Windows 10: My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

Discus and support My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My GPU is crashing while playing games. Screens flicker after 10 seconds of Nvidia GPU comes to use and it just vanishes from the taskbar and task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RishavPandit, Jan 14, 2022.

1. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

My GPU is crashing while playing games. Screens flicker after 10 seconds of Nvidia GPU comes to use and it just vanishes from the taskbar and task manager. After the restart, it comes back and the same thing happens when launching games.I had used DDU then also nothing changes.the same thing happenslaptop - Acer aspire 7 A715 - 75GGPU - GTX 1650ram - 16GB 4GB gddr6drivers are up to dated

:)

RishavPandit, Jan 14, 2022

2. Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games

Hey all,

I have had an issue for the last few months, specifically when trying to play Rocket League, where between 5-20 minutes into playing, both of my monitors will go black and my GPU fan will kick to 100%. I can't remember if this coincided with any NVIDIA driver updates, but any subsequent updates have not helped. I am currently running the latest NVIDIA driver version (441.66).

Here are some of the troubleshooting steps that I have taken for this:

• RAM
    • Ran Memtest64 overnight, ensuring that 100% RAM utilization. No errors were returned.
    • Reseated the RAM, blowing out the slots to ensure no blockages.
    • Tested different memory slots on the board.
    • Swapped out RAM with new RAM from Microcenter, no improvements.
    • RAM was originally OC'd to 3200 MHz via XMP. I turned this off and the RAM is running at stock speeds listed above.
    • BIOS
    • Updated BIOS to the latest version
    • Performed a Clean Boot and attempted to play. Game still crashed out within the first match or so.
    • GPU
    • Updated all drivers
    • Updated drivers, including a complete DDU uninstall/reinstall.
    • Swapped power cables from the PSU
    • Moved GPU to lower PCI-E slot
    • Reseated the GPU, blowing out the slot after reseating
    • Deleted the video driver from Control Panel
    • Storage
    • Ran chkdsk with no errors
    • Ran defragmentation on the HDD and Trim on the SSDs
    • Ran sfc /scannow with no issues
    • Game Files
    • Ran validator on game files (as a note here, after one crash, I ran the validator and it corrected one file. However, I played a game immediately after and crashed. Running the validator after that crash had no files fixed)
    • Installed the game on all three storage devices

I have attached the BSOD logs. Please assist!

bmduffy2020, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games

I would suggest going back to at least the October version:

My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games. [​IMG]

Ztruker, Jan 14, 2022
  4. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

i have a gaming laptop that crashes during games

Hi,

A corrupted profile is one of the possible reasons why your computer crashes when playing a game. For us to provide proper resolution, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you having this issue with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this concern?
    • Were you able to play a game before without any problem while the charger is plugged in?

Wilfred Mac, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

1. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games. - Similar Threads - laptop gpu crashing

2. Laptop gpu crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop gpu crashing while playing games: The problem started a week ago. Laptop crashed and gave BSOD with video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error and restarted itself and after restart the gpu wasn't listed in anywhere. Today I found out that everything functions normally when laptop isn't plugged in, I can play games or browse...
  3. Laptop gpu crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop gpu crashing while playing games: The problem started a week ago. Laptop crashed and gave BSOD with video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error and restarted itself and after restart the gpu wasn't listed in anywhere. Today I found out that everything functions normally when laptop isn't plugged in, I can play games or browse...
  4. GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers: I'm using a GTX 940MX but it crashes and gives a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while playing games. It worked before and I formatted my laptop multiple time due to this. When it crashes I have to use safe mode to disable it but when I enable it again I get the same error. I did...
  5. GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers: I'm using a GTX 940MX but it crashes and gives a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while playing games. It worked before and I formatted my laptop multiple time due to this. When it crashes I have to use safe mode to disable it but when I enable it again I get the same error. I did...
  6. GPU randomly crashing while playing games and fully corrupting my GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.: My GPU is crashing while playing games. Screens flicker after 10 seconds of Nvidia GPU comes to use and it just vanishes from the taskbar and task manager. After the restart, it comes back and the same thing happens when launching games.I had used DDU then also nothing...
  8. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.: My GPU is crashing while playing games. Screens flicker after 10 seconds of Nvidia GPU comes to use and it just vanishes from the taskbar and task manager. After the restart, it comes back and the same thing happens when launching games.I had used DDU then also nothing...
  9. My Windows 10 laptop crashed while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 laptop crashed while playing games: CPU: AMD A8-4500M APU BIOS: American Megatrends Inc., 217,9-7-2012 RAM:: 4GB OS recently upgraded to Windows 10 v2004 (OS Build 19041.508) Laptop crashed while playing Microsoft Solitare Collection The log file is attached here. Please let me know the reason for crash and...
  10. GPU Crashing while playing or browsing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU Crashing while playing or browsing: When i start playing any game in fullscreen or when i launch the browser, i get a BSOD with atikmpag.sys error. 76498