Windows 10: My laptop has deactivated Windows 10 Pro License, I can no longer use remote desktop...

Discus and support My laptop has deactivated Windows 10 Pro License, I can no longer use remote desktop... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On Jan 22, 2021 working from home, using remote desktop, I received a Network Error, it was not until a week later that I discovered my laptop no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by smalloy24, Feb 7, 2021.

1. smalloy24 Win User

My laptop has deactivated Windows 10 Pro License, I can no longer use remote desktop...

On Jan 22, 2021 working from home, using remote desktop, I received a Network Error, it was not until a week later that I discovered my laptop no longer was running windows pro. It somehow downgraded to Windows Home. After doing some research I found this was happening 2 years ago with the Microsoft Activation servers. I bought my PC about 7 years ago as win 7 to be digitally upgraded to windows 10 for work. Which was working fine up to a week ago. How can I get this fixed?

:)

smalloy24, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

MSFT acknowledges some Win10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated

Source: Microsoft acknowledges some Windows 10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated - Neowin

More:

UPDATE: You can now run the Windows Activation troubleshooter to activate again.

*Arrow Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Feb 7, 2021
  3. z3r010 Win User
    MSFT acknowledges some Win10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated

Source: Microsoft acknowledges some Windows 10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated - Neowin

More:

UPDATE: You can now run the Windows Activation troubleshooter to activate again.

*Arrow Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

z3r010, Feb 7, 2021
  4. My laptop has deactivated Windows 10 Pro License, I can no longer use remote desktop...

Able to remotely deactivate Windows 10 Pro license on an employee's personal computer?

Hi SADIEL_410

I am an independent advisor here to help

a retail purchase of a Windows 10 license can be transferred to a new machine. However, unless you have remote access to this person's computer you would not be able to remotely deactivate the license from their computer

JamesYoung9, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

My laptop has deactivated Windows 10 Pro License, I can no longer use remote desktop...

1. My laptop has deactivated Windows 10 Pro License, I can no longer use remote desktop... - Similar Threads - laptop has deactivated

2. Can i use Remote Desktop on Windows 11 Pro to log in remotely to use the computer while my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i use Remote Desktop on Windows 11 Pro to log in remotely to use the computer while my...: Hi, I am trying to understand if I can log via Remote Desktop in to my son's powerful gaming desktop with Windows 11 Pro while he plays games on it. I figured out how to enable Remote Desktop and logged in but it forces the local user to log out/lose control when i log in...
  3. Can i use Remote Desktop on Windows 11 Pro to log in remotely to use the computer while my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i use Remote Desktop on Windows 11 Pro to log in remotely to use the computer while my...: Hi, I am trying to understand if I can log via Remote Desktop in to my son's powerful gaming desktop with Windows 11 Pro while he plays games on it. I figured out how to enable Remote Desktop and logged in but it forces the local user to log out/lose control when i log in...
  4. Remote Desktop is no longer working when I reset my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop is no longer working when I reset my Laptop: I have my laptop since 2021 Razer Blade 15, and I've been using this for more almost 3 years now. I did reset this once from the time I bought it and install all my softwares at this moment, I am not aware what windows was installed on my laptop. I've been using this as my...
  5. Laptop Stolen - how can I deactivate the Windows 10 License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Stolen - how can I deactivate the Windows 10 License: I was in the process of selling a laptop that I purchased a new Windows 10 license for. The person ended up stealing it and has changed the password on the MS account registered not as dumb as I thought. Is there a way to have Windows deactivate the license - I have my proof...
  6. Laptop Stolen - how can I deactivate the Windows 10 License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Stolen - how can I deactivate the Windows 10 License: I was in the process of selling a laptop that I purchased a new Windows 10 license for. The person ended up stealing it and has changed the password on the MS account registered not as dumb as I thought. Is there a way to have Windows deactivate the license - I have my proof...
  7. Laptop Stolen - how can I deactivate the Windows 10 License

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I just updated Windows 10 and I can no longer use the remote desktop/vpn

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I just updated Windows 10 and I can no longer use the remote desktop/vpn: I just updated Windows 10 and I can no longer use the remote desktop/vpn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-updated-windows-10-and-i-can-no-longer-use/f35e7e6b-f839-4741-b842-76022e1138ef
  9. Able to remotely deactivate Windows 10 Pro license on an employee's personal computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Able to remotely deactivate Windows 10 Pro license on an employee's personal computer?: We purchased Windows 10 Professional for an employee to download onto her personal computer. If she leaves the company, do we have any ability to remove that product key or use it again for a new employee? Or is that license "gone"? My guess is we don't have that ability,...
  10. Can I use Remote Desktop with Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I use Remote Desktop with Windows 10 Home?: Hello, I need help in knowing if I can use Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Home to log into a remote computer from my PC. I purchased a PC with Windows 10 Home not realizing that I will have to log into a PC in another location. I am told that to use Remote Desktop I would...