Windows 10: My laptop gets weird after I connect an USB keyboard

Discus and support My laptop gets weird after I connect an USB keyboard in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Some of my laptop keyboard's keys stopped working, so I bought an USB keyboard to replace it. I don't know how to turn the original keyboard off, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cauã Ramos, Dec 6, 2023.

1. My laptop gets weird after I connect an USB keyboard

Some of my laptop keyboard's keys stopped working, so I bought an USB keyboard to replace it. I don't know how to turn the original keyboard off, but the USB one worked just by connecting it, so I didn't bother to turn the laptop keyboard off. However, around 30 minutes after that, my laptop started randomly writing backwards when I would write using the connected keyboard and I also couldn't scroll any sites, as they would just go back to the top immediately; but if I press any key in the original laptop keyboard, it goes back to normal for a few more minutes, only to come back some minutes a

:)

Cauã Ramos, Dec 6, 2023

2. USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

My laptop gets weird after I connect an USB keyboard

1. My laptop gets weird after I connect an USB keyboard - Similar Threads - laptop gets weird

2. USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in: Hola,No funciona correctamente el plug and play con mi telcadoNormalmente los dispositivos USB son "Plug & Play", debería conectarse si se desconecta y se enchufa, pero no fue así. El teclado funciona, así que intente reiniciar la máquina con el teclado ya conectado. En ese...
  3. My laptop gets weird after I connect an USB keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop gets weird after I connect an USB keyboard: Some of my laptop keyboard's keys stopped working, so I bought an USB keyboard to replace it. I don't know how to turn the original keyboard off, but the USB one worked just by connecting it, so I didn't bother to turn the laptop keyboard off. However, around 30 minutes after...
  4. Laptop keyboard acting weird!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard acting weird!: My keyboard keys won't type anything but 't' and 'y' from the first row of letters. The other two rows below work well and all other letters type in. But in the first row of letters only those two type in but not the others! And when I use another keyboard via USB, they do...
  5. Laptop keyboard acting weird!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard acting weird!: My keyboard keys won't type anything but 't' and 'y' from the first row of letters. The other two rows below work well and all other letters type in. But in the first row of letters only those two type in but not the others! And when I use another keyboard via USB, they do...
  6. Laptop keyboard acting weird!

7. Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse

Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse: Hi. I recently started using an external usb keyboard and bluetooth mouse on my Dell Latitude 7280 laptop Windows 10 Pro. After few hours use laptop keyboard and touchpad stopped working. I checked Device manager and the I2C Hid device has a yellow warning. There are also a...
  8. Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard and touchpad not working after I use external usb keyboard and mouse: Hi. I recently started using an external usb keyboard and bluetooth mouse on my Dell Latitude 7280 laptop Windows 10 Pro. After few hours use laptop keyboard and touchpad stopped working. I checked Device manager and the I2C Hid device has a yellow warning. There are also a...
  9. USB Keyboard acting weird

USB Keyboard acting weird: I have a Surface book 3 15 inch for my work. For that i run WSL2. Since couple of weeks i experience very strange behaviour with my external keyboard i am using a Vortex Race 3. So whenever i start listening to music via the spotify app, or the webplayer, my keyboard input...
  10. USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in

USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in: Hi, I am using this PC HP for 2 years with same USB keyboard Dell, suddenly yesterday the keyboard was not working, normally USB devices are "Plug & Play" it should connect if unplug and plugged-in but it didn't work so give a try to reboot the machine then keyboard...