Windows 10: my laptop hotspot after update cant share the internet from the wifi please help

Discus and support my laptop hotspot after update cant share the internet from the wifi please help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my laptop hotspot cant share the internet, when device conected to my laptop hot spot its say "no internet" i try speed test my laptop have internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kartika B, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Kartika B Win User

my laptop hotspot after update cant share the internet from the wifi please help

my laptop hotspot cant share the internet, when device conected to my laptop hot spot its say "no internet" i try speed test my laptop have internet and i can browse fine but my hotspot cant share the internet conection to other device when it conected, i dont understand computer please help

sorry for my bad english

:)

Kartika B, Aug 14, 2020

2. best way to use laptop internet as hotspot?

Hello,

My wifi router isnt working rightnow but internet is working by lan cable in laptop directly.

How can i use my laptop as wifi hotspot and use wifi in my mobile phone?

thx.

freebird_9924, Aug 14, 2020
  3. HP 15-ay513tx laptop "Connected, No Internet" on hotspot..

Hello,

I own a Dell Latitude 5430 and an HP 15-ay513tx. I often have to use my mobile's wifi hotspot to access internet on the go.

I notice that I am able to access the internet fine on the Dell laptop. However, the HP one is a peculiar case.

The HP Case:

So, on the HP, the internet works fine as long as I'm viewing my lecture videos (which happen to be MPEG-TS segmented videos with AES encryption).

However, if I view even a 10 minute long video on youtube, this is what has been occuring since the last 2-3 months:
    1. 2-3 minutes into the youtube video, the network icon starts showing the yellow exclamation mark. If I click on it, then for my wifi network, it says "Connected, No Internet". And I can no longer access the internet on laptop unless I:
      1. disable the network adapter, and re-enable it;
      2. reset the network stack (requiring restart); or,
      3. restart the system.
    2. However, if at this very point in time, I am able to browse the internet on my mobile's browser just fine!

So there are a couple of perplexing issues for me...
    1. the internet works fine on the mobile's browser, but not on the laptop's browser connected to that very mobile's wifi hotspot.
    2. Also, on the the laptop, internet works fine as long as I'm browsing regular pages (like while navigating to and typing this post) or when viewing the MPEG-TS lecture videos (which have never been less than 2 hours long). However, if I view a youtube video, I face this "Connected, No Internet" issue.

I have tried the following couple of things to no avail:
    1. I tried assigning DNSs (such as Google DNS and 1.1.1.1) in the IPv4 and the IPv6 files of my network adapter properties. This didn't help.
    2. Turning off the hotspot, re-enabling it and then connecting the laptop back to it.
    3. Turning the hotspot as well as mobile data off, re-enabling both of them and then connecting the laptop back to it.
    4. Using another mobile's hotspot. Even on the other mobile's hotspot, I face the same issue.
    5. Disabling the wifi adapter from Device manager and then re-enabling it didn't solve the issue either.

HP system specifications: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05404795
    Dell system specifications: https://www.dell.com/downloads/globa...spec_sheet.pdf (the i5 variant)

One of the suspects could be that one time, I had tried using the built-in Hyper-V Virtual Machine feature on my HP laptop. Since then, the number of network adapters has increased as per the following screenshot:

my laptop hotspot after update cant share the internet from the wifi please help [​IMG]

Also, since then, even while using my wifi hotspot, I don't get the usual wifi icon in the system tray. Instead, I get an ethernet-like icon:

my laptop hotspot after update cant share the internet from the wifi please help [​IMG]

Both my laptops (the Dell one as well as the HP one) are running Windows 10 1607 (OS Build 14393.953).

One of my constraints is that I cannot try updating my windows because of approaching exams.

Any suggestions which can help me fix this issue without a windows update?

- - - Updated - - -

[Update:] I just noticed that all this while, I had ignored that actual Realtek Wifi adapter in the control panel... I had tried disabling and re-enabling the Hyper-V adapter.. *Busted

So disabling and re-anabling the actual Realtek Wifi adapter does restore the wifi to normal. But it's a real hassle because video streams often aren't resuming when I reconnect to the mobile's hotspot. I have to reload the entire webpage and navigate to the timestamp to resume my videos.

Any solution which can help me solve this hassle?

Ten64BitUser, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

my laptop hotspot after update cant share the internet from the wifi please help

How to share internet from Laptop

Hello,

For some information and steps on how to share internet from laptop, we suggest that you check the answer provided by A. User on this

link

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

1. my laptop hotspot after update cant share the internet from the wifi please help - Similar Threads - laptop hotspot update

2. Internet doesn't work after sharing wifi hotspot in windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet doesn't work after sharing wifi hotspot in windows 10: Recently I tried to create a wifi hotspot from my laptop so that I can connect another device to it but every time I do it the laptop's internet just stops working and it won't let me share the hotspot because I have no connections. I didn't face this problem before is it...
  3. No internet on laptop, after turning on the hotspot to share ethernet internet to other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet on laptop, after turning on the hotspot to share ethernet internet to other...: I've recently updated to the latest Windows 10 version, and the hotspot stopped working as intended. When it's off, the internet is working just fine, everything loads, etc. but when I turn it on and connect a device to it, on the device the internet is working but on the...
  4. No internet on laptop, after turning on the hotspot to share ethernet internet to other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet on laptop, after turning on the hotspot to share ethernet internet to other...: I've recently updated to the latest Windows 10 version, and the hotspot stopped working as intended. When it's off, the internet is working just fine, everything loads, etc. but when I turn it on and connect a device to it, on the device the internet is working but on the...
  5. My Windows 7 laptop cant connect to wifi being shared from Windows 10 mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 7 laptop cant connect to wifi being shared from Windows 10 mobile hotspot: My Windows 7 laptop cant connect to wifi being shared from Windows 10 mobile hotspot, does someone knows how i can fix this?Upgrading to windows 10? or it cant be fixed because its about the laptop hardware?...
  6. My Windows 7 laptop cant connect to wifi being shared from Windows 10 mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 7 laptop cant connect to wifi being shared from Windows 10 mobile hotspot: My Windows 7 laptop cant connect to wifi being shared from Windows 10 mobile hotspot, does someone knows how i can fix this?Upgrading to windows 10? or it cant be fixed because its about the laptop hardware?...
  7. Hotspot internet sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotspot internet sharing: I have my PC connected to internet via ethernet cable and I want to share internet via wifi adapter to my laptop. The thing is if I do this with the hotspot my laptop ends up on a different subnet. Is there a way to share wifi and keep my laptop and PC on the same network?...
  8. how to share my internet by hotspot

how to share my internet by hotspot: how to share my internet by hotspot as their is no mobile hotspot on/off setting on my windows 10 after installing kaspersky anti virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-share-my-internet-by-hotspot/885af132-552d-44a6-a69f-30a9b07c15a6
  9. Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot

Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot: I have setup a WiFi Hotspot with MyPublicWiFi. Allowed Sharing in Local Area Connection *2. Everything seems to be in order as the Screenshot shows. But when I try to connect a mobile it gets connected to "MyPublicWiFi", no internet sharing from the USB Modem. I am on Windows...
  10. No internet / wifi from hotspot

No internet / wifi from hotspot: So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet...