Windows 10: My laptop frequently restarts itself while I’m on it.

Discus and support My laptop frequently restarts itself while I’m on it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop will restart itself while I am on it. It’s not a blue screen, it just glitches to black and then restarts to my lock screen. This will happen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kjimison, Aug 12, 2019.

1. kjimison Win User

My laptop frequently restarts itself while I’m on it.

My laptop will restart itself while I am on it. It’s not a blue screen, it just glitches to black and then restarts to my lock screen. This will happen at least once a day but has been happening more frequently. It’s not from overheating, I have changed my settings to not shut down due to system failure, and I don’t know what is wrong with it. My disk is at 100% which is why it runs slowly but I’m not sure if it is related to my restarting issue. I don’t know anything about computers but I need this problem to stop because I use my laptop for school. Please help, I have tried so many things over the course of the past couple weeks and it just keeps getting worse.

:)

kjimison, Aug 12, 2019
  2. somvir73 Win User

System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Aug 12, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 12, 2019
  4. My laptop frequently restarts itself while I’m on it.

My Laptop keeps restarting

Hi Charles,

Corruption within the system files is one of the possible reason why your laptop suddenly restarts. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when the computer restarts?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Niranjan Manjhi
    in this thread.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

My laptop frequently restarts itself while I’m on it.

1. My laptop frequently restarts itself while I’m on it. - Similar Threads - laptop frequently restarts

2. Laptop restart itself while idling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restart itself while idling: I have problem with my brand new HP OMEN. It tend to restart it self from time to time when it sit idle. Sometimes it boot back up normally sometimes like last time i had to manually shut it down and turn it back on. Its a shame for such a pricey laptop to behave like this....
  3. Laptop restart itself while idling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restart itself while idling: I have problem with my brand new HP OMEN. It tend to restart it self from time to time when it sit idle. Sometimes it boot back up normally sometimes like last time i had to manually shut it down and turn it back on. Its a shame for such a pricey laptop to behave like this....
  4. This is a frequent problem I’ve had and I’m absolutely sick of it. Restarting doesn’t work...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is a frequent problem I’ve had and I’m absolutely sick of it. Restarting doesn’t work...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/floggingmolly79 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uqwwjg/this_is_a_frequent_problem_ive_had_and_im/
  5. Laptops restarts by itself WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptops restarts by itself WINDOWS 10: HelloMy laptop automatically restarts by itself if I am awar for a while. This started to happen last week, before everthing was ok.Automatic restart is on.Startup type is manual.There are an array of errors in Event Viewver.Tried to understand what in MEMORY.DMP file, could...
  6. My Pc restarts frequently mostly while gaming

My Pc restarts frequently mostly while gaming: This is the msg from the reliability monitor [ Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎1/‎18/‎2021 11:56 AM Status Not reported Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name:...
  7. Laptop keeps locking itself and restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keeps locking itself and restarting: Idk why but my laptop keeps locking itself in the middle of a game but its like my laptop islow on specs, its average running amd ryzen 7 with 8 gb ram but for some odd reason it just lock itself without a warning. Its just too sudden My game runs smoothly but idk why plz...
  8. My laptop keeps locking itself while in use

My laptop keeps locking itself while in use: For whatever reason, my laptop keeps locking itself when I play games, and no, its not overheating. The specs were built to withstand heavy gaming, with a gpu of 1660ti. Whenever it locks itself, it doesn't show any slideshows or pictures. It just shuts down after 2 seconds...
  9. Laptop keeps restarting while I’m in remote access

Laptop keeps restarting while I’m in remote access: I’m trying to work from home by using vmware horizon client to remote access onto my work computer. My home computer works fine for nonremote use, but a blue error screen pops up and restarts my laptop after only a few minutes of using the vmware for remote access. I do not...
  10. Laptop restarting itself -- BSODs -- more frequent after updating Windows 10

Laptop restarting itself -- BSODs -- more frequent after updating Windows 10: I'm not a technical person, so I really don't know where to start. I've tried to pull together information that might be helpful. I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10 Home, Version 1903 OS Build 18362.657. I've had the laptop since October 2018 and a few months ago it...