Windows 10: my laptop has random fps drops in every game

Discus and support my laptop has random fps drops in every game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a legion y540 laptop with rtx 2060 and lately whenever i open any game i would start with 100 fps then after like 2 mins i keep getting fps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by khaleddiyab, May 7, 2021.

1. my laptop has random fps drops in every game

I have a legion y540 laptop with rtx 2060 and lately whenever i open any game i would start with 100 fps then after like 2 mins i keep getting fps drops to 20 fps and 30 then back 80 and 100 again and this keeps happening over and over again, the laptop was fine and was so constant in the first yearI tried to to undervolt gpu and cpu i tried litterally everything on youtube If anyone knows a solution plz tell me

:)

khaleddiyab, May 7, 2021

2. Random FPS Drops on Windows 10

So, this has only happened on windows 10. Every single game i can play on my laptop always has this random FPS drops.

It is like when im playing the game and it handles normally. Then randomly a FPS drop happenes. Which makes my experience with the game worse. After the FPS drop, it goes back to normal. And it repeats. (FPS drop stays for a lot of minutes, and the normal
    doesnt.)

Any ideas? Please tell me if you know or find out!

EmonPlaysEveryThingy -YA, May 7, 2021
  3. Random big fps drops in games

SOLVED IT: I have a cosmetic app to give me a nicer look to my desktop, and apparently it was the source of my closed problem. I closed it and disabled it on startup and I no longer have fps drops.

I have a huge problem, my fps randomly drops to 15-40 fps just out of nowhere. This has been happening for three months now (and I'm posting about this just now lmao) and I still don't know what's going on.

I usually play games that meet my PC specs, but most of them I play on medium settings, and I don't believe that it's graphics or world rendering causing this because the fps drops even if I'm standing still in games, not doing anything and nothing is happening
    around me. It can't be the components overheating because their temperatures are going up to 45°C and I just recently cleaned my PC and put a new thermal paste on the CPU. The components aren't old either, I got new CPU, motherboard and RAM card this spring,
    and I kept my GPU from last november or december.

At first, when I got new components, there were no fps drops, they started somewhere in august this year.

I searched the whole Internet and didn't find the solution to my problem.

What I tried so far was:

• disabling game DVR,
    • turning off game mode,
    • reinstalling Windows (twice),
    • doing first two again,
    • searching for driver updates (my drivers are always up-to-date, I try to update the every week),
    • uninstalling some programs I didn't need and which I thought were the issue,
    • increasing the speed of RAM.
    None of that helped, the fps drops stayed, and I'm here crying in the corner because I don't know what to do, so please help however and how much you can, thanks.

Oh, and my PC specs:

CPU - AMD FX-8350

GPU - AMD RX550

8GB RAM 1833Hz

Motherboard - BIOSTAR A960D+V3

That One KIHA, May 7, 2021
  4. my laptop has random fps drops in every game

Random FPS drop

Hello there,

Now my problem started a month ago in April, the games that were working fine earlier started having some sudden FPS drops, the drops were for some seconds and then again the games used to come in normal condition.

This problem was occurring in many games which used to run at 50-60 fps earlier. My laptop is HP 15 BS658TX with all updated drivers and updated windows 10 . The laptop was getting too hot when I used to start a game so I thought that it might be a heating
    problem , so I used MSI Afterburner to monitor usage and temperature of CPU, GPU and RAM , my CPU and GPU were both going to 70+degrees in Celsius and till 65-70 degrees no fps drops were there and CPU usage was also normal , but as it hits 70 the CPU usage
    hits 99 or 100% which causes fps drops then it remains for sometime and back to normal while the temp remains high. The GPU also have high temp around 85 degrees so I stopped with the fear of burning it.

As the summer is going on so room temperature is usually 40-43 ℃ . I know this is very high but I want a confirmation that the problem is due to the heating only or something else.

I also tried to play games in front of cooler and it worked , no fps drop occurred.

So pls give me confirmation that what exactly is happening.

Thanku.

DhananjayPuranik, May 7, 2021
Thema:

my laptop has random fps drops in every game

1. my laptop has random fps drops in every game - Similar Threads - laptop has random

2. FPS DROP IN EVERY GAME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS DROP IN EVERY GAME: I don't know why no matter the fps i run : 60 or 100 i have stuttering. sometimes just for dropping 5 or 10 fps it feels like the pc stops working for a millisecond.This is my userbenchmark : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/66105502I bought 2 fans to fix the heat, the...
  3. FPS DROP IN EVERY GAME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FPS DROP IN EVERY GAME: I don't know why no matter the fps i run : 60 or 100 i have stuttering. sometimes just for dropping 5 or 10 fps it feels like the pc stops working for a millisecond.This is my userbenchmark : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/66105502I bought 2 fans to fix the heat, the...
  4. massive fps drop on every game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    massive fps drop on every game: my pc was running every game fine until literally yesterday whe suddenly every single game i own decided to run at around 2-10 fps when they used to run at 60-80i have treid rebooting,closing background programs and none have workedDevice name DESKTOP-0SEOU8M Processor AMD...
  5. massive fps drop on every game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    massive fps drop on every game: my pc was running every game fine until literally yesterday whe suddenly every single game i own decided to run at around 2-10 fps when they used to run at 60-80i have treid rebooting,closing background programs and none have workedDevice name DESKTOP-0SEOU8M Processor AMD...
  6. FPS drops in every game, what's the point?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drops in every game, what's the point?: It does not matter which game I play, whether MW, Valorant, csgo or Minecraft. In every game it happens from time to time that my PC hangs up and nothing happens for 1 or 2 seconds. And when I look at the fpa display I see that it shows me only 1 FPS. I have had this problem...
  7. Random big fps drops in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random big fps drops in games: I have a huge problem, my fps randomly drops to 15-40 fps just out of nowhere. This has been happening for three months now (and I'm posting about this just now lmao) and I still don't know what's going on. I usually play games that meet my PC specs, but most of them I play...
  8. Consistent FPS drops in games every 25sec

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent FPS drops in games every 25sec: when i play my videogames for some reason my fps drop a lot from 180 to like 30 fps every 25 sec . I dont really know the reason why but i think is because of my CPU . i have noticed when my fps drop in my task manager the percentage of cpu usage in fortnite goes down from...
  9. Random FPS drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random FPS drop: Hello there, Now my problem started a month ago in April, the games that were working fine earlier started having some sudden FPS drops, the drops were for some seconds and then again the games used to come in normal condition. This problem was occurring in many games...
  10. FPS drops in every single game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drops in every single game.: Once the bigger update came in May ( can't remember date ), i have experienced fps drops in every single game and i have spent so many hours trying to fix them. Ill list things i have tried below. For example in CS:GO i have usually around 250 FPS then it drops to 10-40 FPS....