Windows 10: My laptop had a BSOD after latest Windows Update

Discus and support My laptop had a BSOD after latest Windows Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnFclxUdjIvwkF6ptPLX-K3SoIoE?e=sXC4G8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gregory Messerman, Aug 24, 2019.

1. My laptop had a BSOD after latest Windows Update

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnFclxUdjIvwkF6ptPLX-K3SoIoE?e=sXC4G8

:)

Gregory Messerman, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Windows Update (BSOD)

Hi Guys.
    I have Built a Machine for Crunching a few days ago and I have some issues with Windows Update.

I have installed all Windows Updates but there are around 9 left without been installed becasue everytime i try to install it the Machine Crash and I get a BSOD, can someone tell me what could be causing that Windows Updates makes a Machine crash and get BSOD?

Cheers.

Knoxx29, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Laptop turns unusable after latest windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community.

We have to make sure that the Windows Update is installed properly on your laptop. To check if it is installed already, please follow these steps:

• Press the Win + I buttons.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click View installed update history. The latest update should have been installed and dated last week.
    If your laptop does not have the latest update yet, you can manually get the update by following the above steps 1 and 2, then select
    Check update.

In case that your laptop has already the latest Windows Update installed, please follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link

Let us know if any issues arise.

Emmanuel Gam, Aug 24, 2019
  4. alexsubri Win User

My laptop had a BSOD after latest Windows Update

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    My laptop had a BSOD after latest Windows Update [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

My laptop had a BSOD after latest Windows Update

1. My laptop had a BSOD after latest Windows Update - Similar Threads - laptop BSOD latest

2. My Laptop is working very slow after the windows 10 latest updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop is working very slow after the windows 10 latest updates: Can anyone help how to overcome, My Laptop is working very slow after the windows 10 latest updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-working-very-slow-after-the-windows/cab176d0-32fe-42cc-8081-02595b5e9e52
  3. Latest update freezes my laptop

Latest update freezes my laptop: Once again, the latest update has caused an issue with my laptop. Since the update, every time my laptop goes into its power saving mode, on awakening the wireless network adapter has to be reset. Or it freezes, in black screen, and must be forced to power down. Why, oh...
  4. Latest Windows Update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows Update broke my laptop: The latest windows update (1903 i believe) caused such a mess on my PC that I was forced to reimage the laptop yet again. 1. I was unable to access the settings panel because it kept crashing. Tried multiple online suggestions on resetting the settings app to no avail. 2....
  5. Latest update broke my laptop

Latest update broke my laptop: Hi I was forced to install the latest windows update on my Lenovo Yoga 920 and now I have BSOD. I have tried every single option that windows gives in an effort to fix it, including a full reset of windows which immediately fails every time. Now I have no way to study for...
  6. Latest update freezes my laptop

Latest update freezes my laptop: Hi everyone, when I installed the last MS major update on the weekend my laptop kept freezing. After wasting a whole day trying to solve the problem with all of the troubleshooting options for DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION, I finally resorted yesterday to restore the previous...
  7. Latest Windows 10 update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update broke my laptop: My HP ENVY Sleekbook 4-1047tx laptop running Windows 10 Home received major Windows updates recently and then the following developments happened in the last 2 days: my wifi kept getting disconnected every 2 minutes even after troubleshooting; then BSOD error:...
  8. my laptops are running very slow after the latest windows 1903 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptops are running very slow after the latest windows 1903 update: My laptops have significantly slowed down after the latest windows update. I check internet speed and that's working fine. did other encounter the same problem? any solution?...
  9. Latest update on my laptop..terrible

Latest update on my laptop..terrible: Help Latest update May 2019 on my laptop changed all my settings and wont let me put them back. Every reboot I have to start over. Files folders like pictures are empty. Had to find them with a *.jpg search. How do I reset this so it sticks. This is like having...
  10. Latest update for 1803 bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update for 1803 bricked my laptop.: There were two updates waiting for me today. An NVIDIA update which installed OK and the laptop ran fine afterwards, then an update for Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I left it to update and reboot and then I came back to a BSOD. I restarted and I got a message 'Diagnosing PC' then a...