Windows 10: My laptop had a BSOD after latest Windows Update

Discus and support My laptop had a BSOD after latest Windows Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnFclxUdjIvwkF6ptPLX-K3SoIoE?e=sXC4G8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gregory Messerman, Aug 24, 2019.

1. My laptop had a BSOD after latest Windows Update

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnFclxUdjIvwkF6ptPLX-K3SoIoE?e=sXC4G8

:)

Gregory Messerman, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Windows Update (BSOD)

Hi Guys.
    I have Built a Machine for Crunching a few days ago and I have some issues with Windows Update.

I have installed all Windows Updates but there are around 9 left without been installed becasue everytime i try to install it the Machine Crash and I get a BSOD, can someone tell me what could be causing that Windows Updates makes a Machine crash and get BSOD?

Cheers.

Knoxx29, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, Aug 24, 2019
  4. alexsubri Win User

My laptop had a BSOD after latest Windows Update

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    My laptop had a BSOD after latest Windows Update [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

My laptop had a BSOD after latest Windows Update

1. My laptop had a BSOD after latest Windows Update - Similar Threads - laptop BSOD latest

2. I recently had windows 11 latest update on my laptop and now my microphone is not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently had windows 11 latest update on my laptop and now my microphone is not working...: When I tested my microphone, the result was not more than 19% also, the troubleshooting tool is no longer available. I have updated my microphone driver as well but it still does not work. It is so annoying, I am a student and have to deal with online meetings frequently,...
  3. BSOD After latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD After latest Windows Update: Hi, I replaced my hard drive to a ssd about a month ago and it was causing Bsods. So I changed from Raid to AHCI to fix the issue. Everything has been going good ever since but since this new windows update i'm getting constant BSODS after about 30 mins - 1 hour. The error...
  4. BSOD after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after latest update: Yesterday, windows update prompted me to install an update for an Intel driver. I clicked "install", and a few seconds later, my laptop crashed with a BSOD. The code was PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR. Now, the computer never finishes booting, and crashes every time. Inside...
  5. BSOD after latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after latest Windows Update: I am getting very frequent and annoying BSOD error, which stay at 0%. What is causing it seems to be the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. The question is how do i fix it? I tried reinstalling drivers/software and pretty much everything, including the BIOS legacy update. I also...
  6. Bsod after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bsod after latest update: Title says it all did lastest update and now can’t even boot my pc it crashes every time. Have tried to get into safe boot but it just goes to bios and I don’t know what to do from there submitted by /u/mourningwood2 [link] [comments]...
  7. BSOD problems after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD problems after latest windows update: 19th of october 2020 I installed a windows update, tthe day after I got a BSOD problem INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. I tried uninstalling the update using: dsim.exe /image:d:\ /remove-package/packagename:Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~19041.508.1.9 I keep...
  8. BSOD Windows 10 After Update to Latest

BSOD Windows 10 After Update to Latest: Hi there, Can anyone tell me whats the issue which is causing my computer crash often after I updated? I have attached my minidump. https://www.dropbox.com/s/stj24cdiz26yr8n/100920-14468-01.dmp?dl=0 Thanks....
  9. Laptop not working after latest update

Laptop not working after latest update: Hello everyone! On 04-09-2020, I put my laptop on an update & restart following which I got a blue screen error saying "Your PC did not start properly". I opted for restart but got the same error again. The Automatic Repair started as soon as I powered on my laptop which...
  10. BSOD after latest update

BSOD after latest update: Hi i noticed the device started to get daily BSOD Using Windows Reliablity i noticed it started after failed update on 11th July https://prnt.sc/thhjpn I used BlueScreenViewer https://prnt.sc/thhi6p trying to understand more, found ntoskrnl.exe is repeated Here is dump...