Windows 10: My laptop has been crashing randomly

Discus and support My laptop has been crashing randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop has been crashing randomly. youtube, games, just turning it on There has been 2 stop codes that I see; ''Thread stuck in device driver''... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MuhammadAnwar7, May 21, 2020.

1. My laptop has been crashing randomly

My laptop has been crashing randomly. youtube, games, just turning it on

There has been 2 stop codes that I see; ''Thread stuck in device driver'' and ''DPC Watchdog Violation''

I just bought this laptop and the only thing I've done is installed an extra 8GB of RAM.

I've read a few similar problems and I have updated drivers and I have ran the memory test but it still randomly crashes.

I really need help and I'm willing to go through it step-by-step.

Thank You!

Attached is the error report:

My laptop has been crashing randomly 29c62f2d-3f40-41fa-8122-c69b9bb09e4e?upload=true.png

:)

MuhammadAnwar7, May 21, 2020

2. Laptop crashing randomly after upgrade Windows 10

I have recently upgraded my laptop OS to Windows 10 from Win 7 Home Premium. Since then laptop is crashing randomly but gets restarted after Power on without any error msg. Otherwise I do not face any problem with general operation. Even when downloading
    is done or the laptop is idling , it does not shut down .

Please suggest means to get over the problem . I am apprehensive that with frequent crashing , Hard disk may fail.

SubirGhoshSX, May 21, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 21, 2020
  4. Naby Win User

My laptop has been crashing randomly

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Thema:

My laptop has been crashing randomly

1. My laptop has been crashing randomly - Similar Threads - laptop has been

2. Pc has been randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc has been randomly crashing: Just installed a used Gigabyte 8GB OC edition 3070ti GDDR6, along with a 80+ White 700w Power supply. And ever since the replacement parts were installed I have been having issues with both monitors shutting off while my pc has lights and fans on and I still receive audio...
  3. Pc has been randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc has been randomly crashing: Just installed a used Gigabyte 8GB OC edition 3070ti GDDR6, along with a 80+ White 700w Power supply. And ever since the replacement parts were installed I have been having issues with both monitors shutting off while my pc has lights and fans on and I still receive audio...
  4. Pc has been randomly crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My computer has been crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been crashed: After all the efforts, all I get is this screen.Don't know the reason of this cause.Hoping that you will help me in this matter.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-been-crashed/ab819ff8-da0d-4cf9-b35c-d90a30d17736
  6. My computer has been crashed

My computer has been crashed: After all the efforts, all I get is this screen.Don't know the reason of this cause.Hoping that you will help me in this matter.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-been-crashed/ab819ff8-da0d-4cf9-b35c-d90a30d17736
  7. My computer has been crashed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My computer has been crashing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been crashing randomly: My computer has been crashing every other day or so. I've tried WhoCrashed and I cant really figure out the issue.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Air3S_1nE5KNigdoO9jI0wn0RECS?e=KMZGjcIntel Core i7 10700K ASRock H510M-HDV/M.2 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030...
  9. My computer has been crashing randomly

My computer has been crashing randomly: My computer has been crashing every other day or so. I've tried WhoCrashed and I cant really figure out the issue.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Air3S_1nE5KNigdoO9jI0wn0RECS?e=KMZGjcIntel Core i7 10700K ASRock H510M-HDV/M.2 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030...
  10. My computer has been randomly restarting.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer has been randomly restarting.: Recently, my computer has randomly been restarting. I know it's not an issue of an update restart without asking me if I can restart at that time because whenever I do have a restart update, it asks me and when it randomly restarts it doesn't even show "Restarting...", it...