Windows 10: My Laptop Froze during a Reset

Discus and support My Laptop Froze during a Reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My current laptop is frozen on 47% during a reset and I dont know what to do to fix this. Im too scared too turn it off incase I have to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TimmyTacobell, Aug 15, 2019.

1. My Laptop Froze during a Reset

My current laptop is frozen on 47% during a reset and I dont know what to do to fix this. Im too scared too turn it off incase I have to install windows for $100. Can somebody help me?

:)

TimmyTacobell, Aug 15, 2019

2. Laptop Frozed

Hello,

This could be due to third party application conflicts, driver relates issues or components gets corrupted.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the Laptop?
    • What is the error message that you receive?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

As a basic troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2:

If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the display, graphic and network drivers and check if it helps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

2. In the list of devices, you should see the Display Drivers.

3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

In some computer you may also see graphic drivers installed additionally, in that case, I suggest you to uninstall them by following the same steps provided above. Do the same for the other drivers mentioned in the post.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Clem Win User
    Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

4. n-ster Win User

My Laptop Froze during a Reset

n-ster, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

My Laptop Froze during a Reset

1. My Laptop Froze during a Reset - Similar Threads - Laptop Froze during

2. My lenovo laptop froze while reseting and reinstalling windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My lenovo laptop froze while reseting and reinstalling windows 10.: I was reseting my computer and getting rid of all the files, it asked me if I wanted to do the install over cloud or drive, i picked cloud as i was connected to a decent internet, and every thin was going well until i got to the installation phase and it froze, i tried...
  3. My lenovo laptop froze while reseting and reinstalling windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My lenovo laptop froze while reseting and reinstalling windows 10.: I was reseting my computer and getting rid of all the files, it asked me if I wanted to do the install over cloud or drive, i picked cloud as i was connected to a decent internet, and every thin was going well until i got to the installation phase and it froze, i tried...
  4. Pc froze during reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc froze during reset: Hi I need help my pc froze during a reset and is now stuck at 76% what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-froze-during-reset/d20ac668-32dd-4e62-af7d-1cd76bd7e2c7
  5. Pc froze during reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc froze during reset: Hi I need help my pc froze during a reset and is now stuck at 76% what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-froze-during-reset/d20ac668-32dd-4e62-af7d-1cd76bd7e2c7
  6. Pc froze during reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Laptop froze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop froze: Hello I own a Samsung Laptop with windows 10 it is currently stuck at Samsung logo where it boots up. And It doesn't boot up. I tried holding the power button for 20 second and getting the battery out and putting it back but none of it worked. What should I do? (And please...
  8. Laptop froze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop froze: My laptop is stuck on Acer logo. It rapidly goes black and then shows Acer logo. This repeats and never stops. The only thing accessible is the BIOS menu and noting else works. Please help....
  9. Laptop froze at 34% during resetting

Laptop froze at 34% during resetting: Hi, my Asus laptop was having some issues so I have decided to reset it and it’s now frozen at 34%, been like it for hours, any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-froze-at-34-during-resetting/af8b92e3-5016-4b63-a62a-e7844697e9c1
  10. windows10 update froze during restart

windows10 update froze during restart: A blue screen appeared advising - collecting info and “we’ll restart for you” 100% completed but nothing appears to be happening? The stop code is DRIVER-POWER-STATE-FAILURE. Any ideas what i do now?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp laptop froze up during windows restore