Windows 10: My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it

Discus and support My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I look up Wi-fi devices from my phone, I can see a device with my laptop's name on it. I cannot connect to it as it is password protected. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeepumPoudel, Apr 30, 2022.

1. My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it

When I look up Wi-fi devices from my phone, I can see a device with my laptop's name on it. I cannot connect to it as it is password protected. The Wi-fi hotspot from my settings is off. And when I turn it on, another hotspot appears. And the previous one disappears.I tried finding apps that could have caused it and uninstall them, but none of it worked. Is there a way for me to know what is causing this issue?

:)

DeepumPoudel, Apr 30, 2022

2. Turning Off Hotspot?

I'm having issues with my computer not turning off Wifi Hotspot. I've tried going into Network and WiFi settings and everything is switched to "off," but I can still see my laptop on the WiFi lists of my laptop and other devices such as my phone and iPad.

Any other suggestions on how to turn it off and keep it from appearing on any devices?

FearthePhenom, Apr 30, 2022
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Apr 30, 2022
  4. My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it

Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Apr 30, 2022
Thema:

My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it

1. My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it - Similar Threads - laptop has hotspot

2. My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it: When I look up Wi-fi devices from my phone, I can see a device with my laptop's name on it. I cannot connect to it as it is password protected. The Wi-fi hotspot from my settings is off. And when I turn it on, another hotspot appears. And the previous one disappears.I tried...
  3. My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it: When I look up Wi-fi devices from my phone, I can see a device with my laptop's name on it. I cannot connect to it as it is password protected. The Wi-fi hotspot from my settings is off. And when I turn it on, another hotspot appears. And the previous one disappears.I tried...
  4. My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bluetooth is off but can't find how to turn it on??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth is off but can't find how to turn it on??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/askinforafriend [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkd7uj/bluetooth_is_off_but_cant_find_how_to_turn_it_on/
  6. Cellular turned off and I can't turn it on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cellular turned off and I can't turn it on: Hi, I have a Dell Latitude 7390 and just got a DW5811e x7 lte card to be able to use cellular on the laptop, but I can't seem to be able to activate it. I downloaded a driver for it from the Dell support page, I have ran Dell command | Update to see if that find anything....
  7. My laptop keeps giving off hotspot but i have it turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop keeps giving off hotspot but i have it turned off: My laptop gives off hotspot of name "DIRECT_......." even though hotspot is off in networks. Will anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-giving-off-hotspot-but-i-have-it/5101b422-2d45-4874-9b98-377504bcdca5
  8. Mobile hotspot turning off!

Mobile hotspot turning off!: Hello, I have a laptop with windows ten on it, and I have been using mobile hotspot for quite awhile to connect other devices to the internet with out any problems. However for the last two days my mobile hotspot keeps turning off for no reason when it used to stay on...
  9. can't turn on mobile hotspot

can't turn on mobile hotspot: I can't turn on my mobile hotspot even though it's connected to wifi and allow internet connection sharing is checked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-mobile-hotspot/6a8750ad-f3a3-4aaf-a401-bf7e3de69c91
  10. I can't turn on hotspot

I can't turn on hotspot: When I want to share my laptop internet with others through hotspo, I found that Hotspot can't be turned on. Could you please help me to fix this issue?...