Windows 10: My laptop fully shuts down/signs me out when i shut it

Discus and support My laptop fully shuts down/signs me out when i shut it in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop fully shuts down when i shut its lid/screen... is there anyway to fix it? Model : X441BA Asus computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KaddyPlays., Mar 5, 2020.

1. My laptop fully shuts down/signs me out when i shut it

My laptop fully shuts down when i shut its lid/screen... is there anyway to fix it?

Model : X441BA

Asus computer

:)

KaddyPlays., Mar 5, 2020

2. PC wont shut down fully

By what Nammy states, its built into the PSU.

If you hit the power to shut down, wait a few seconds, does it fully shut down?

sneekypeet, Mar 5, 2020
  3. DonB6 Win User
    shut off button

I don't want to log off. That takes several more steps. I want to shut down. It use to have a list of things to hit but somehow change to sign off or lock. I want the shut down to reappear.

Rogue

DonB6, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Carbo Win User

My laptop fully shuts down/signs me out when i shut it

Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

Hi, Phil. I'm doing what I've always done: slide the cursor to the lower left screen and click on Shut Down. But instead of shutting down the laptop responds as if I hit Restart.
    Just tried your suggestion and hit shift but it made no difference. Laptop rebooted.

Carbo, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

My laptop fully shuts down/signs me out when i shut it

1. My laptop fully shuts down/signs me out when i shut it - Similar Threads - laptop fully shuts

2. Computer won't fully shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't fully shut down: Simply put, my computer won't fully shut down for some reason. I select to shut down the computer and it seems to shut down as it always does. However, LEDs, Fans, etc. are still running while my monitor shows no connection to the computer. I've seen that people suggested...
  3. My laptop automatically signs me out whenever I shut down my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop automatically signs me out whenever I shut down my laptop?: Whenever I shut down my Laptop or put it on sleep mode and re-open it, it signs me out of many apps like mail account, excels, word, PowerPoint presentation. etc, it also happens to the mail account I have signed in not in google chrome but in the app of mail. What should I...
  4. Problems with my pc not shutting down fully

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with my pc not shutting down fully: So after the latest windows update my PC has been having a problem. What happens is my pc will say its shutting down but the lights will stay on and my fans keep running but I cant gain back access to it unless I hold the power button down and turn it back on. So it ends up...
  5. PC not fully shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC not fully shutting down: When I shut down my computer, my monitor loses signal but my pc stays on and doesn't fully shut down. This forces me to shut it down using the power button on the case, which I don't like doing cause I've heard it can cause harm. I have tried updating my graphics card...
  6. My desktop PC won't sign out when I shut down.

in Windows 10 Support
    My desktop PC won't sign out when I shut down.: When I shut down with Start Menu > Power icon > shut down, my PC doesn't seem to sign off properly before shutting down. I know because when I turn on again and sign in with a different user, task manager shows the previous user as still signed on (but "disconnected"). Yet,...
  7. Windows 10 signing me out of apps when I shut down computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 signing me out of apps when I shut down computer: Recently, everytime I shut my computer down, I am signed out of everything on Google Chrome, none of my passwords are saving. As well as when I turn the computer on, I am signed out of Outlook, and all of my Adobe Creative Cloud Suite apps. No idea what happened or how I can...
  8. Laptop not fully shutting down - draining the battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not fully shutting down - draining the battery: About half the time when I shut down my laptop, everything on the screen cycles like every correct shut down and the screen goes dark, but the LED 'on' light stays on and the unit keeps running (without any sound) and eventually drains the battery. I do nothing different than...
  9. Laptop shutting down when unplugged even when fully charged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutting down when unplugged even when fully charged: It started to happen after a month when i bought the laptop. I factory reset it to see if it would help and it worked normally for about 30 minutes then it shut down. Now i have to keep it plugged in all the time. Please help...
  10. pc not fully shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc not fully shutting down: i recently built my new computer but everytime i shut down the gpu and fans and monitor doesnt shut down, only windows. when i try to restart to download drivers (i had to download them on an existing computer) when it starts to turn back on its just a black screen so i have...