Windows 10: My laptop freezes when I right click and mouse over "new"?

Discus and support My laptop freezes when I right click and mouse over "new"? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop lately has been freezing whenever my mouse hovers over "new" in the menu that pops up after you right click on the desktop. It didn't use to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by slurmp, Jun 24, 2019.

1. slurmp Win User

My laptop freezes when I right click and mouse over "new"?

My laptop lately has been freezing whenever my mouse hovers over "new" in the menu that pops up after you right click on the desktop. It didn't use to do this, and I'm not sure what has changed or how to fix it. I encounter this problem a lot when I try to make a new folder on my desktop, and if I'm moving my mouse down to click on personalize instead- it still freezes anyway when the mouse moves over "new". Usually it just freezes for a few seconds, but sometimes the taskbar and all of my icons on the desktop disappear and then reappear a few seconds later which I can only assume to be it crashing and then coming back. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? I tried searching it up online but couldn't find anything.
    Thanks!

:)

slurmp, Jun 24, 2019
  2. stor Win User

mouse freezes and then right click wont respond

Hi guys. 4 days ago my mouse in my dell precision windows 10 laptop started freezing. The right click would not respond at clicking. i did alt+ctrl+shift renewed the windows explorer and then the left click function of the mouse would be reed but I had no right click.
    I called dell and they came and changed the entire mouse pad but still no success.
    I downloaded the shellexview as was proposed in another thread and followed the steps to disable the pink ones, still no result.
    Today I did format in the laptop and reinstalled windows 10. a few hours later the problem was back. After the format I installed again shellexview and repeated the steps. still no result
    I am running out of options. Please any help would be greatly appreciated

3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Jun 24, 2019
  4. My laptop freezes when I right click and mouse over "new"?

Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

My laptop freezes when I right click and mouse over "new"?

1. My laptop freezes when I right click and mouse over "new"? - Similar Threads - laptop freezes right

2. My computer freeze when I right-click on picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer freeze when I right-click on picture: Hello, when I right-click on a picture on my desktop nothing happens and then my computer freezes for a while and then my screen goes black and refreshes itself.I discovered that the same thing happen when I try to right-click on a picture in my NAS server.When I was writing...
  3. My computer freeze when I right-click on picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freeze when I right-click on picture: Hello, when I right-click on a picture on my desktop nothing happens and then my computer freezes for a while and then my screen goes black and refreshes itself.I discovered that the same thing happen when I try to right-click on a picture in my NAS server.When I was writing...
  4. My computer freeze when I right-click on picture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Desktop freeze when i right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop freeze when i right click: Everytime i right click on my desktop it freezes and i dont know why. I have the newest drivers for my gpu, windows is updated and the moving background is not the problem because when i shut it off it still does it. https://reddit.com/link/12rqnhh/video/frzaswpqxtua1/player...
  6. Windows explorer freezes when right clicking and hovering over "New"

Windows explorer freezes when right clicking and hovering over "New": It freezes for about 10 seconds, but then it works. I tried many things: using ShellExView to disable extensions, uninstalling some programs, running in safe mode, I used DISM to check for health, nothing worked. Windows is updated, drivers are updated, I don't know what to...
  7. When I right click on my desktop and hover over "New >" my pc freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I right click on my desktop and hover over "New >" my pc freezes: When I right click on my desktop and hover over "New >" my desktop freezes/wont respond and this is a new pc this is like within my first week of using it and now this happens this happened with my old pc and when I factory reset it the problem was resolved but I do not want...
  8. Right Click New Context Freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click New Context Freeze: Hello, I'm still having problems with my context menu when I right click on the desktop and go to "New" It freezes before showing any options. I have uninstalled programs that had placed items in the new context menu so at this moment I only have the default things, but it's...
  9. Right Click "New" freezes system.

Right Click "New" freezes system.: Recently I am facing this issue. whenever I click right click and select new, the menu box or 'context menu' freezes along with the file explorer. It does not happen with other items such as sort by or view by options in the context menu. It only occurs when I click new. It...
  10. laptop freezes when i right click on documents

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop freezes when i right click on documents: not sure weather i am in the right place. this is all very confusing *Confused i have an acer laptop running on windows 10. every time i right click when i am in the documents folder, weather on pictures or music... anything, my laptop freezes and then goes black and...