Windows 10: My laptop frequently restarts itself while I’m on it.

Discus and support My laptop frequently restarts itself while I’m on it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop will restart itself while I am on it. It’s not a blue screen, it just glitches to black and then restarts to my lock screen. This will happen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kjimison, Aug 12, 2019.

1. kjimison Win User

My laptop frequently restarts itself while I’m on it.

My laptop will restart itself while I am on it. It’s not a blue screen, it just glitches to black and then restarts to my lock screen. This will happen at least once a day but has been happening more frequently. It’s not from overheating, I have changed my settings to not shut down due to system failure, and I don’t know what is wrong with it. My disk is at 100% which is why it runs slowly but I’m not sure if it is related to my restarting issue. I don’t know anything about computers but I need this problem to stop because I use my laptop for school. Please help, I have tried so many things over the course of the past couple weeks and it just keeps getting worse.

:)

kjimison, Aug 12, 2019
  2. somvir73 Win User

System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Aug 12, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 12, 2019
  4. My laptop frequently restarts itself while I’m on it.

My Laptop keeps restarting

Hi Charles,

Corruption within the system files is one of the possible reason why your laptop suddenly restarts. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when the computer restarts?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Niranjan Manjhi
    in this thread.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

My laptop frequently restarts itself while I’m on it.

1. My laptop frequently restarts itself while I’m on it. - Similar Threads - laptop frequently restarts

2. My laptop will not restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop will not restart: Hi, running Windows 1809 My HP laptop works fine, however if I try to restart it, it will not it, just sits there on the blue screen with the restarting log and never restarts. I have left it for over an hour with no result. How can I fix this? (I ran the check for...
  3. My PC ran into a problem and restarting frequently.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC ran into a problem and restarting frequently.: My PC is running into a problem and restarting frequently with Error Code - Page error and lilo.sys. How to resolve this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-ran-into-a-problem-and-restarting-frequently/1241abaf-378b-4ae1-b8e6-c3ceadecf434
  4. My Windows 10 destroyed itself on restart

My Windows 10 destroyed itself on restart: So today, I was running Windows 10 version 1511 x64 on a virtual machine. When I restarted it to make a nice video, it destroyed itself???? Everything was gone, the wallpaper etc. and when I restarted again, it said "Recovery" and afterwards it just gave me a blue screen...
  5. The computer restarts itself

The computer restarts itself: Good morning, Dear Sir / Madam, yesterday I also installed Windows 10 Home on my officially licensed home computer, and when I wanted to install the Avast Premier antivirus software, I blew the desktop image and restarted it. I do not know which is the cause. I'm trying to...
  6. My desktop HP Pavilion p6777c has started randomly restarting itself frequently

My desktop HP Pavilion p6777c has started randomly restarting itself frequently: I blew it out with compressed air well. It did seem better for a day or two, but now it is frequently restarting just like it did 2 days or so ago!...
  7. Windows 10 Restarting Itself While Running Matlab

Windows 10 Restarting Itself While Running Matlab: I had been using Matlab on Windows 10 at work and Windows 7 at home. At work, before leaving I often close anything that I can easily close(disconnect, close antivirus and other programs...), set a customized power plan to turn off the display after 1 minute and never put...
  8. Frequent crashes and restarts

Frequent crashes and restarts: Hello, I just built a new system (or really moved an old system to a new motherboard) involving a Foxconn Quantumian1 x79 motherboard and a 3930k processor. On the old system (HP motherboard), I was not having any problems. With the Foxconn, I am having frequent...
  9. Frequent and Random Restarts

Frequent and Random Restarts: A couple months ago, I got a new HP computer with Windows 10. First thing it did was to update Windows. I did manage to transfer all my files and programs, but practically from day 1, I keep getting the BSOD with one of two messages: critical process died or unexpected store...
  10. PC Restarting by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Restarting by itself: Hi my PC had started rebooting without any user input, this seems to be happening only when the PC is not in use. I'll leave the PC with a browser window up or just on the desktop and when I come back a while later it is at the login screen. As far as I can tell...