Windows 10: My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem

Discus and support My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem that I can use to connect to the internet with a SIM card. I wonder if I can send SMS / USSD code with it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Olive, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Olive Win User

My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem

My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem that I can use to connect to the internet with a SIM card. I wonder if I can send SMS / USSD code with it under Windows 10. I know it is technically possible since it works under Linux (with modem-manager-gui). I need to send SMS to recharge my credit or have the remaining credit, etc.

:)

Olive, Jul 1, 2018

2. GSM Network request

Thank you offenmeier for suggestion with sms. Actually I found a solution, software is called Logiccode and it can send USSD code like *121# to request prepaid balance. Ussd request is for free, and then I received sms I have to read with Nokia Social Hub
    which by the way is a disaster in terms of software, sometimes it displays that modem is powered off or no 3G connection even when connection is established.

vonJack---01, Jul 1, 2018
  3. aartig14 Win User
    Sending SMS from a PPC emulator through a built-in GSM modem

Hi all!

I am trying to create an application for Pocket PC 2003 using C#, to send an SMS by connecting a built-in GSM modem through the USB port. I have found a library called SMSLib, which contains all the functions for sending n receiving an SMS through a GSM modem
    connected via USB.

I wrote a desktop appln. initially, to check whether the library works. It worked out successfully on the desktop app.

Now i have written the same code in a PPC2003 C# project, but it is not working.

The port to which i have connected the modem is not getting detected on the emulator. Because of this it is givin me an IOException.

Plz. can sumone tel me wat i should do, so that the port gets detected on the emulator???????????

N yes, I have also tried using ActiveSync, but No Luck!! May be it is not useful, or may be I dont know how to use it.

PLEASE help me out... Plz....

Thank You!

aartig14, Jul 1, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

You can now send SMS from the new Skype v8.13

Source: You can now send SMS from the new Skype - Microsoft Community

Brink, Jul 1, 2018
Thema:

1. My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem - Similar Threads - laptop has integrated

2. USB Modem Has No Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Modem Has No Audio: I have a new USB Modem believed to be Conexant which I use for dial-out on Windows 11. It appears to dial out correctly but produces NO AUDIO. This makes the device useless as I don't know when to pick up the phone. I have tried many fixes, having Windows search for the best...
  3. USB Modem Has No Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Modem Has No Audio: I have a new USB Modem believed to be Conexant which I use for dial-out on Windows 11. It appears to dial out correctly but produces NO AUDIO. This makes the device useless as I don't know when to pick up the phone. I have tried many fixes, having Windows search for the best...
  4. Laptop not reading modem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not reading modem: ; Windows Virtual Serial Port Setup File ; Copyright c 2010,2011,2012,2013 Huawei Incorporated ; Manufacturer: Huawei Incorporated ; ; This INF file installs a virtual COM port on Win2K system. [Version] signature = "$WINDOWS NT$" Class = Ports Provider = %HUAWEI% ClassGuid =...
  5. Laptop not reading modem

Laptop not reading modem: ; Windows Virtual Serial Port Setup File ; Copyright c 2010,2011,2012,2013 Huawei Incorporated ; Manufacturer: Huawei Incorporated ; ; This INF file installs a virtual COM port on Win2K system. [Version] signature = "$WINDOWS NT$" Class = Ports Provider = %HUAWEI% ClassGuid =...
  6. Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows...: Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows Version is Windows 11 Home, the latest. I am sorry to tell that I cannot get this Fax Modem installed. When I try Windows Fax and Scan - the message in the is: Sorry, you cannot send a fax...
  7. Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows...

Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows...: Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows Version is Windows 11 Home, the latest. I am sorry to tell that I cannot get this Fax Modem installed. When I try Windows Fax and Scan - the message in the is: Sorry, you cannot send a fax...
  8. Wifi modem getting restarted connected to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi modem getting restarted connected to my laptop: Hi Good Day Everyone !I'm having a problem laptop - Lenovo ideapad 330 When I tried to connect my laptop to our Router, the router suddenly restarts by itself and disconnects everyone connected to it , and keeps repeating when the Laptop is on. But when i shutdown the laptop...
  9. my laptop integrated camera is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop integrated camera is not working: I have brought a new laptop recently ,everything worked fine but few days ago the camera stopped working, there is a camera symbol with / over it. there isn't any error message when opened . I tried updating the drivers ,uninstalling the drivers and re-installing it ,I also...
  10. Send SMS USSD with a gsm modem

in Windows 10 Support
    Send SMS USSD with a gsm modem: My laptop has an integrated GSM (HSPDA) modem that I can use to connect to the internet with a SIM card. I wonder if I can send SMS / USSD code with it under Windows 10. I know it is technically possible since it works under Linux (with modem-manager-gui). I need to send SMS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hspda gsm software

2. send sms integrqted hspda modem