Windows 10: My Laptop has to boot up twice in order to work properly

Discus and support My Laptop has to boot up twice in order to work properly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I own a Dell XPS13 with windows 10, and whenever I try to boot it up, I just get the black screen with the dell logo.I have to hold down the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JDucanis, Aug 8, 2020.

1. JDucanis Win User

My Laptop has to boot up twice in order to work properly

I own a Dell XPS13 with windows 10, and whenever I try to boot it up, I just get the black screen with the dell logo.I have to hold down the power button to shut off, then turn it on again. When I do this, I get the same black screen, but with a loading circle below it. Then it turns on like usual. It's really inconvenient to have to restart every time I want to use my laptop. Any ideas of how I can fix this? I read that I should disable quick start-up, but I did that and I have the same problem.

:)

JDucanis, Aug 8, 2020

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Aug 8, 2020
  3. PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into Windows

Hello Everyone,

My PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into windows. When it's turned on the first time, it just displays the windows logo and does nothing, but when it's turned on the second time, it boots normally. I've seen other people having the same problem,
    and they fixed it by going into the windows power options and disabling fast startup, which is the setting that windows recommends. This did in fact, work for me, as after disabling that option, my PC booted perfectly fine upon the first startup. However,
    it takes my laptop much longer to boot when this option is disabled (almost 4X longer).

So my question is, is there any way to fix this issue with fast startup enabled? Because although my PC doesn't need to be turned on twice in order to boot after that option is disabled, it takes much longer for it to boot into windows. On the other hand,
    with fast startup enabled, the pc needs to be turned on twice, but It'll boot much faster upon starting it up the second time.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in Advance.

Atharva Satpute, Aug 8, 2020
  4. My Laptop has to boot up twice in order to work properly

I now have to boot up my computer twice to be able to sign in.

• What is the exact error message showing on your end?
    • First boot up, I put my password in and displays that the( password is incorrect. please check your password and try again.)

• How many days have you been experiencing this issue for?
    • This has been and issue every since I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10.

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Toshiba, satellite p775-s7216

• What troubleshooting steps have you done to resolve the issue?
    • The only thing I found on the internet was to untick the startup fast in power options. this allowed to able to boot up one time , but it took a very long time to complete.

We also recommend checking this thread
    and look at Jasper851's answer and see if it helps with your issue.

yes I have tried this thread, it did work, but it took a very long time to boot up.

Cajuncrawfishdave, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

My Laptop has to boot up twice in order to work properly

1. My Laptop has to boot up twice in order to work properly - Similar Threads - Laptop has boot

2. SSD working properly, not showing up in boot order in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD working properly, not showing up in boot order in BIOS: I have an HP Pavilion TG01 desktop, and upgraded to a SSD early this year. About three weeks ago, Windows 11 was brute-forced onto my system and I had to perform a rollback on my SSD using my backup HDD, which almost failed, but I eventually got to work. However, the SSD no...
  3. SSD working properly, not showing up in boot order in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD working properly, not showing up in boot order in BIOS: I have an HP Pavilion TG01 desktop, and upgraded to a SSD early this year. About three weeks ago, Windows 11 was brute-forced onto my system and I had to perform a rollback on my SSD using my backup HDD, which almost failed, but I eventually got to work. However, the SSD no...
  4. SSD working properly, not showing up in boot order in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Laptop Has to Reboot twice to turn on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop Has to Reboot twice to turn on: basically, if i leave my laptop closed for too long, opening it wont turn it on, so i have to push the power button until the blue light flashes briefly, then i have to release then hold the power button until the blue indicator light turns on, then keep holding until it...
  6. Laptop not Booting Up Properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop not Booting Up Properly: Hi all, So last night i had to manually shut off my Dell G5 15 laptop because the game I was playing Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order wouldn't close out, even after I closed out of Steam. When I turned my laptop on this morning, Windows went through update and after it did the...
  7. PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into Windows: Hello Everyone, My PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into windows. When it's turned on the first time, it just displays the windows logo and does nothing, but when it's turned on the second time, it boots normally. I've seen other people having the same...
  8. My laptop has not been working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop has not been working properly: For the last few days my laptop hasn't been working properly. It has been freezing after a while of using it and the only way to get it to work is to force restart it. I have tried doing a system restore but it didn't work. Any help...
  9. Laptop won't boot up properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't boot up properly: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dave_dinkum598 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fofjz2/laptop_wont_boot_up_properly/
  10. My laptop wont boot up properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop wont boot up properly: Ever since a recent update that required me to restart my laptop/ideapad, i could not use my device properly, initially it had turned on but then it froze and i tried to turn it off then on again but it wouldn't work. I tried to repeat the process in order to try and launch...