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Sudden Screen Freeze After Every Few Minutes in Windows 10

Sudden Screen Freeze After Every Few Minutes in Windows 10: For the past 2-3 days my PC started to freeze randomly after every few minutes. First time it froze on desktop,second time in the middle of the game and third time in the middle of movie. I haven't changed anything in my PC. So, why is Windows 10 64 Bit Home started to act...