Windows 10: My laptop goes off suddenly since Windows 10 Update Version 1809

Discus and support My laptop goes off suddenly since Windows 10 Update Version 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the feature update to Windows 10 (version 1809) got automatically installed on my laptop, I have been experiencing sudden shut downs when I am in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IsaacAsante, Mar 15, 2019.

1. My laptop goes off suddenly since Windows 10 Update Version 1809

Since the feature update to Windows 10 (version 1809) got automatically installed on my laptop, I have been experiencing sudden shut downs when I am in battery mode. My battery could be almost full, and while I'm using my laptop, it would suddenly go off as if I forced a total shut down by pressing and holding the power button. I then have to plug in my adapter and start my laptop all over again. My battery has never shown any inconsistency, and everything seemed perfectly fine until the Windows 10 October Update (version 1809) that got installed on February 26, 2019.

Can anyone please offer a solution on how this can be fixed? Or is that an issue that Microsoft is aware of and working on?

:)

IsaacAsante, Mar 15, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

My laptop goes off suddenly since Windows 10 Update Version 1809

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

My laptop goes off suddenly since Windows 10 Update Version 1809

1. My laptop goes off suddenly since Windows 10 Update Version 1809 - Similar Threads - laptop goes off

2. Windows 10 Pro Has No Been Able To Version Update Since 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Has No Been Able To Version Update Since 1809: I Have an Alienware 17R4 running WinPro 1809 17763.379 that fails version updates and many of the security updates. I hoped that newer versions would be better but, alas no.I updated all the drivers, uninstalled everything that might get in the way, shut off/disabled any...
  3. Windows not updating since 1809

Windows not updating since 1809: Hi, My windows has not been updating since version 1809 17763.1339, which will lose support soon. Every time I try to update the first phases work fine but on the last restart it gets stuck on the boot logo after which I have to force reset it, which causes the update to...
  4. Update windows 10 to 1809 version

Update windows 10 to 1809 version: Hi, How do i update my windows 10 to a specific version? I have 1607 version installed and want to update it to 1809 version. If I used media creation tools to upgrade my PC, will I able to choose which version or does it automatically install the latest version? Thanks,...
  5. why is my Toshiba laptop not updating to version 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    why is my Toshiba laptop not updating to version 1809: why is my Toshiba laptop not updating to version 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delacree/9b7af48c-3471-4301-a789-9951a39fb662"
  6. Win+Tab slower since Windows 10 update to 1809 version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win+Tab slower since Windows 10 update to 1809 version: Hi, Not a big deal but the "Win+Tab" switcher is not as fast as it was in 1709, the version I come from. The windows take one second to start their animation and reduce their size into tiles, then a freeze occurs over two or three seconds before being fully operational....
  7. update to windows 10 1809 version

update to windows 10 1809 version: i am not able to download windows 10 updater version 1809 via windows update option. it gives an Error 0x80d06802. it starts but stops automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-10-1809-version/607ac241-ca94-485d-bc7d-c30c996af9de
  8. update to 10 pro version 1809 ruined my laptop

update to 10 pro version 1809 ruined my laptop: I used win 10 update assistant to upgrade from 10 1703 to 1809. My first reboot after this resulted in a message " no bootable device" and it is stuck there permanently. When i use F12 key there are n0 booting devices. Now the computer is not recognizing DVD or USB. The hard...
  9. Windows auto-update problem since WIN10 version 1809

Windows auto-update problem since WIN10 version 1809: Since update to WIN10 version 1809 , Windows auto-update cannot write to backup HDD anymore. Error 0x80070013 pops up with remark that medium is write protected…… (medium = backup HDD). Writing 'manually' to backup HDD works fine , so HDD is far from 'write' protected....
  10. Backup Fails since Windows 10, version 1809 update

Backup Fails since Windows 10, version 1809 update: Since the update, my backup will not complete. I checked the Event view and it says. "The backup was not successful. The error is: The media is write protected. (0x80070013)." How do I resolve this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 goes off after 15 minutes since 1809