Windows 10: My laptop has 16gb of ram available, yet whenever I open task manager I see that 5.4gb out...

Discus and support My laptop has 16gb of ram available, yet whenever I open task manager I see that 5.4gb out... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Below are the specifications and the current available memory, looking at the processes there's nothing there that would total up to a third of my ram.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VMP13, Aug 31, 2021.

1. VMP13 Win User

My laptop has 16gb of ram available, yet whenever I open task manager I see that 5.4gb out...

Below are the specifications and the current available memory, looking at the processes there's nothing there that would total up to a third of my ram.

:)

VMP13, Aug 31, 2021
  2. JackB9824 Win User

Ram on Task manager

Recently bought a Lenovo laptop from pc world which has 4GB or ram but task manager shows the Laptop as having 8GB of ram. Anyone know why this might be?

JackB9824, Aug 31, 2021
  3. Ram on Task manager

Roharashraj™, Aug 31, 2021
  4. My laptop has 16gb of ram available, yet whenever I open task manager I see that 5.4gb out...

Ram on Task manager

My laptop has 16gb of ram available, yet whenever I open task manager I see that 5.4gb out... 37453b15-0af4-4534-a5f6-2861615fdc71.png

1* - You have 2 RAM of 4GB

2* - Task Manager shows you have 8GB

3* - 3.8GB(in use) + 3.8GB(cached) + 0.624MB(Hardware Reserved) + 0.230MB(Pool) = 8GB(approx. more)

Note:

• 1GB = 1024MB
    • It seems you have more than 8GB RAM
    • You might be using any RAM Boost Software

Roharashraj™, Aug 31, 2021
Thema:

My laptop has 16gb of ram available, yet whenever I open task manager I see that 5.4gb out...

1. My laptop has 16gb of ram available, yet whenever I open task manager I see that 5.4gb out... - Similar Threads - laptop has 16gb

2. Why does task manager show 50% ram available out of 16GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does task manager show 50% ram available out of 16GB: I have an HP Pavillion laptop with an I5 1135G7 Memory It says 7.7 GB in Use 8 gigs available. Under GPU it says .6 of 7.9 GB shared memory. My question is, is the shared memory for the GPU the reason taskman tells me i only have half my RAM available. For clarity see...
  3. Why does task manager show 50% ram available out of 16GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does task manager show 50% ram available out of 16GB: I have an HP Pavillion laptop with an I5 1135G7 Memory It says 7.7 GB in Use 8 gigs available. Under GPU it says .6 of 7.9 GB shared memory. My question is, is the shared memory for the GPU the reason taskman tells me i only have half my RAM available. For clarity see...
  4. I installed 16gb of ram but task manager only a says 8gb of ram is installed, how do I fix...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I installed 16gb of ram but task manager only a says 8gb of ram is installed, how do I fix...: I just got an 16gb of ram dual channel kit for my computer I followed the installation instructions and installed the ram properly. Then powered my computer on went to task manager and it only said I had 8gb of ram installed. Just need help get both 8gb sticks of ram to work....
  5. I installed 16gb of ram but task manager only a says 8gb of ram is installed, how do I fix...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed 16gb of ram but task manager only a says 8gb of ram is installed, how do I fix...: I just got an 16gb of ram dual channel kit for my computer I followed the installation instructions and installed the ram properly. Then powered my computer on went to task manager and it only said I had 8gb of ram installed. Just need help get both 8gb sticks of ram to work....
  6. I installed 16gb of ram but task manager only a says 8gb of ram is installed, how do I fix...

7. I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?: I have an omen 17 laptop from 2019 I believe with 16gb ram and since I upgraded to windows 11 my task manager is only showing that I have 8 gb of ram. the problem seems to come and go randomly....
  8. I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?

I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?: I have an omen 17 laptop from 2019 I believe with 16gb ram and since I upgraded to windows 11 my task manager is only showing that I have 8 gb of ram. the problem seems to come and go randomly....
  9. 8Gb Ram yet BIOS only shows 4Gb of RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    8Gb Ram yet BIOS only shows 4Gb of RAM: Okay so, Yesterday I cleaned my RAM sticks with a cloth 2x 4GB and placed them back in the slots. I then, went to BIOS and it shows that both of my slots are in use I only have 2 slots but when I checked the memory on BIOS, it only shows 4GB which should be 8Gb and as...
  10. 8gb out of 16gb of my ram is Usable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb out of 16gb of my ram is Usable?: So For the Past 2 days I've been trying to fix my computer ever since I got a new Processor for Christmas. I've tried every solution and nothing has worked. Please help 1.Set VM to 0 in Boot Settings 2. Reduced VM in Performance settings 3.Checked my ram physically and...